Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:16 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by windsong
lol! That's right. I was thinking of doing just that

Gosh, I am waiting patiently for Coronation St to be uploaded to YouTube. Can't stand the suspense lol!
I am just off to watch it now, what better way than to start the New Year.

Did you find that celeb "Come Dine With Me" with the ex Corrie stars on it? That Reg Holdsworth bloke is absolutely crackers and SOOOO annoying!!!!!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie - I am so glad you mentioned that. I went looking for it before and got sidetracked with Changing Rooms. I went and looked now and found it - YIPPEE!!!! I am collecting the names of the British TV shows as they are mentioned so I can track them down on YouTube. So far I have:

Changing Rooms
At Home with the Braithwaites
Doc Martin
Coronation Street
The Royle Family

lol!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

How is everyone spending their day?

I just came back from the supermarket and it is packed. It is like a run on the supermarket. We also went to a matinée at the movie (pictures to us) and saw the Young Folkeners. Very funny.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie - I am so glad you mentioned that. I went looking for it before and got sidetracked with Changing Rooms. I went and looked now and found it - YIPPEE!!!! I am collecting the names of the British TV shows as they are mentioned so I can track them down on YouTube. So far I have:

Changing Rooms
At Home with the Braithwaites
Doc Martin
Coronation Street
The Royle Family

lol!
Wind..
<<<<<<< I am Jackie.. I think you meant Denise..
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
How is everyone spending their day?

I just came back from the supermarket and it is packed. It is like a run on the supermarket. We also went to a matinée at the movie (pictures to us) and saw the Young Folkeners. Very funny.
I was going to run to the supermarket, but thought twice, I'll go tomorrow while the rest of town is nursing a hangover.
We aren't doing anything, Dh is working, Ds has been invited to friends overnight. We got the tree down and cleaned up, Dd will be in bed before 9pm and then it'll be me, a bottle of Baileys a few slices of christmas cake and some mince pies Yum.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Wind..
<<<<<<< I am Jackie.. I think you meant Denise..
Actually, I meant Barb. lol! I am useless when it comes to a mixture of IDs and real names

And, no, I haven't been drinking lol!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I meant Barb. lol! I am useless when it comes to a mixture of IDs and real names

And, no, I haven't been drinking lol!
I understand, I am terrible with names also..
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:45 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well I am in one with 30 other people, $31 million drawn on New Years Eve, so we all get $1 million each, that will do me, funny enough the phone hasn't rang yet to tell me where to collect my cheque...........
Well that's not going to be enough to buy me a house. Bummer!

I've just downloaded a new "DIY SOS" that was shown in the UK earlier tonight, so keep an eye out for it online!

Happy new year everyone - may this be the year we all wind up where we want to be.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

well- 2nd times a charm!!!

I just booked my flight today to see my dear old Dad in June 2011. For those of you who are not familiar - I had booked in October but got hospitalised so missed my vacation.

This time I chose Canadian Affair and the savings are fantastic- 2 for the price of one fare on Air Canada, very pleased about that, now hubby alias PIA (Pain in the ar*e, joke!!), can come too!!!

I also found a travel insurance policy that will cover cancellation for ANY reason for a little extra $$, peace of mind for me!

Anyway- wishing everyone on here a very Happy New Year for 2011 and long may yer lum reek!!!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Where in London do they gather to let the New Year in? Maybe I can find it on a live webcam except that was 60 minutes ago.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 11:59 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
well- 2nd times a charm!!!

I just booked my flight today to see my dear old Dad in June 2011. For those of you who are not familiar - I had booked in October but got hospitalised so missed my vacation.

This time I chose Canadian Affair and the savings are fantastic- 2 for the price of one fare on Air Canada, very pleased about that, now hubby alias PIA (Pain in the ar*e, joke!!), can come too!!!

I also found a travel insurance policy that will cover cancellation for ANY reason for a little extra $$, peace of mind for me!

Anyway- wishing everyone on here a very Happy New Year for 2011 and long may yer lum reek!!!
All the very best Shelley and I hope you have much improved health for 2011.

Are you going back to the UK in June for a reccie to check things out before you move back??
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:01 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Well that's not going to be enough to buy me a house. Bummer!

I've just downloaded a new "DIY SOS" that was shown in the UK earlier tonight, so keep an eye out for it online!

Happy new year everyone - may this be the year we all wind up where we want to be.
I thought you already had enough people buying you a house LOL!!

Will check that out Sally, thanks.

Yes this year is going to be the best ever. 8 weeks today to go for me and I have kittens every time I think about it.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:01 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by cheers
Where in London do they gather to let the New Year in? Maybe I can find it on a live webcam except that was 60 minutes ago.
Trafalgar Square maybe???
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by confusedenglishrose
While I do not disagree with your sentiments what a miserable and incredibly anal place the world has become, especially some small corners of the earth!

Which brings up a question I have been pondering - premuim bonds? Not likely but if I was to win the big one million on my bond number bought 40 years ago by my grandmother while I was definitely a UK resident, but now I am not then would I be able to claim?
Hello, Premium Bonds are different. They already had my Bank details, and paid the winnings straight into it, early last year (2010) - Don't know how much though, till we get home. dontheturner.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I've been on the verge of tears this morning - SO SO homesick today. I've been trying to find videos of just about anything British. I found this lovely video of a trainride through the Somerset countryside. I want to go home TODAY!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PNdtGyKimw
Windsong, If you want to see more engines:---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOoF7Ney8g

dontheturner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.