Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:32 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by cheers
Like collect your $312,000,000 Loto jackpot.
Are you going to share?
I would be happy if you gave me $100,000

for those who don't know, someone in New York State won the multi state Mega Jackpot

Mega Millions $312M Winner in Albany, New York
You guessed it! I was off buying my new house
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-26851861.html

You are all invited to stay (Once I have replaced that hideous decor).
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe I should go private to you but in the mean time look at Aberaeron, Mid Wales. Prices are so reasonable there. Go £150,000 and go up.
I'll have to remember that 'cyber vacation' Thats what I do a lot of.
The lucky devil who bought the winning Mega Millions ticket in New York...cash out is $193+ mil!! I bought the tickets last night..but as you can see is not me..
Tonite is Powerball nite...now if I win ..am planning so far on Plymouth...otherwise it's visit or renting...no buying for me at this point in time. Still I will have a look see at Aberaeron, Mid Wales..
Rightmove is a great way to familiarize oneself with the whole of the UK.

I also visited the Isle of Wight the other evening. I believe I have a 1st cousin that lives there..we have never met. I also have 1st cousins in Sevenoaks, Kent..Liverpool...and Buckinghamshire (he owns a pub & restaurant). Maybe I should look the Fam up? My Dad is a ??, but word has it he is Canadian ..whose parents and grandparents hailed from Aberdeen, Scotland. I need a very, very long visit to the UK!

Last edited by chriswinter; Mar 27th 2011 at 1:42 am. Reason: typo
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Thats nice. Could we use it as an assembly point for our forum?
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of lightchriswinter is a glorious beacon of light

I'm shopping as well. Come one, come all! We'll have a *Ball*!
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-18332676.html
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:43 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
You have more expensive tastes than me! I bet everyone will want to stay with you and no one will come to my humble abode
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should go private to you but in the mean time look at Aberaeron, Mid Wales. Prices are so reasonable there. Go £150,000 and go up.
I'll have to remember that 'cyber vacation' Thats what I do a lot of.
Me, too, Cheers.

Every evening I have a cyber vacation watching BBC iPlayer's Escape to The Country and all the other property shows. You see SO much of the beautiful countryside in those shows.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

You have more expensive tastes than me! I bet everyone will want to stay with you and no one will come to my humble abode
O! Sally...not to worry..we'll all come for a visit..to your 'humble abode'.

Hey, if I am going to dream, I'm going to dream in grand, queenly fashion!
Right now I have champagne tastes and kool-aid money... BUT!!! I do have a picture of me, in full royal regalia...throne and crown included! Courtesy of that place called.."Medieval Times".
http://www.medievaltimes.com/chicago.aspx
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriswinter
Ohhh my goodness! "Ball" is right! What a beautiful home. I don't think I would like to live there, though, even if I had millions. I want a home I can "cozy up" in - much smaller and unpretentious. However, one of those £500-700,000 homes I see on Escape to The Country (BBC) would be perfect!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful - but you'd definitely need to hire a house cleaner - that house would be a lot of work!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:00 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there with bells on

This is more my style. My great Aunt lived in this one when I was a kid how funny I found it, right in the middle of town on the church grounds, I loved being there, spent a lot of time in that attic room, it only has a couch in it but my Mums little sister had it all set up as a bedroom, lots of fun.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

See? There's all that red again and I doubt these people shopped at discount stores. Funny enough...I have found looking at all these flats and houses...the red is growing a bit on me! No, No, No...I cannot do red.
Lovely house though! and I love the little running creek.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills

This is more my style. My great Aunt lived in this one when I was a kid how funny I found it, right in the middle of town on the church grounds, I loved being there, spent a lot of time in that attic room, it only has a couch in it but my Mums little sister had it all set up as a bedroom, lots of fun.
What a charming place. Love the stone!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills

It's ever so lovely, except I'd need a bigger kitchen. Other than that, it's perfect! Has it changed much from when you knew it?
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I absolutely LOVE that kitchen!!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 2:38 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
It's ever so lovely, except I'd need a bigger kitchen. Other than that, it's perfect! Has it changed much from when you knew it?
They have refinished the floors, it used to have lino in the kitchen diner, it could be a big kitchen they only took a pic on one corner, it was big in there. The attic floors look nicer too, there was carpet in the living room, the fireplaces both look like they used to be I'm pretty sure about that. I hope they re did the bathroom, my Great Aunt had it put in, it used to be use the out house in the back yard and bath in a tin tub in the basement. The basement was huge, the size of the house, she had a washing machine down there and two long washing lines to dry clothes in winter, and she didn't have any central heat back then.
I emailed the link to my Mum It'll take her back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.