Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 28th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Englishman..I remember that magazine It is strange how a word can change from being a nothing word to something much different. I have quite a few books with " It was a Gay day" or She was happy and gay they are off course from the 30's and 40's.
True!

How about people no longer naming their son Richard?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:44 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffy Duck
You people are so funny I was just imagining Benny Hill talking about ( birds and tits ) it would have made a great scene don't you think

cheers....Taffy
Oh yes very Benny Hill/Blackpool type seaside humour.

Titillating one might say.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Englishman..I remember that magazine It is strange how a word can change from being a nothing word to something much different. I have quite a few books with " It was a Gay day" or She was happy and gay they are off course from the 30's and 40's.
I've been reading Enid Blyton books to Dd lately, and theres an awful lot of being gay and having a gay time in those, I just switch the word to happy Otherwise my little parrot will be shouting I'm have a gay day or gay time all over the school yard and I'll be having a chat with the teacher
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:03 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
True!

How about people no longer naming their son Richard?
My friend here named her boy Richard, after her father (deceased) so far only my UK Dh calls him Dick or Dickie. He hates it, but she was asking for it, she named her next one Thomas, so when boy #3 was on his way we all asked it he'd be Harry. Her Dh wouldn't let her, even though Harrison is a family nane and she loved it
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:05 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
My friend here named her boy Richard, after her father (deceased) so far only my UK Dh calls him Dick or Dickie. He hates it, but she was asking for it, she named her next one Thomas, so when boy #3 was on his way we all asked it he'd be Harry. Her Dh wouldn't let her, even though Harrison is a family nane and she loved it
Any old Tom, Dick or Harry.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mallory..........Love that website. When I make my way to the big sky above I have told my family I dont want people to send flowers just buy a birdfeeder and feeds the birds.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Ooohhh!! What's the link to the Queen Mary webcam?
Windsong you may have noticed we have got pretty raunchy on here while you have been at work. Just close your eyes.

Well anyway I have been backtracking the messages /postings looking for the thread for the Queen Mary 2 and I haven't found it so far. I just thought we should ............Google it. I want to bookmark it also.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some regulars have made changes in their lives and we don't hear from them as much as we would have liked.

Eastern got weemac puppy and is maybe switching jobs and buying a car.

Dondunroving has a delima over his occupation.

Jackie will be back when things slow down.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
My first boss here in the US was called Randy ... now it took me quite a while to be able say his name without smirking
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:20 pm
Home Sweet Home

Windsong you may have noticed we have got pretty raunchy on here while you have been at work. Just close your eyes.

Well anyway I have been backtracking the messages /postings looking for the thread for the Queen Mary 2 and I haven't found it so far. I just thought we should ............Google it. I want to bookmark it also.
Here ya go John

http://www.cunardline.com.au/Ships/Q...ridge-Web-Cam/

And don't say I don't do anything for you.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:21 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by beachgal21
My first boss here in the US was called Randy ... now it took me quite a while to be able say his name without smirking
VERY American name and not at all British.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Windsong, Here is what you asked for.

http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Ma...ridge-Web-Cam/

QM webcam
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Here ya go John

http://www.cunardline.com.au/Ships/Q...ridge-Web-Cam/

And don't say I don't do anything for you.
Tarr Ducks!

Whats wrong with the name Randy???
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Tarr Ducks!

Whats wrong with the name Randy???
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I google that to.

As they say 'you learn something new everyday'

adjective:
1. Sexually aroused, turned on, or excited
2. strong desire for sex
3. stronger than the word horney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.