Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by cheers
No you don't have to, its not required and I don't plan to but I don't want to pay for those expensive lessons. Most Americans that emigrated to the UK will say they would never have passed the test without the lessons even though they had driven for ever in the US.

Tell you what go on those notorious British roundabouts and see if you need a lesson. I think it helps to close your eyes until you leave the roundabout.
i will just have to have my dad teach me..Ill scare him to death, its cheaper..lol. Fortunately they have roundabouts in some neighborhoods here now, maybe I can practice at night going around them the wrong way..lol
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:40 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

No you don't have to, its not required and I don't plan to but I don't want to pay for those expensive lessons. Most Americans that emigrated to the UK will say they would never have passed the test without the lessons even though they had driven for ever in the US.

Tell you what go on those notorious British roundabouts and see if you need a lesson. I think it helps to close your eyes until you leave the roundabout.
Cheers, check The Magic Roundabout out in Swindon, 5 in one , we went over it with my brother when I moved to Somerset, I was sweating and I wasn't even the driver!!!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
What?

OMG I am off to check this out for Australia, there is NO WAY I would pass my test with all my "bad" driving habits and driving here for 30 years........never had a licence in England...........off to check it out!!
I know you can just exchange your license like easipeasy. No problem. Cross that off the list.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

What?

OMG I am off to check this out for Australia, there is NO WAY I would pass my test with all my "bad" driving habits and driving here for 30 years........never had a licence in England...........off to check it out!!
LOL .I know ...
My DH has been driving for 30+ years in the states and different countries too,we never got a car in London last time (no need ) .

You can watch a driving test on you tube ,just type in UK driving test and watch one in real time lol.

As a holder of Australian one ,I think you can just exchange yours anyway ...does that make it worse ?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
LOL .I know ...
My DH has been driving for 30+ years in the states and different countries too,we never got a car in London last time (no need ) .

You can watch a driving test on you tube ,just type in UK driving test and watch one in real time lol.

As a holder of Australian one ,I think you can just exchange yours anyway ...does that make it worse ?
I call..no fair ..on Ausralians being allowed to just exchange...lol
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, check The Magic Roundabout out in Swindon, 5 in one , we went over it with my brother when I moved to Somerset, I was sweating and I wasn't even the driver!!!
See I told always keep your eyes closed on roundabouts and listen to the sound of screeching tyres and 'blue' language.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Yes but they have to drive upside down
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I know you can just exchange your license like easipeasy. No problem. Cross that off the list.
Phew just checked that out!!!

I just found this really useful page on my google.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/UK
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:58 pm
Home Sweet Home

That's because we drive on the CORRECT side of the road here. (smug icon needed!)
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:03 pm
Home Sweet Home

See I told always keep your eyes closed on roundabouts and listen to the sound of screeching tyres and 'blue' language.
Check it out!!
Attached Thumbnails OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-1092870-travel_picture-magic_roundabout_swindon_wiltshire.jpg  
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's because we drive on the CORRECT side of the road here. (smug icon needed!)
Yes I got the entire history from my Dad recently when I mentioned I was gonna have to learn to drive on the wrong side of the road...lol
I know all about the carriages and puddles, and Ford messing everything up with his damn car...lol
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes but they have to drive upside down
Thats true cheers..
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Check it out!!
OMG..they need to take the guy who came up with that out and shoot him..lol
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a smaller version of this at Purley, Surrey. Awful to drive around - quite scarey at times.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

You just know it was a guy who designed this don't you. OK - I am waiting for the flak, Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.