Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:23 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
We are going to get our niece to rent a place for us just prior to moving back so we decided we should put down my brothers address as the place we are staying at as a temporary address. There would just not be time to rent and then send the information in to get the Visa before returning. So do we still need to get my family to write a letter and also give information on the size of the house and whether or not they own the house. This is so complicated.
DDL/Denise applied for her visa that way. They stayed with Tony's mum for quite a while. Hopefully, she will be along later to give you some tips.

Is DH getting any dinner tonight?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Boodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud of

We are going to get our niece to rent a place for us just prior to moving back so we decided we should put down my brothers address as the place we are staying at as a temporary address. There would just not be time to rent and then send the information in to get the Visa before returning. So do we still need to get my family to write a letter and also give information on the size of the house and whether or not they own the house. This is so complicated.
Yes, they will have to send you a letter saying it is OK for you to stay there and also they must provide proof that they are the legal owners of the property, a mortgage payment slip or council tax bill, utilities bills would be fine as proof. The letter must state number of rooms other than bathrooms or kitchens. This is to show that accommodating you and your husband will not create an overcrowding situation.

Last edited by Boodles; Sep 30th 2011 at 7:31 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mallory.....NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Its a good job I dont have a voodoo doll or I would be sticking pins in it. I am very annoyed with him. If looks could kill I think he's staying out of my way on purpose. Hence him sitting outside looking a the view.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Is boodles saying the type of visa she got didn't cost.

This is an eye opener and prior to the posts of today I thought you just showed up at Heathrow and said I'm English and she's with me and that's it.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

judes has a spectacular aura aboutjudes has a spectacular aura aboutjudes has a spectacular aura about

Trotty I am so very sorry, if you want something screwed up leave it to a man ! and yes, that is politically incorrect but I don't care , ok ?
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Boodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
Is boodles saying the type of visa she got didn't cost.

This is an eye opener and prior to the posts of today I thought you just showed up at Heathrow and said I'm English and she's with me and that's it.
No, I am not saying anything of the kind, the visa cost $1300, I am saying that there is no additional cost if the correct visa is applied for at the outset. The visa my husband has entitles him to live in the UK untill he turns to dust and we do not have to renew it, or file for adjustment of status.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by judes
Trotty I am so very sorry, if you want something screwed up leave it to a man ! and yes, that is politically incorrect but I don't care , ok ?
Well, you ain't whistling Dixie!!!!!:rof l:
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Judes....So true..... but if the shoe was on the other foot can you imagine the chat I would be getting.:curse: The difference being men always have an excuse.......WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME......
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boodles
Yes, they will have to send you a letter saying it is OK for you to stay there and also they must provide proof that they are the legal owners of the property, a mortgage payment slip or council tax bill, utilities bills would be fine as proof. The letter must state number of rooms other than bathrooms or kitchens. This is to show that accommodating you and your husband will not create an overcrowding situation.
Boodles, I've copied your posts and added them to another thread I have started on the subject of UK Spouse Visas.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732223

The info in them is great and could be really helpful to others who wouldn't come across them in the middle of this thread. If anyone has any other info or links that have helped in the Spouse Visa process for the UK please feel free to add to it.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pollyana...By the time we have gone through this process I will have lots to add to the thread
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Trotty, so sorry to read about the mix up with the Visa application, so frustrating thank goodness you at least know what the problem was and can correct it.

In defense of Mr Trotty I do think its really off that the application doesn't allow for missing required documents to be forwarded, it seems so ridiculous that you have to either appeal and wait months and months or pay the whole fee all over again. Seems so mean for what is an easy mistake to make, at the vary least they could make it a much smaller fee to send in the additional/missing documents.

I haven't seen the forms but sounds like they could do with having an attached checklist for forms required - or maybe that's a deliberate omission - "sorry you forgot to include a document that'll be another $1300 thank you!"
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NiHao
Trotty, so sorry to read about the mix up with the Visa application, so frustrating thank goodness you at least know what the problem was and can correct it.

In defense of Mr Trotty I do think its really off that the application doesn't allow for missing required documents to be forwarded, it seems so ridiculous that you have to either appeal and wait months and months or pay the whole fee all over again. Seems so mean for what is an easy mistake to make, at the vary least they could make it a much smaller fee to send in the additional/missing documents.

I haven't seen the forms but sounds like they could do with having an attached checklist for forms required - or maybe that's a deliberate omission - "sorry you forgot to include a document that'll be another $1300 thank you!"
Far be it for me to defend bureaucracy but if you consider the thousands, and I do mean thousands, of requests for visas that are received every year it would be impossible, and add thousands of dollars to the process which would no doubt be passed on to us, if all incorrect applications were returned to sender for information which should have been included in the first place. The UKBA site clearly specifies what information and supporting documentation is needed for a successful application and it easy enough to do if one takes the time to read through the instructions.

Last edited by Boodles; Sep 30th 2011 at 8:55 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana...By the time we have gone through this process I will have lots to add to the thread
I'm sure you will Best of luck with it
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:46 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I think some Americans genuinely think they can move anywhere and people will be happy to have them, so they don't think all the detailed rules apply to them.

Sally, what a ludicrous and rude thing to say, especially to Trotty who has been through so much. How do you think your comments must make her feel? Her husband is American.

Honest to god, I'm so glad my husband isn't like some of you Brits on this forum.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 10:51 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Trotty, I'll email you the wording from the letter my mother-in-law attached to my Visa application. It's on my other computer and I can't get to it until tomorrow. xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.