Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Yes I am here safe and sound thank you, flight was not the best, way TOOOO long but no matter I am home.

Have had 2 eccles cakes, a Jacobs club biscuit and a packet of Quavers already.

Am OVERtired but cannot sleep, a pretty rough time in Australia saying goodbye but it is done now.

Just waiting for my mum and some others to come around. Will check in soon BTW it is grey and raining and cold but still that is how home is for some of us.
Welcome home Bee! Get settled in and let us know how you are doing.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am here safe and sound thank you, flight was not the best, way TOOOO long but no matter I am home.

Am OVERtired but cannot sleep, a pretty rough time in Australia saying goodbye but it is done now.

Just waiting for my mum and some others to come around. Will check in soon BTW it is grey and raining and cold but still that is how home is for some of us.

Welcome home Bee it's a great feeling isn't it. We've been home almost a week and already found an apartment we love and we move in on the 11th March.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

blackcatsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Bee! Enjoy being home, it will be spring before you know it!

I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the 18 months (probably) before I leave. I am trying to fill the year with plans.

My sister and husband are coming on March 19th for a visit, I am going home in May for 10 days, I have friends coming over in July, and hopefully my brother in September.

And I am thinking of going home for Christmas, so that just about takes care of 2011!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Youre home already? It thought it was next week... LOL...

We just wish it was us......
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

YOU ARE HOME!!!!!!!!!

The worst is over, Bee. You are home now!!!
Old Feb 27th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcatsfan
I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the 18 months (probably) before I leave. I am trying to fill the year with plans.

My sister and husband are coming on March 19th for a visit, I am going home in May for 10 days, I have friends coming over in July, and hopefully my brother in September.

And I am thinking of going home for Christmas, so that just about takes care of 2011!
18 Months, tell me about it, Ive been waiting forever, I thought we'd be gone by now, and still no closer, I the told in laws not to come last year as there may not be a place to stay, they came and are planning to do it again this year, they figure plans can always be changed if we sell the house, they will miss not coming here to our comfy home on the west coast.

Mother in law asked us to come over and see her this year, she has no idea we are trying to move back, not told her, again I wished I was already there, and life goes on.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
Just checking in from Canada where I have been busy finalising shipping and arranging for transport for our cat to the UK. Will be heading home to Devon a week Tuesday and hopefully will be going directly to the new house in Brixham. Can't wait to get settled again.

Welcome home BEE
Gosh, another one on their way. Good luck on the trip over for you and kitty
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
18 Months, tell me about it, Ive been waiting forever, I thought we'd be gone by now, and still no closer, I the told in laws not to come last year as there may not be a place to stay, they came and are planning to do it again this year, they figure plans can always be changed if we sell the house, they will miss not coming here to our comfy home on the west coast.

Mother in law asked us to come over and see her this year, she has no idea we are trying to move back, not told her, again I wished I was already there, and life goes on.
I understand FnC. It's a few years yet for me, too. I am trying to come up with ways to make it sooner.

Every time I read here about someone on their way over, I shed a tear or two. It is these tears that tell me I am making the right decision to go back.

I try not to remember that I have been gone for 30 years. It is a fact I cannot erase and must accept - but change it I would . . . if I could.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Beedubya..... so happy you are home. Eccles Cakes Hmmmmmmmmm......Enjoy the rest of your life. Finally home.

It seems like this past couple of weeks we have had so many departures we need to party.:thumbsu p:
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
Just checking in from Canada where I have been busy finalising shipping and arranging for transport for our cat to the UK. Will be heading home to Devon a week Tuesday and hopefully will be going directly to the new house in Brixham. Can't wait to get settled again.

Welcome home BEE
Nice news! Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the rest of your leaving arrangements. See you on the flip side! Rosie
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sentosa
we move in on the 11th March.
Snap! That's my moving day to my new apartment too! Good luck to us both. Rosie
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by windsong
I understand FnC. It's a few years yet for me, too. I am trying to come up with ways to make it sooner.

Every time I read here about someone on their way over, I shed a tear or two. It is these tears that tell me I am making the right decision to go back.

I try not to remember that I have been gone for 30 years. It is a fact I cannot erase and must accept - but change it I would . . . if I could.
Believe me, I hear you...
Old Feb 27th 2011, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Good news! Hope everything goes well for you.

Mmm eccles cakes.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:15 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Snap! That's my moving day to my new apartment too! Good luck to us both. Rosie
I didn't know you had a new apartment! Do tell more.

Sentosa, wow you don't mess around do you?! How did you find the rental? Did you run into any problems about having been away so long? (credit checks etc.)
Old Feb 27th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blackcatsfan
Well done Bee! Enjoy being home, it will be spring before you know it!

Moving back home is a long process, I think - lots to do between the time you make the decision and the time you actually leave to go home. I am in a similar position - a few years yet for me (unless I can possibly make it sooner) but I am filling my time in getting reacquainted with the UK in many ways - this forum, watching UK TV, learning about the property and mortgage and rental markets over there, getting reacquainted with the half-sister I haven't seen in over 40 years, making plans for my life when I return - what I will do for a living, start a small business, etc. I am also already going through all my belongings here in the USA - sorting things out, making sure that when an appliance or something else dies between now and the time I leave, that I have an interim plan.. Prepping my pets, too.

Making the final decision to actually return really does affect all the decisions you make from here on out until the day you leave wherever you are now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.