Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 17th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
For those of you movng back with dogs I thought this was interesting. I was talking to my niece today and she was telling me how she has to collect her dogs poops and put them in little blue bags then she has a small container she collects them in and I think it twice a month they have to be put into a red container and the council come round and collects them. If poops are found in your regular dustbin you can be fined. I will miss throwing mine into the forest
Think that is a great idea....I am a pooper scooper freak.
However little four pound dogs like mine could easily have their waste flushed down the loo if I end up being in a flat. They have ben raised on puppy/hospital pads.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I am gonna have to miss the final episode then..will be back in UK by then...
Isn't it the 25th you leave? Good grief - that's less than two weeks away
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
It's too bad he's not comfortable enough to come out. Maybe Scientologists don't believe in being gay, I don't know. Must be tough.
Who are you talking about?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by windsong
Who are you talking about?
Tom Cruise
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wawa
Wind, go to the MBTTUK and Sheltered Housing is the first thread in the list..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671926

Hope this helps...
Gosh, I think this is all for old people!!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tom Cruise
Ohh ok
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by trottytrue
ED...Congralutions on the new job. You keep moving up that ladder

Windsong...Charleygirl posted this link to sheltered housing

http://www.housing21.co.uk/
Thank you, TT. I need to understand what is meant by "sheltered housing". I hope they are not the "last homes" for old people.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I think this is all for old people!!!
Who are "old people"? I will be 67 this week. Am I in your classification?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Who are "old people"? I will be 67 this week. Am I in your classification?
I don't know. I am questioning this myself. Maybe at 58 I am old and I just don't know it - or even at 62 when I return. I don't think it's a chronological age thing. At 58, I know I have too much energy and too many goals to even think of being old and that's why the thought of sheltered housing scares me.

My very distant relative over there is just starting a small business - and she is 69!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Thank you, TT. I need to understand what is meant by "sheltered housing". I hope they are not the "last homes" for old people.
From what I understand it's for over 55. Some 50 & over, others 60 and over.
Let's hear it for Einstein and his Theory of Relativity.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't think you can have pets in sheltered housing - or can you? I read about one place where you can take your existing pets but can't replace them when they die.

After living in a condo in the U.S. with a dictatorial association, there's no way I will have anyone tell me what I can and can't do - unless I am totally incapacitated.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't think you can have pets in sheltered housing - or can you? I read about one place where you can take your existing pets but can't replace them when they die.

After living in a condo in the U.S. with a dictatorial association, there's no way I will have anyone tell me what I can and can't do - unless I am totally incapacitated.
Like you, sheltered housing will probably not work for me. I would love to rent somewhere where they can run and play like here. We live in a gated community where there is a four dog limit. When I have had a litter or so in years past that had been well over the limit, my neighbors have loved the pups and would never have turned me in. Now I just have two.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Homeowners associations are the worst. We have high fees. We pay for an 18 hole golf course, five play parks and three dog parks. We don't use any of them. However, we have no crime and wonderful landscaping......;o(
Old Jan 17th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Yea....really I feel like 38!!!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Like you, sheltered housing will probably not work for me. I would love to rent somewhere where they can run and play like here. We live in a gated community where there is a four dog limit. When I have had a litter or so in years past that had been well over the limit, my neighbors have loved the pups and would never have turned me in. Now I just have two.
CS, that's how I feel. I want to rent my own place where they can run and play and be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.