Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:46 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

i know theres an age counter flying around but maybe somone could put a days till i leave / days back list

km
Old Feb 10th 2011, 11:58 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped smoking 8 years ago using the nicotine patches. After several failed attempts, they made it so easy. The only problem was that if I forgot to put on my patch, I got horribly irritable. My husband said I turned into that girl from 'The Exorcist'
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:13 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Celtic,
Yes I asked that same question to the guy on the phone and he said you have to surrender your American licence to get your British licence but he said if you want to go back to US to live one day again all you have to do is swap your British licence for a US one, --- but if you are just going back to US for a holiday then you just use your British licence, just like your US licence in UK you are allowed to use that for one year and its the same in the US u can use your British licence for one year over there too.
Only certain states will let you turn in the UK license for a US one and many want you to have a US license within so many days of taking up residency in that state. Every state has different rules, I don't think the DVML would be up on all 50 of them. But you can use your UK license for driving a rental here in CA, I bet they charge a higher rate though.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
To be honest I never really quit just cut back a little, and now is probably not a good time for me to quit as I am so stressed out, nervy, happy, sad, excited, weepy, worried etc. you know how it goes. I am going to have to wait until my emotional life is a wee bit calmer!!

The Champix effects should wear off pretty soon and you will feel like yourself again not like a flippin' zombie!!

You would be CRAZY to even think of having a cig now!!!!!! DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!
Yes Barb what your going through now is just about the same as me when my flight time was getting closer each day and each week, freaking nerve racking isn't it, no Im not going to smoke, after 2 months on those champix and me going through the side effects from hell I will give it my all not to start up again, I looked on line yesterday about champix like you did, and guess what the cost for a full 12 week course of the drug costs £400, so the NHS is giving this to thousands of British smokers, they must be investing billions I would say,
Well Barb just another couple of weeks right and you will be out of there, lets this time make it the last time Huh well at least until you find that good looking John Travolta Millionaire lookalike then you can come and go when you like right.
Take care and calm down already
Rodney.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Can ya knock 10 years off me age please, I don't want to be in a old people's home list with all these old fogeys LOLO!!
SORRY CHEERS It is what it is
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal
You can do it Rodney!! I have a friend (former co-worker). She smoked for almost 40 years. She quit at the age of 60 - went cold turkey too!! You can do it!!!
Derrygal thanks so much for the faith in me and your support, I will do this thing, I promised my Mum I would quit when I came back, well Im back and now Im quitting, I promised my Mum this cause my poor Sister Barbara is dying of lung cancer, dont think she has long to go she is only 68 and lost so much weight, so thin, shortly after I came back home and after we visited Barb in Plymouth my Mum looked at me with tears in her eyes and said Rod you got to quit smoking, I dont want to loose you too, she said parents arent supposed to outlive there Kids,
Rodney.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I don't fear anyone. Life's too short.

Hang in there Rodney, you're over the worst now. Good job!
Thanks Sally,
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
This might be related to returning.................

Who do you fear most the al qaeda or the banking industry?
I FEAR NO MAN
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
I FEAR NO MAN
ow about women?
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

beedubya bee sidney 47 February 2011
bluenose ray birmingham 72
btw tina france 54
celticspirit texas 67
charleygirl usa 59
cheers usa 73 unknown
ddl denise london 56 2010
dontheturner don thailand 80 February 2011
dunroving scotland
easterndawn scotland 59
fishnchips US
gabgoeshome indiana 39 2011/12
islandwoman rosie frome 61 2010
jasper123 rod portsmouth 65 November 2010
ldyinlv jackie lincolnshire 53 January 2011
sallysimons ny 47
sentosa 64
wawa vivian toronto 55 unknown
windsong sally usa 58 2015
fullwood Pheonix
englishmom
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:07 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

ow about women?
Shurrup ya daft sod LOL!!!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:08 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

beedubya bee sidney 47 February 2011
bluenose ray birmingham 72
btw tina france 54
celticspirit texas 67
charleygirl usa 59
cheers usa 73 unknown
ddl denise london 56 2010
dontheturner don thailand 80 February 2011
dunroving scotland
easterndawn scotland 59
fishnchips US
gabgoeshome indiana 39 2011/12
islandwoman rosie frome 61 2010
jasper123 rod portsmouth 65 November 2010
ldyinlv jackie lincolnshire 53 January 2011
sallysimons ny 47
sentosa 64
wawa vivian toronto 55 unknown
windsong sally usa 58 2015
fullwood Pheonix
englishmom
OOoh I do like me new age!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kmthor
i used champix stopped in November thought it was great no side effects that i know of.. and i must say i found it easyier than expected to give up, i had been smoking for over 20 years
Hi and welcome,
You quit in November on Champix, now so its been what 3 months now? how are you doing? I know that champix takes all the craving away for wanting a smoke and it worked out for me until I got the side affects, two months on champix, i stopped taking them 3 days ago and my councilor said that drug should be out of my body completely within 7 to 10 days,
I guess what Im asking is after you completed the course did the craving come back and how bad was it?
Rodney.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
rodney, I quit smoking after doing it for 39 years, 3 years ago. I used commit lozenges.
I have made a note of commit lozenges thanks, Jackie how you fitting in?
how do you really feel on being home? I bet it must be great being home with your Mum & Dad, thats really the best part for me you know --- being home with my Mum.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cookie
Rodney when you said you was prescribed Champix I googled it but did not post the info incase you thought I was scare-mongering. Champix is also known as Varenicline. Here is info from Wikipedia:

"Varenicline is also strongly suspected of causing severe psychological side effects. The US Food and Drug Administration requires varenicline and Zyban (bupropion) to carry a black box warning, the agency's strongest safety warning, due to side effects including depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicidal actions."

Seems crazy that a doctor would prescribe it when it is "strongly suspected" to cause the above.

Good luck with keeping off the ciggies on your own
High cookie yes I googled it too and I agree theres a whole lot of weird stuff going on,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.