Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:56 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Nevermind, here it is. I found it in one of my old posts. Obviously, this is just a template; personalise according to your own situation.

Accommodation Statement in support of the Settlement Visa application of __________________________________

Visa Application #______________

My name is ________. _________ is my __________ and _______ is my daughter-in-law.

____ and ____ have been married for 6 years.

I am the owner of the following residence and property:

(list complete address)

I own this property free and clear of any encumbrances (supporting documentation attached).

Current occupants of this property are: ______________

This property was built in ____ and is a _____ (describe home, how many bedrooms, bathrooms, all other rooms, etc.)

Upon their return to the UK to settle here permanently, _____ and _____ are welcome to live with me rent-free until they are in a position to maintain themselves which I anticipate to be soon after their arrival in the UK. They will have their own bedroom and en-suite bathroom. Their presence in my home will not create a situation of overcrowding.

________
Signature
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:07 pm
DDL

Trotty, I popped over to the UK-Yankee site and found my post of the list of documentation I sent for my ILE when we first moved back to the UK last year.

I used a 3-ring binder, every numbered document was in a separate, clear plastic sleeve with a tab on it and corresponding number. I included a Table of Contents so they could look up each document quickly if they needed to, and of course I sent along a cover letter describing what I was applying for.

This is just a guide as your situation is different (i.e., you won't need to include any job-related information since you are both retired, but you therefore may need to include additional information with regard to your money situation) and some things (forms?) may have changed since then, but perhaps this will help you/your husband the next time around.

I was the Applicant; my husband was the Sponsor.
==================================================

Here's what I sent:

1. Original/VAF4 w/required photograph
2. Copy/ Biometrics Appointment sheet
3. Copy (certified)/Applicant’s birth certificate
4. Original/Applicant’s Current passport
5. Original/Applicant’s Expired passport
6. Copy (certified)/Sponsor’s passport details page
7. Copy (certified)/Sponsor’s [long-form] birth certificate
8. Copy (certified)/Marriage Certificate
9. Copies (certified)/Applicant and Sponsor’s divorce decrees
10. Evidence/Sponsor’s employment record
11. Copies/Sponsor’s pay slips
12. Copy/Sponsor’s CV
13. Evidence/Sponsor’s job search efforts to date
14. Evidence/Applicant’s employment record
15. Copies/Applicant’s pay slips
16. Copy/Applicant’s CV
17. Evidence/Applicant’s job search efforts to date
18. Support letter from Sponsor
10. Accommodation letter from family member in UK
20. Copies/Joint bank statements
21. Copies/Individual bank statements
22. Evidence/Additional income sources (Applicant and Sponsor)

Please note: Copies of past tax returns highly recommended.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Sally, what a ludicrous and rude thing to say, especially to Trotty who has been through so much. How do you think your comments must make her feel? Her husband is American.

Honest to god, I'm so glad my husband isn't like some of you Brits on this forum.
I'm an American and I didn't think it was rude at all. My wife is American and I'm sure she wouldn't be offended or find it rude.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NiHao
Trotty, so sorry to read about the mix up with the Visa application, so frustrating thank goodness you at least know what the problem was and can correct it.

In defense of Mr Trotty I do think its really off that the application doesn't allow for missing required documents to be forwarded, it seems so ridiculous that you have to either appeal and wait months and months or pay the whole fee all over again. Seems so mean for what is an easy mistake to make, at the vary least they could make it a much smaller fee to send in the additional/missing documents.

I haven't seen the forms but sounds like they could do with having an attached checklist for forms required - or maybe that's a deliberate omission - "sorry you forgot to include a document that'll be another $1300 thank you!"
If its anything like an Australian visa there are two types of document. Some you MUST provide and others which are just supporting documents. For a Spouse Visa, a marriage certificate is a pretty essential document. Had it just been a need for further evidence then they probably would have kept the application and just asked for more info, but it sounds like this application was lacking even the essential documents. If even the basics are missing then it isn't a valid application and would have to be rejected.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 1st 2011 at 8:47 pm. Reason: emphasising my point which peopel have missed - the difference between essential and supporting docs.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 11:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm an American and I didn't think it was rude at all. My wife is American and I'm sure she wouldn't be offended or find it rude.
I've met a lot of Americans in person and online who didn't have a clue that they needed any kind of visa to live anywhere, they really did think that the US passport gave them the right to live wherever they liked. Just cause DDL didn't think this way and knew better doesn't mean those people aren't everywhere.
Trotty knows Sally didn't mean any harm to her, I think things are getting taken in the wrong context.
BTW Dh and I and all our Children are US citizens too. I love my US friends and family we are not anti American, just a little jaded and realistic.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:00 am
DDL

Well I stand corrected then, Cheers. I'm sure it was a very sweet, thoughtful thing that she said.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If its anything like an Australian visa there are two types of document. Sone you MUST provide and others which are just supporting documents. For a Spouse Visa, a marriage certificate is a pretty essential document. Had it just been a need for further evidence then they probably would have kept the application and just asked for more info, but it sounds like this application was lacking even the essential documents. If even the basics are missing then it isn't a valid application and would have to be rejected.
My point was that they could at least have requested the missing supporting document, if the applicant could not provide it then of course the application would have to be rejected. However, the applicant in this case does have the required document just made a mistake and didn't include it. To have to either wait an additional year for an appeal to be looked at or have to pay the $1300 fee AGAIN is IMHO unfair and highly inflexible. How much would it cost for them to email a request for the document to be sent to them within 10 days or the application will be denied?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boodles
The UKBA site clearly specifies what information and supporting documentation is needed for a successful application and it easy enough to do if one takes the time to read through the instructions.
Ahhh but your forgetting that some of us are mere mortals and make errors.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Boodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud of

My point was that they could at least have requested the missing supporting document, if the applicant could not provide it then of course the application would have to be rejected. However, the applicant in this case does have the required document just made a mistake and didn't include it. To have to either wait an additional year for an appeal to be looked at or have to pay the $1300 fee AGAIN is IMHO unfair and highly inflexible. How much would it cost for them to email a request for the document to be sent to them within 10 days or the application will be denied?
You are right of course, in a kind considerate world that is perhaps what would have happened, unfortunately today staff in every type of employment has been cut to the bone and those left to do the jobs just have no time to extend that kind of consideration to anyone. It is a sad fact of life and unless we pay attention to what is required we end up paying more and it taking longer to get what we need.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I just opened a new bank account just now. It went so smooth.
Chalk that up to American competition DDL.
After I spend $75 out of my account I can give them my receipts and they will give me $75 to use how I want. How sweet is that? Also I donated $1 to charity so they are going to give me $40 free.
I may end up in Blighty sooner than I thought at this rate.

I brought this up because of the last post to show there are exceptions to bad service which is why I may have to close my Bank of America account.

Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Oct 1st 2011 at 12:40 am.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:56 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this, I think they dehumanize it all when they just automatically deny, a letter saying you are missing supporting documentation please forward to... with a ref number would be much more helpful. If there is no supporting documents then they'd never hear again, if there is then the visa would progress. Maybe it's too sensible to do this, instead of sending one out saying tough patootie no visa.
I was called by phone when missing something for Ds's passport, they left me a fax number and told me what to send.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:57 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by cheers
I just opened a new bank account just now. It went so smooth.
Chalk that up to American competition DDL.
After I spend $75 out of my account I can give them my receipts and they will give me $75 to use how I want. How sweet is that? Also I donated $1 to charity so they are going to give me $40 free.
I may end up in Blighty sooner than I thought at this rate.

I brought this up because of the last post to show there are exceptions to bad service which is why I may have to close my Bank of America account.

Cheers
Good for you I hope they lose a lot of customers over this. Bad service shouldn't be rewarded.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Sally Redux...Not sure your remark was called for.

Look I wasnt pleased with Sallysimmons remark about Americans but then thats Sally. She does have a thing about Yanks..........

DDL...Thankyou for the forms that really helps. I have printed them all.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 1:37 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

Originally Posted by DDL
Trotty, I'll email you the wording from the letter my mother-in-law attached to my Visa application. It's on my other computer and I can't get to it until tomorrow. xxx
You are always so helpful DDL, TT has been through the most awful time and it is lovely to read all the constructive advice. I do hope we can meet up once we are settled into our new home. Advice from the shipping co indicates our container will arrive in the UK on 26 October. I'm starting to get excited at last.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

TO YOU ALL.

The past two days have been really bad I thought selling and moving was bad but this was just the icing on top of the cake. But I have to say you people on here are the kindest most helpful I could ever wish to meet unfortunately I probably will never meet any of you but your are truly the best. I have been close to tears so many times this past couple of days and just getting on here and reading your replies really kept me grounded and not wanting to shoot someone.

I have never known such really good people who really care. Thankyou all.

Boodles and DDL the advice you sent me was really helpful.

Even when we are at our lowest we find something brings us back to were we need to be.

Most of you know that my husband apart from having the accident has been ill so it upset me to think that this would never have happened when he was feeling at his best. He was a most careful person.

So today I lost my temper with him and told him that apart from anything else the passport picture he sent in looked liked some indigent, his beard, the black eye he sported at the time of the picture being taken, the gap in his moustache on his upper lip were he had stitches and the missing tooth.
Well about an hour later he came out of the bathroom with no beard and no moustache. I felt like a heel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.