Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jul 30th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
What a Lovely offer... so sweet and caring...
Thanks F&C, when I was in Canada, I would have loved someone to go have a coffee with and just clear my head, and I had no one, so I turned to drink for a while, and it was horrible. Thank god things are so much better now and I am back to" myself" again, some day I hope maybe all of us who have returned can get a weekend break together and have a reunion, somewhere in the UK, that is in the middle maybe and support each other and have a laugh, I for 1 am up for it whenever it suits everyone, its funny but I feel Like I know a lot of you through this, and it would be so sad to lose that connection, as it is much harder now to make good friends Denise 2
Old Jul 30th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Thanks F&C, when I was in Canada, I would have loved someone to go have a coffee with and just clear my head, and I had no one, so I turned to drink for a while, and it was horrible. Thank god things are so much better now and I am back to" myself" again, some day I hope maybe all of us who have returned can get a weekend break together and have a reunion, somewhere in the UK, that is in the middle maybe and support each other and have a laugh, I for 1 am up for it whenever it suits everyone, its funny but I feel Like I know a lot of you through this, and it would be so sad to lose that connection, as it is much harder now to make good friends Denise 2
Denise, I totally understand where you are coming from, Im sure many of us have been lonely and frustrated over the years, I know I have, we all need Friends, good friends.

The get together sounds like a great idea, I hope you guys can do that at some point, I just hope I can make it back at this point...
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:11 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Denise, I totally understand where you are coming from, Im sure many of us have been lonely and frustrated over the years, I know I have, we all need Friends, good friends.

The get together sounds like a great idea, I hope you guys can do that at some point, I just hope I can make it back at this point...

You will Fish, just believe in it!! Look at Trotty True just a few short weeks ago.........

I will get you a pint in and a glass of wine for Mrs Fish and save you 2 seats at the greatest reunion in the world.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

JacquelineScrocca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jasper123
Charleygirl, its really good that you have someone like trotty to help you,
for me 8 months have passed since I arrived in England, but when I go back in time and remember how useless I was in doing everything on my own, its quite mindboggling, its certainly a lot of hard work, suddenly the reality strikes you that hey Im not just packing a suitcase for a three week visit,
No this is the real thing, its for keeps, and I only have one crack at this and Ive got to get it right,
I made a list of everything I had to do, and I got about half way through that list and then I thought of a whole lot more things that were important so the list got bigger, now I started this list about a year before my departure date, so I did have lots of time I suppose, but it all takes a lot of time especially sorting through everything, a lifetime of accumulating stuff,
then suddenly I was only 4 weeks away from departure ---- just like you are now, and I looked at my list and although I had made a lot of progress, I still had lots to do, I panicked OMG still so much to think about, at night I found myself going from my usual one shot of rum to three or four or more hm:
At that point my very good friend Art ---- my only friend actually, he saw the state I was in and he kind of took over the rest of it, he is a very organised person --- unlike me, so he looked at my list then made a new list and every day he was pushing me to get everything done, we got it all done with a week to spare, WOW the feeling of knowing that (EVERYTHING) was done and I was all packed and ready a whole week before my departure date was absolutely amazing, before his help i was really in a pickle, and everything was getting too much for me, everything was getting so terribly overwhelming, I was even getting second thoughts about leaving America at all, I was starting to think ---- is it all worth it, Thank goodness I had a friend called Art to straighten me out, I dont know what I would have done without him,
Well here I am now at home with Mum, settling in, loving life, loving Mum, loving life in England, I even love the weather, still dont have any friends here but maybe one day who knows
Rodney.
Rodney with a personality like yours, it is certain that you will have more friends than you know what to do with before too long
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:16 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JacquelineScrocca
Rodney with a personality like yours, it is certain that you will have more friends than you know what to do with before too long

Yay Jacqueline!!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:19 pm
Home Sweet Home

On another note (I have been lurking LOL!!) we seem to have some missing people, anybody heard from Jackie, Cheers or Windsong lately????

Oh and I have to tell you people the weather here has been just gorgeous these past few days and we are predicted to have a heatwave!!!!

Just loving these warm balmy days, today I saw a little rabbit out of my living room window and a robin redbreast and the sky is so blue and the grass is so green, then this afternoon I almost ran over a squirrel running across the road, never mind the bicycle riders LOL!!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
On another note (I have been lurking LOL!!) we seem to have some missing people, anybody heard from Jackie, Cheers or Windsong lately????

Oh and I have to tell you people the weather here has been just gorgeous these past few days and we are predicted to have a heatwave!!!!

Just loving these warm balmy days, today I saw a little rabbit out of my living room window and a robin redbreast and the sky is so blue and the grass is so green, then this afternoon I almost ran over a squirrel running across the road, never mind the bicycle riders LOL!!
I'm present!
I was gone for about two weeks and went up to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada on holiday. We came home and drove through the Oregon Coast and I loved the whole thing. Unfortunately I'm unsettled now because I want to go back there. It is the closest thing to England that is close by. We had rain in the morning and the vegetation was so good. As you say the grass is so green.
Victoria is a little touristy and that's how they make their income but get away from that and its wonderful.
I made conversation with two girls when I was in a cafe in Seattle and I asked if they were from Perth, Aus. because of something I had heard them say. They told me they were from Manchester. I mentioned Wilmslow and they registered a connection so maybe they were from there?
Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Well folks, tomorrow is the day I head back to the US..I am excited and scared at the same time. I think Rodney maybe right about the sun..I do miss the weather there. I know the sun gives you the vitamin D that you need that makes you happier, and I think I have been missing that too.
I hope I am making the right decision, but there is no turning back now, and I have to make it work for me over there again.
I will be keeping in touch and letting you know how it goes. I thank all of you for your wonderful support in this, I know its not really what the thread is about, but I consider you all friends and felt I needed to tell you the truth.
I hope everything works out for everyone here, in their dreams of moving back to the UK. As I have said before, I am an exception and not the norm....
Jackie.
I'm not saying its hot here but I hear that the chickens are laying hard boiled eggs.
The taps for water in the sink have two taps. One for hot and the other tap is for hot water.
The trees are so thirty for water they whistle for dogs.
Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Thank you Rodney,
Yes, I am flying back on Virgin, I much prefer them to BA, and since april they have been flying direct to Vegas from Manchester too, so that is closer to me . I know exactly the feeling you and Barb have been having, and you are very brave and stong to be able to fight them..I am weak and cant fight those feelings any longer..
I will be taking my laptop with me, I brought it here from the US, and I will keep in touch. Good luck Rodney, you are strong, and where you want to be deep inside. I think that is the difference..I Dont think this is where I want to be deep inside..
Jackie.
anyway I hope you bought a round trip ticket.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You know Rodney, Art sounds like he was a really good friend and good for him giving you a push to get yourself sorted on time. I hope he gets the chance to come to UK and see you for a bit of a holiday one day.
Friends will come along too, you'll see.
Hi Mummy, yes I owe Art a lot, before I left Vegas you probably remember that I gave him my 52 inch flat screen TV, and almost new floor speakers and a receiver to go with them too, plus a 27 inch TV VCR combo for his bedroom, and a lot of other stuff that he liked from my apartment, I gave him first pick on everything for free, and then the rest that he didn't want like furniture & stuff I either sold or gave to salvation army, ---- but all these are just material things, it made me very happy though that they went to my friend, but I owe him so much more then just stuff that he liked,

firstly he gave me 10 whole years of friendship which was second to none,
secondly without him taking over and organising everything so well for me and pushing me every day to get it all done so I could leave, I dont know what I would have done cause I was a total wreck at the time,

Last edited by jasper123; Jul 30th 2011 at 10:37 pm. Reason: add word
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Denise, count me in on the reunion, we used to talk about this a long time ago but at that time we didn't have so many people already over in UK now we do have quite a lot and still trotty and charleygirl and others to follow shortly, I think we should all plan it for when Easterndawn/pegie is reunited with her hubby and doggies and all go up and have the reunion there in Scotland, Hmmmm wouldn't that be something Huh!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Denise yes wouldn't it be sad to loose this connection, I agree I also feel as though I know so many people on here very well, and we have never met, strange, I say that I have no friends over here, well I have a lot of friends right here dont I,
You know what Denise, I would love some people on here to give me there email addresses including you just in case people start to wander off again,
we have all gone through a lot together, we tell each other things that we wouldn't even tell our family, I for one would love everyone on here to PM me there email addresses, and I would write them all down and then I would never loose this connection,
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

You will Fish, just believe in it!! Look at Trotty True just a few short weeks ago.........

I will get you a pint in and a glass of wine for Mrs Fish and save you 2 seats at the greatest reunion in the world.
Oh yes fish you and Mrs Fish have to make it over, cause the reunion would not be the same without you, and the second round of drinks will be on me
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JacquelineScrocca
Well hello there Jacqueline ---- where have you been hiding thanks for the nice words, you made my day ---- or night over here, ----- and a great BIG welcome to you from me,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit it would be fascinating to meet all of my Forum friends...

I will have a lager shandy as chances are I will be driving, Mrs Fish Loves wine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.