British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/over-50s-moving-back-uk-part-ii-699504/)

cheers Jun 16th 2011 3:23 am

Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

When you move back you can find this place for £80 for a double.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ho...el-review.html

chris955 Jun 16th 2011 3:38 am

I'm missing as well, we hope to be back by October :)

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9424215)
Gabgoeshome....I wlll add you to the list sorry. I am going to wait a couple of days and see if anyone else has been missed off.:o

quoll Jun 16th 2011 5:16 am

Originally Posted by trottytrue (Post 9423365)
I did a little updating but in a couple of weeks will move some of the people out of the list, those we have not heard from in a year or more.

Islandwoman.................................Living in Frome
High Tide......................................In Devon in lovely home.
jasper123......................................Hom e with his Mum and getting exellent health care and great food.
dunroving......... ...........................Scotland
DDL.............................................Lo ndon really settled in got a job and really enjoying life. Found a lovely flat.
aes1............................................ Returned to the UK then onto Malta
Bevm........... ...............................Decided to live around the Dawlish area. Bought a home with a sea view.
magistrate.................................. Devon
callé............................................ Midlands travelled home on the QE 2 with her dogs.
Easterndawn................................Scotlan d.. Husband and doggies joining her and Mac soon
Adelia.......... ..............................UK from Australia
scampicat ..... ............................ UK from Spain
HighSpeedGrandma.......................Move from the US to Hong kong but now back in the UK.
alba1 ..........................................Been back for 3 years but struggles wonder how you are doing.
reginac7......................................Took his parrot with him.
J.J............................................... Back in June of 2010 to Norfolk
Adelia..........................................Mo ved back to UK from Australia
Marmalade...................................Moved back 2010 would love to hear from her.
Brits 1.........................................Home

Our latest Ex-Pats to return home.
Beedubya....................................Now home got a job and a flat. DontheTurner...............................in Shropshire.
Ildyinlv.......................................Now home with her parents.
Sentosa..................................... House sold so she is now home.

Waiting room.
PATM......................................In Italy hoping to go home soon when house sells.
Between two worlds..................Living in France inching her way home.

Boodles...................................... Canada hoping to go home
Mummy in the foothills ................. Northern California
trottytrue........................................ New England ..waiting for house to sell
alba1............................................. .
wawa............................................mo ving back in a few years with 2 Cats and 1 husband.
Taffy..Old Duck .............................Plans for two years 2011
bithbheo.......................................Bri sbane planning to go home
fulwood........................................pla nning to go home
Tanto...........................................
Mallory.......................................Goin g home for a couple of months at a time.
Lorac05.......................................Ithi nk she is home.
Charleygirl...................................Goin g home in August..
robin1234....................................North ern New York...Moving back in future
stllurnin48.. ................................planning to go home
Elvira.........................................On a big island somewhere not sure if going home but gave plenty of good information
black swan..................................Maybe one day
lucyloo1358................................Hoping to move back 2010 wonder if she/he did.
h20............................................Mov ing from Cyprus?
shelley748..................................Hoping to move back to UK from Canada
callowman..................................Hoping to move back in 2011 ?
eastkilbride.................................Went back for holiday 2010 wonder what she decided.?
ionaskye....................................Wants to go home, how is she doing...
redbarn99.................................. Hoping to go home.
I like tea....................................Moving back within 3 years.
Victor Meldrew..........................Going home soon
SomersetGirl............................Canada
Cheers......................................One day.
FishandChips.............................Californi a
EnglishMan43............................Thinking about it
Aries........................................Selli ng house and returning to UK Sept.2011Blackcatsfan............................. ..California
bandrui.......................................Cana da
stealthninja.................................Canad a.

Not sure if I should be on there or not - still sourcing the oleander tea :rofl: and then maybe I will be free to fly away for ever! Meanwhile going home for a 2 month visit in September!

bandrui Jun 16th 2011 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2 (Post 9424119)
Hi bandrui, I see that Retirement - US Soc Sec, UK Nat Ins, and the Totalization Agreement thread but it is too US loaded and there appears to be quite enough UK State pension specific stuff to warrant its own. If it isn't staring researchers in the face as a resource they are not going to use it and will end up asking ever more probing questions elsewhere which I, like a dumb - a..e then try to help them with. You know the deal, you've seen it too.:eek:

Yes, I agree Pete. I have been posting the responses that I have been getting on that thread but I think a UK Pension thread is needed. Feel like opening one up? ;) Or anyone else?

bandrui Jun 16th 2011 5:30 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9435844)

It's a lovely place Cheers, but i don't think I'll be staying in places at £80/night!

sallysimmons Jun 16th 2011 11:26 am

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9435844)

The house looks nice but I don't think the area looks particularly appealing. I prefer more dramatic countryside I suppose.

Wawa Jun 16th 2011 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 9435988)
Not sure if I should be on there or not - still sourcing the oleander tea :rofl: and then maybe I will be free to fly away for ever! Meanwhile going home for a 2 month visit in September!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jasper123 Jun 16th 2011 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by bandrui (Post 9436011)
It's a lovely place Cheers, but i don't think I'll be staying in places at £80/night!

Oopppppppps I thought that was a good deal when I read it, but I thought the price was £80 per week, ----- I mean just saying ------ a bath stuck on the floor but no bath tub,

cheers Jun 17th 2011 3:19 am

I just watched two items on BBCTV news just now that were disturbing.

There was a clip showing taxis drivers complaining at a town hall meeting to the police in Petersburough, I think. They were for the most part dressed in middle east clothing and they were arrogant at this town meeting. It appears they have moved into England and have no intention of assimilating into the local culture. Am I wrong that they should act as guests to a country who have allowed them to settle? Maybe you should have seen the news clip.:frown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-13782878

In another news clip I saw of a doctor storm into a hospital ward and throw a tanterum about a news crew who were filming Dave Cameron visiting a patient. The doctor was very rude and I think he should be repremanded for his outbust. I like to think if this had happen in the US he would be out of a job.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13771099

cheers Jun 17th 2011 3:57 am

Changes we might not expect:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...-stickers.html

cheers Jun 17th 2011 4:20 am

Reguarding said doctor, some more information.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-managers.html

chris955 Jun 17th 2011 10:16 am

It's exactly the same here especially in the city, many drivers speak little English and seem to have a very limited knowledge of the roads they drive.

Originally Posted by cheers (Post 9438439)

aries Jun 17th 2011 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 9438994)
It's exactly the same here especially in the city, many drivers speak little English and seem to have a very limited knowledge of the roads they drive.

The same in Adelaide. :thumbdown:

ldyinlv Jun 17th 2011 5:15 pm

Well folks, just thought I would send an update.
I am moving back to Vegas in July..I must admit, I feel like a fish out of water here and I miss the US..I love this country, and my parents, but I find myself getting very depressed ..
I gave it a try, but I cant live here. I am going back to my old job, and place I lived, and hope to get health insurance through work again.
Anyway, I know this is not everyones experience, and I am honestly surprised that I feel this way, but I have for a few months now..I think I am more American than English now, and I want to go home.
Good luck to everyone else moving back..its not the country, its me..:)
Jackie.:)

dontheturner Jun 17th 2011 5:44 pm

[QUOTE=trottytrue;9421980]I posted this list on the chat forum but thought

DontheTurner...............................in Shropshire havent heard from in a while

Hi Trotty! So Sorry all, I haven't been on for a while - but the new PC, had to have Thai Language installed, and it couldn't be done directly, as it was the ''Wrong Version'' of Windows - Got it back just yesterday - and it is still not loaded! - That's my excuse - and we have been busy with the Beans - Tomatoes - Potatoes- Sprouts - Chillies & Garlic Plants - all coming on apace!

Got the new TV, with Sky on, and had to wait for that too.
Oh! Managed a visit to Matalan - very good prices, on all things wearable.

Most things domestic are now to hand - making things easier. - Tim is to be a Grandmother again about January! - and My Daughter Christine and Son in Law Julian, have taken us out for Father's Day to a Chinese Restaurant - which was rather nice, as they just love Tippawan.

So, that's it for now - so love to all. Don