Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
ExPat Shield is software that allows you to watch British shows on your computer. Google it and you'll find it I'm sure.

For the Doc Martin fans among us, here are some great photos from "Port Wenn" (actually Port Isaac) today:

http://www.cornwallcam.co.uk/
Thanks again!

Used to stay at the Port Gaverne Hotel and then Castle Rock Hotel (now redeveloped) every year from zero to fifteen. Nice pics!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:08 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds
oh sally thank you...as is clear from earlier posted holiday memories, i was a cornwall fan long before doc martin was a twinkle in a writer's eye....
SO beautiful.

tina
You should bookmark the site - he posts new photos almost every day just like the Lakelandcam guy
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

ExPat Shield is software that allows you to watch British shows on your computer. Google it and you'll find it I'm sure.

For the Doc Martin fans among us, here are some great photos from "Port Wenn" (actually Port Isaac) today:

Thank you - beautiful pictures. I've been to Cornwall a few times on vacation (when I lived in England). I always thought I would retire there. I think it's the most beautiful part of England. My friend (in Cheshire) still goes there every year. I am so envious..........
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

You should bookmark the site - he posts new photos almost every day just like the Lakelandcam guy
Thanks - I bookmarked it.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bea gave us the slip because there are no flights with those numbers.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Found this-

I thought about not commenting on this thread-because it does seem a bit touchy. At the same time-I absolutely have noticed just ONE thing. Forget noses, or teeth or clothing. And please-I don't have ANY idea what it has to do with as far as ethnicity or heritage.

I cannot tell who is British and who is American as I can't imagine it would be possible. BUT-I have seen many British people who have a longer space between upper lip and nose. What it means-I do not know. To me-that is something that causes me to "guess" they are British-and often be correct. It may mean something completely different-but it is something I have noticed.

Beyond that-I need to say that I have NEVER met such friendly people in my life as I have here in my little hometown of Darwen and surrounding areas. The sense of humour and humanity is WONDERFUL!

Last edited by cheers; Feb 26th 2011 at 4:04 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:17 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Found this-

I thought about not commenting on this thread-because it does seem a bit touchy. At the same time-I absolutely have noticed just ONE thing. Forget noses, or teeth or clothing. And please-I don't have ANY idea what it has to do with as far as ethnicity or heritage.

I cannot tell who is British and who is American as I can't imagine it would be possible. BUT-I have seen many British people who have a longer space between upper lip and nose. What it means-I do not know. To me-that is something that causes me to "guess" they are British-and often be correct. It may mean something completely different-but it is something I have noticed.

Beyond that-I need to say that I have NEVER met such friendly people in my life as I have here in my little hometown of Darwen and surrounding areas. The sense of humour and humanity is WONDERFUL!
Where did you you find that?
Weird, a bigger gap, I don't think so.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bea should have left Abu Dhabi, UE, for Manchester 45 Minutes ago and she has 7 hours and 15 minutes to go.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by bandrui
I know this is an old post but I am dying to know what Expat Shield is?
Expat Shield is freely downloadable software for Windows PCs only. It allows you to mask your computer IP address. It is commonly used to view UK TV shows via the BBC and ITV players when you do not reside within the UK. Normally, UK TV shows are not viewable outside the UK but when you mask your IP address, you can watch them online.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

It's BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Bea should have left Abu Dhabi, UE, for Manchester 45 Minutes ago and she has 7 hours and 15 minutes to go.
What was she doing in Abu Dhabi? I thought she was flying from Sydney.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any news from Don or Sentosa?
Old Feb 27th 2011, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
What was she doing in Abu Dhabi? I thought she was flying from Sydney.

Abu Dhabi was her stop-off from Sydney to Manchester - her flight was in 2 legs - Sydney-Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi - Manchester.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:31 am
2aT
Forum Regular

2aT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by windsong
Expat Shield is freely downloadable software for Windows PCs only. It allows you to mask your computer IP address. It is commonly used to view UK TV shows via the BBC and ITV players when you do not reside within the UK. Normally, UK TV shows are not viewable outside the UK but when you mask your IP address, you can watch them online.
Can anyone please let me know what the equivalent of the Expat Shield is for a mac. I'm sure I have seen it mentioned on here before but searched and couldn't find the correct information.

Thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2aT
Can anyone please let me know what the equivalent of the Expat Shield is for a mac. I'm sure I have seen it mentioned on here before but searched and couldn't find the correct information.

Thanks.
You and e both!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.