Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:28 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I think this is the quietest I have seen this thread in a long time. Where is everybody????
We have been watching a movie on BBC iplayer, french / german film with English sub-titles, it's nice to be back in Europe!
Otherwise staying in the background as a freed returnee and enjoying all the anticipation of you, Bee, and ldyinlv as you count down.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
We have been watching a movie on BBC iplayer, french / german film with English sub-titles, it's nice to be back in Europe!
Otherwise staying in the background as a freed returnee and enjoying all the anticipation of you, Bee, and ldyinlv as you count down.
Thanks JJ, I am glad you are enjoying yourself.. 21 sleeps and a wake up here..yipeee..
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:39 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Thanks JJ, I am glad you are enjoying yourself.. 21 sleeps and a wake up here..yipeee..
...and then you will be back in Lincs enjoying sage sausage (can't rem if you are vegetarian).
We were over in Spalding at the weekend with family, picked up a couple lbs of sausage, can't get real Lincs sausage even just over the border in Norfolk. Butchers had ran out of Haslet though, have to wait til next visit, it was New Years Eve and butchers stocks were sold out and were closing by 2 p.m. on Friday (they had low inventory because of the long 4-day weekend)
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
...and then you will be back in Lincs enjoying sage sausage (can't rem if you are vegetarian).
We were over in Spalding at the weekend with family, picked up a couple lbs of sausage, can't get real Lincs sausage even just over the border in Norfolk. Butchers had ran out of Haslet though, have to wait til next visit, it was New Years Eve and butchers stocks were sold out and were closing by 2 p.m. on Friday (they had low inventory because of the long 4-day weekend)
MMM cant wait for some good sausage, sausage rolls, cream donuts, pork pie, pasties, fish and chips....oh my...there goes the resolution..
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

did you guys read actor Pete Postlethwaite died? super actor.. young at 64
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fulwood
Yes, I did see that, it is very sad, he was very good, and apparently a really nice man..
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - I saw it on the BBC website at lunchtime today. Very sad. A great actor. I loved the movies "In the Name of the Father" and "Brassed Off". I didn't realize that he came from Warrington. (I used to live there).
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad, I was just watching Brassed Off the other night. One of my favorite actors :-(
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Hello Fulwood, You posted about Cars a few pages back - saying you cannot stand a manual - neither can I, so will be sourcing an automatic, as soon as we are back. Go to the dealership of your choice, and tell them the model you want, and the colour, and price range - and then tell them to source one for you. - New or in our case, used - make sure it has a warranty, an MOT, and then they will tax it for you, while you arrange insurance. if you are over 50, then Saga may offer the best Insurance deal. dontheturner.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:12 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
MMM cant wait for some good sausage, sausage rolls, cream donuts, pork pie, pasties, fish and chips....oh my...there goes the resolution..
So I'm thinking you aren't vegetarian

I had a lovely afternoon of shopping with Dd, just the two of us and she was bribed for good behavior with a $1 cuddly mermaid She's so cheap!
I made out like a bandit at the big thrift store in the big town an hour from us, brand new silk barn coat, love it, with tags $2.98 some J Jill and J crew and Patagonia shirts for me, brand new tea towels (mine got tossed out at christmas full of holes) and a new pinafore for Dd for school all for $22.68
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
So I'm thinking you aren't vegetarian

I had a lovely afternoon of shopping with Dd, just the two of us and she was bribed for good behavior with a $1 cuddly mermaid She's so cheap!
I made out like a bandit at the big thrift store in the big town an hour from us, brand new silk barn coat, love it, with tags $2.98 some J Jill and J crew and Patagonia shirts for me, brand new tea towels (mine got tossed out at christmas full of holes) and a new pinafore for Dd for school all for $22.68
LOL..nope not a vegetarian. Sounds like you had a great, and fruitful day..
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Don should have picked up this item because the actor moved from Sussex to the Shrewsbury area.
Poor bloke died of cancer. He had smoked since he was 14 years old. I don't know if there was a connection?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well what has that to do with houses, cars, caravans and boats LOL!!

Is it an American thing? My bin is bigger than yours.
No I'm staying away from this......
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
Don should have picked up this item because the actor moved from Sussex to the Shrewsbury area.
Poor bloke died of cancer. He had smoked since he was 14 years old. I don't know if there was a connection?
Yes, I Loved him. Very nice guy, and a first Class actor, to boot. He was ill for some time. - and was in the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital- He lived near the Welsh Border - and was 64 years of age. RIP Pete. dontheturner
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Yes, I Loved him. Very nice guy, and a first Class actor, to boot. He was ill for some time. - and was in the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital- He lived near the Welsh Border - and was 64 years of age. RIP Pete. dontheturner
He owned a farm in Minton, Chruch Stretton.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.