Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:31 am
I can't Re-Member

HighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond reputeHighSpeedGrandma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
On a Mac, it's Option + 3. No idea on a PC.
OMG, I have a mac and I didn't know that! Thank you Sallysimmons. Anything else you could tell us that I have no clue about?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I've moved the latest disgreements re America here.

On that note I would like to add: This thread doesn't belong to any one person, regardless of who started it. However, in order to keep it a useful resource for you all lets try and keep on topic, and take any other discussions/disagreements/chit-chat to other threads (yes indeedy there are other threads on BE ) or PM.

Thanks Peeps.

As you were ...
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:10 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by micheleb
It has made a big difference having a date in mind ( can't help wishing it was sooner though) We will be returning to Brighouse in West yorkshire although we last lived there in the early 90's. I am originally from Hull but my OH doesn't want to go there. I love west yorkshire ( well most of it anyway) I would prefer north yorkshire but it too expensive up there
I feel the same way. I love West Yorkshire. I know some don't like the dark stone, but it's home to me. I am looking at Hebden Bridge as a possibility so we'd be quite close to you if we ended up there. I also love Haworth but there are too many tourists. We too would love to be in North Yorkshire or Cumbria but prices are so high and you get so much more for your money in West Yorkshire.

I've never been to Brighouse - what's it like? (I know the brass band of course!)
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

MNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really nice
Talking Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
WOW Mummy that is very expensive, or as they say over here very dear dear Mind you me and Mum are very careful not to ever waste water, we have no lawn to water either now, Mum had it all dug up and concrete laid in back years ago, she has a lot of pots full of her plants spread all over, and she has bushes and plants all around the outside so very little watering is done, inside the house there are a multitude of plants but they only get watered once a week,
A friend of ours up the road a little does not have the metered water ---- he haS HIS bill on a set 6 monthly charge, same charge no matter how much water he uses, and he said he pays twice as much as we do,
When we wash the dishes instead of filling up the sink with water ---- we just half fill a plastic bowl which sits in the sink, ---- and also instead of just turning on the hot water tap and wasting water waiting for it to get hot --- we just half fill the electric kettle and boil it and pour it in the bowl, add a little cold water and a little fairy liquid and bobs your freaking uncle --- no water wasted at all,
We have a water butt, which collects water off the shed roof, so we use that for watering when it has rained recently, it holds quite a lots and fills up amazingly quickly after the rain - not at the moment though as we are basking in lovely sunny weather
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I've moved the latest disgreements re America here.

On that note I would like to add: This thread doesn't belong to any one person, regardless of who started it. However, in order to keep it a useful resource for you all lets try and keep on topic, and take any other discussions/disagreements/chit-chat to other threads (yes indeedy there are other threads on BE ) or PM.

Thanks Peeps.

As you were ...
Thanks, Sue....
and wow! nice photo

Tina
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MNandMN
We have a water butt, which collects water off the shed roof, so we use that for watering when it has rained recently, it holds quite a lots and fills up amazingly quickly after the rain - not at the moment though as we are basking in lovely sunny weather
Strange this. We live in the desert and we don't go to some, what seem like, extremes to conserve water. I just look at the rockies and see all the water in the form of snow waiting there.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MNandMN
That's a great thing to do. Not only does it save water but it's better for the plants too... no chlorine (which is, by the way, also devastating to the thyroid gland.)
We're even getting sun here this week... Allelujah!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
That's a great thing to do. Not only does it save water but it's better for the plants too... no chlorine (which is, by the way, also devastating to the thyroid gland.)
We're even getting sun here this week... Allelujah!
I did not know chlorine was bad for thyroid. I have an underactive thyroid as of five years ago. It's just as well I don't drink water straight out of the tap. I imagine when you use it for cooking, though, that the chlorine is boiled away. I hope so.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
On a Mac, it's Option + 3. No idea on a PC.
Hello Sally, On an ordinary PC, I press Caps 3, on the upper numerical keys.

And it was the same on a PC in Thailand.

Love Don xx
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighSpeedGrandma
OMG, I have a mac and I didn't know that! Thank you Sallysimmons. Anything else you could tell us that I have no clue about?
Mac here too , I ended up holding down the option key and trying all the number buttons at the top I have all kinds of cool stuff.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Troedyrhiw???
Troyd uh ruoo
(only the rh is bit different I have a hard time explaining that one but rue or ruoo get you by) it's more rue if you try saying it with big smile (maybe that'll work )
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Troyd uh ruoo
(only the rh is bit different I have a hard time explaining that one but rue or ruoo get you by) it's more rue if you try saying it with big smile (maybe that'll work )
Thanks! this is my favourite: ynysddu
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh where is the post I made just a few hours ago, It wasnt Anti American...

We now have created 4 threads out of this one, US Healthcare, Chit Chat, and Now America, plus the original 50,60s... I cant keep track and I dont intend to keep looking for my posts everyday to see where they have gone... this is getting beyond a joke... I'm trying to help people and I'm very annoyed...

We are adults, if we get offended so be it, these are just disagreements, Ive read some posts I didn't agree with but I accepted it was someone's opinion and lived with it, its time people got over it... and Yes Im still annoyed...

Have a NICE Day...

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Apr 19th 2011 at 4:08 pm. Reason: spellin... LOL
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Thanks! this is my favourite: ynysddu
You have that one?
Un us thee (sort of)
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Hello Sally, On an ordinary PC, I press Caps 3, on the upper numerical keys.

And it was the same on a PC in Thailand.

Love Don xx
#@!$%^&*()This is wot I got.

I wonder what would happen if I used the F!-F12 keys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.