Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Boodles...My husband is very happy. My family in the UK are already making plans and my daughter here in the US is so excited for us. Now the journey really begins. Avril.
Let me add my congratulations, to all the others. - There will always be a cuppa, waiting for you here. in sunny (quiet) Shropshire. - Maybe we can get together, in the future. Love Don
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:01 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue;9497982:

Can you guess.....we have had an offer on the housewe sign the contract tomorrow. Someone did the math and decided they could afford it we had to take a little less but I am at the point were I just want to get out. We now have to look for a rental for 6 months till Gabby is ready but it will be heaven to relax and just enjoy the time with my daughter. Just got to pass the inspection

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Just woke up to this wonderful wonderful news!!!

Oh Trotty True, I am so very happy to see this marvellous post, I am so looking forward to meeting you for a cuppa when you move oop North!!!

Last edited by Beedubya; Jul 16th 2011 at 8:05 am.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

WONDERFUL news Trotty, I am so happy for you..:thu mbsup:
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:09 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I mostly lurk here because our journey is so many years from now. But I read all the experiences and try to learn from them. I know most all your stories.

Let me just say CONGRATULATIONS to Trotty! I've read your posts all along, and can't tell you how happy I am for you! Many many many congrats!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Can you guess.....we have had an offer on the housewe sign the contract tomorrow. Someone did the math and decided they could afford it we had to take a little less but I am at the point were I just want to get out. We now have to look for a rental for 6 months till Gabby is ready but it will be heaven to relax and just enjoy the time with my daughter. Just got to pass the inspection
Congratulations!!!:t humbsup: The six months will just fly!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:02 am

anishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really nice

:drink wine:

After all the hard work at last you have good news. I am so happy for you.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

black swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
WONDERFUL news Trotty, I am so happy for you..:thu mbsup:
I was so surprised & pleased at Trotty's news that i got the names mixed up. I meant to say 'Jackie who lives at Grantham' not Tina.

Paula.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 12:58 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by anishq
After all the hard work at last you have good news. I am so happy for you.
Me too.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black swan
Trottytrue I am very pleased for you that you have at last got a buyer for your house!!! Now you can plan the next stage of your return to England.

Good luck to Aries too in Adelaide.

We have moved into a retirement village & feel settled here. I am on the list as 'maybe, one day' but you can take me off the list now TT. We are both 70yrs this year - - - not too old to move back if your heart is really in it. but we have too many family ties here. Only my 102yr old Mother who lives in Balderton (close to Tina in Grantham) is there now.

I shall still keep up with all your comings & goings though. I get excited for you when things go well.
Paula
I know Balderton, not far from me at all at the moment...
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know Balderton, not far from me at all at the moment...
Only 4 and a half days left until I return to Vegas, I do feel sorry that my move to the UK hasnt worked out for me..This country will always have a huge place in my heart of course.
I can only say think long and hard before you give up everything to move here..especially if you have been gone a really long time...
I am sure everyone here will be very happy moving back here, I am an exception I am sure..
I am so happy for Trotty, now she can realize her dream too..good luck.
Jackie
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:15 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Trotty! Such wonderful news for you and the OH. Congratulations - the wise old owls must have played a part! Keep us updated!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:16 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Only 4 and a half days left until I return to Vegas, I do feel sorry that my move to the UK hasnt worked out for me..This country will always have a huge place in my heart of course.
I can only say think long and hard before you give up everything to move here..especially if you have been gone a really long time...
I am sure everyone here will be very happy moving back here, I am an exception I am sure..
I am so happy for Trotty, now she can realize her dream too..good luck.
Jackie
Good luck Jackie, and safe trip.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

THANKYOU ALL...for your good wishes. I cant tell you how much it means to me. I couldnt wait to post on here to tell you the news. Like I said now comes reality, its one thing dreaming about what you want to do its another thing putting it into motion. I promise to keep you all up to date on what we do. The first hurdle is getting the house passed its inspection and signing the contract. I have see it happen before when sales fall through. Especially in todays market. Its harder for people to get a morgage. I am worried about that, I hope these buyers have that all in hand. We had before always insisted on Bank approval prior to showings but for some reason that didnt happen this time. This afternoon we are going to ask our realtor what type of credit these people have.

I am going to print the past few pages so I can remember what a great bunch of friends I had on here and how it helped. They will go in my memory book.

I will try to meet up with as many of you as I can once we return to the UK. We are going to travel before we buy another home. My niece is already looking for a rental.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

THANKYOU ALL...for your good wishes. I cant tell you how much it means to me. I couldnt wait to post on here to tell you the news. Like I said now comes reality, its one thing dreaming about what you want to do its another thing putting it into motion. I promise to keep you all up to date on what we do. The first hurdle is getting the house passed its inspection and signing the contract. I have see it happen before when sales fall through. Especially in todays market. Its harder for people to get a morgage. I am worried about that, I hope these buyers have that all in hand. We had before always insisted on Bank approval prior to showings but for some reason that didnt happen this time. This afternoon we are going to ask our realtor what type of credit these people have.

I am going to print the past few pages so I can remember what a great bunch of friends I had on here and how it helped. They will go in my memory book.

I will try to meet up with as many of you as I can once we return to the UK. We are going to travel before we buy another home. My niece is already looking for a rental.
trotty ---- now come on you must not let these negative thoughts enter your head, just BELEIVE!!!! and stay positive, you will sail through this, they will turn out to be credit worthy with a nice down payment and everything will be fine and dandy ----- it really will this is (your) time just relax and enjoy it, ------ have another drink
Rodney
Old Jul 16th 2011, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Boodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud of

Boodles...My husband is very happy. My family in the UK are already making plans and my daughter here in the US is so excited for us. Now the journey really begins. Avril.
Correct me if I'm wrong Trotty, your husband is British is he not? so you do not have to go through all the visa palarva...lucky you, it is such a pain in the neck. It should not suprise you, the number of comments you have received, your story has been followed by many , all the ups and downs, cleanings, showings, insect bites and glasses of wine :
and your struggle has touched all of us who share your dream; my dream is still alive and kicking and will be resolved in a few weeks, I will let you know how it goes. So, I look forward to cracking open a bottle of wine with you, some time in the future, in the UK. And keep in mind what Rodney said...NO negative thoughts. Elizabeth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.