Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Sentosa
You are doing good Rodney keep it up we are all behind you. I'll be home in a couple of weeks and my Hubby says that is when we will quit.We are trying to cut down already, so maybe we will have stopped before we get home. Love to read all your posts they are so helpfull we will be heading for Pompey to stay with our son, can't wait.
Sentosa so you are heading here to Pompey and your staying with your Son, thats good we may be able to all get together one day over coffee or something, are you intending on staying with your Son permanently or just for a while?
Rodney,
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well one should never ask a lady her age so I am going to lie about mine, so there!!

OK folks it's now 15 sleeps away for me.

Spent all day sifting and sorting, OMG soooo much stuff, why oh why did I ever feel the need to buy it all LOL!!

My daughter and her fiancee came up today to pick up some stuff and to help me take down beds, etc.

Young couple will be here tomorrow to pick up my furniture, so now this is REALLY REAL!!!

Before I could have just cancelled my ticket and lost $330.00 for the cancellation and just carried on with my life, but now there is no turning back!!!!
Thats it Barb, thats why we make those commitments, the financial ones are the easiest to keep ---- right? dont worry you are definitely doing the right thing, you do know that right?
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Trottytrue: Thanks for the updated list We have sold the house, just waiting for the final signing which is Monday, then I will book flights. Hope to be on our way between the 23rd of Feb and 2nd of March

Jasper: We are staying with our son untill we find a place, we are looking for the Isle of Wight,got a few places over there we want to check out.
Coffee sounds good.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would pass this along.

Selling Ikea bedroom set, email me for pics. <snip>

Super King size bed frame - £60 (£120 when new)
2 night stands - £15 each, £25 for set (£30 each when new)
3 Four drawer dressers - £25 each (£66 each when new)

All of these pieces match (brown), but one dresser is brown-black. They are all about 2 1/2 years old, good condition. Must pick up. Need to sell this week, so if the offer is good enough, I'll probably take it. Thanks!

I don't know if it's illegal to sell a used mattress, so I am just listing the frame.
Super King is an American King size bed.

This person is moving back to the US and the items are in Nottingham

Last edited by Sue; Feb 11th 2011 at 10:10 pm. Reason: Best not to share email address on a public forum. Peeps can you pm you
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Jasper 123.....Thankyou I hope it helps give inspiration to those just starting the long process of going home and give some encouragement. Seems along time since you started with your returning home plans. Even getting your US citizenship we I get the feeling you will not be using but it was a good idea to have it.

The weather has been the worst its really cold and I seem to spend much of my time cleaning pathways and moving snow. I just wish Spring would come. But I dont think it will be here for quite a long time. They have already sent us mailers warning us of floods. I really miss English Springitme there is nothing like it.

Rodney do you know if the Uk takes taxes out of your pension that you receive from the US I know the US takes it out of what I get from the UK.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 7:37 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

Selling Ikea bedroom set, email me for pics. <snip>

All of these pieces match (brown), but one dresser is brown-black. They are all about 2 1/2 years old, good condition. Must pick up. Need to sell this week, so if the offer is good enough, I'll probably take it. Thanks!

I don't know if it's illegal to sell a used mattress, so I am just listing the frame.Super King is an American King size bed.

Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

This maybe a US thing. I don't think you can sell a used mattress in the US.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1866808

Last edited by cheers; Feb 11th 2011 at 9:00 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 9:50 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Selling Ikea bedroom set, email me for pics. [email protected]

I don't know if it's illegal to sell a used mattress, so I am just listing the frame.
Super King is an American King size bed.

Not sure email addresses are allowed or wise to include in posts on public forums. Maybe people can send you a PM or email you via BE and you can forward the messages?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

gabgoeshome indiana 39 2011/12
sallysimons ny 47
ldyinlv jackie lincolnshire 53 January 2011
btw tina france 54
wawa vivian toronto 55 unknown
DDL denise London 56 2010
Beedubya bee sidney 57 February 2011
Windsong sally US 58 2015
Charleygirl usa 59
Easterndawn scotland 59
Islandwoman rosie Frome 61 2010
sentosa 64
jasper123 rod Portsmouth 65 November 2010
celticspirit Texas 67
bluenose ray Birmingham 72
cheers us 73 unknown
dontheturner don thailand 82 February 2011
dunroving scotland
fishnchips Oregon US
lol! Just to put the record straight my name isn't Sally. It's Tina
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Cookie
Rodney when you said you was prescribed Champix I googled it but did not post the info incase you thought I was scare-mongering. Champix is also known as Varenicline. Here is info from Wikipedia:

"Varenicline is also strongly suspected of causing severe psychological side effects. The US Food and Drug Administration requires varenicline and Zyban (bupropion) to carry a black box warning, the agency's strongest safety warning, due to side effects including depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicidal actions."

Seems crazy that a doctor would prescribe it when it is "strongly suspected" to cause the above.

Good luck with keeping off the ciggies on your own
When it comes to drugs - OTC and prescription - who is better at informing the public about drug warnings like this - UK or USA?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sentosa
You are doing good Rodney keep it up we are all behind you. I'll be home in a couple of weeks and my Hubby says that is when we will quit.We are trying to cut down already, so maybe we will have stopped before we get home. Love to read all your posts they are so helpfull we will be heading for Pompey to stay with our son, can't wait.
Rodney, good for you in quitting smoking. It sounds as though you feel more at peace in the UK and can perhaps finally concentrate on something as tricky as stopping smoking. That's wonderful.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well one should never ask a lady her age so I am going to lie about mine, so there!!

OK folks it's now 15 sleeps away for me.

Spent all day sifting and sorting, OMG soooo much stuff, why oh why did I ever feel the need to buy it all LOL!!

My daughter and her fiancee came up today to pick up some stuff and to help me take down beds, etc.

Young couple will be here tomorrow to pick up my furniture, so now this is REALLY REAL!!!

Before I could have just cancelled my ticket and lost $330.00 for the cancellation and just carried on with my life, but now there is no turning back!!!!
How are you feeling through all this, Bee? I think as much as I want to return that I would be filled with nerves and excitement and all sorts of things.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Where did everyone go?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Where did everyone go?
Chased away like me.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Chased away like me.
Were you chased away ?

Must have missed that .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.