Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

I thought one of you might like this property. Its amazing what you can get for the money. I dont think they had a stager when they took the photographs. We have an estate agent we contacted who sent us this property. I am not sure how much money he thinks we have. From a distance it looks really nice but close up it looses it charm. The new roof would cost a small fortune. I really should get in touch with him and tell him we are not interested in buying at the moment. But I did notice thats lots of property had new prices listed. Some down quite a bit.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by trottytrue
I wonder if they ever do rent to buy in the UK.
They are starting to ,on certain developments ~I have seen them

Maybe try local a local estate agent ?

It is rare ,be prepared for them to be a bit puzzled
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

bandrui..Didnt meant to leave you off the list think I left some others off to. It was a very busy couple of days getting the house ready for a showing its none stop then you dont hear back from them. It seems to get harder and I really have to motavite myself to get it into shape. I dont look at many of the houses as I am not ready for that step yet and by the time we move they will probably be sold many are still out of our price range but I am sure they are helpful for those who are on their way home soon.
No Problem. Being on the West Coast I am usually posting after almost everyone else has gone to bed so I am used to talking to myself . I always feel bad that all of my posts end up in a row rather than intermingled.

I haven't even listed my house yet so have no idea when I will be returning to the UK but I do find it useful to take a look at the properties and keep in touch with what is available at what price and in what area. It's sort of a geographical education. A bit of window shopping to help me decide what area I would like to live in.

At the moment I am looking around Salisbury. I have always enjoyed that "City in the Countryside" and I like the location.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
You are welcome to come and work on my Glossop garden ;-)
Deal!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by bandrui
No Problem. Being on the West Coast I am usually posting after almost everyone else has gone to bed so I am used to talking to myself . I always feel bad that all of my posts end up in a row rather than intermingled.

I haven't even listed my house yet so have no idea when I will be returning to the UK but I do find it useful to take a look at the properties and keep in touch with what is available at what price and in what area. It's sort of a geographical education. A bit of window shopping to help me decide what area I would like to live in.

At the moment I am looking around Salisbury. I have always enjoyed that "City in the Countryside" and I like the location.
Bandrui, have you thought of Bath - I have been spending a fair bit of time looking around this beautiful area and the views from many properties are fabulous!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought one of you might like this property. Its amazing what you can get for the money. I dont think they had a stager when they took the photographs. We have an estate agent we contacted who sent us this property. I am not sure how much money he thinks we have. From a distance it looks really nice but close up it looses it charm. The new roof would cost a small fortune. I really should get in touch with him and tell him we are not interested in buying at the moment. But I did notice thats lots of property had new prices listed. Some down quite a bit.
I think the link is missing... and now I'm curious.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wawa
Bandrui, have you thought of Bath - I have been spending a fair bit of time looking around this beautiful area and the views from many properties are fabulous!
I have Wawa... I love Bath and will look there again. Whew, this is a full-time job in itself .
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Wot prop r u talkin about? I'd like to take a gander.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:52 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

No not talking to yourself I'm usually listening some nights I dont say too much or Dh is hogging the computer though.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

I have Wawa... I love Bath and will look there again. Whew, this is a full-time job in itself .
I KNOW, and the more I look the more excited I get... and my move is still a year or two away. I was expecting Bath to be out of my price range, but have been pleasantly surprised. The countryside is spectacular but the city is beautiful, I love those old 'crescents'!
Old Apr 10th 2011, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about that my brain must have fallen asleep. All that cleaning

http://www.primelocation.com/uk-prop...d/CFFS8582859/
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:01 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It's the fumes from all that cleaning
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wawa
I KNOW, and the more I look the more excited I get... and my move is still a year or two away. I was expecting Bath to be out of my price range, but have been pleasantly surprised. The countryside is spectacular but the city is beautiful, I love those old 'crescents'!
Second to last time I was passing through Bath I had such a lovely time. I found a little Olde Worlde pub and they were so friendly in there... you know, the kind of pub that really represents England at its best.
Glad to hear property isn't through the roof and it's good for access even to London by train.
Yes, I love those old crescents too.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I think I must stop cleaning the shower while I am taking a shower. I inhale all those scrubbing bubbles and my feet take on a very strange look. But very clean
Old Apr 10th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Now if I had a lot of extra cash that could be made so beautiful and lots of room for a garden too. I think it needs a re-thatch too but you are right on with the sort of thing I am looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.