Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by cheers
Bea,
I think it is Tuesday in Aus., as I type this, and you go home on Friday? I think you live in Sidney and my iphone doesn't list that time. I think they list Adelaide which would be a different time zone than Sidney? Am I correct? Anyhow I need to nail down the details because if you leave on Friday your time it will be Thursday my time. Sounds like a Abbot and Costello routine.
I leave on Saturday 26th and arrive 06.15 at Manchester Sunday 27th.

I can work out the time difference but it depends where you live?? Near to LAX I think?

Yes I live in Sydney, different time to Adelaide I think.....

OK JUST CHECKED I AM 19 HOURS AHEAD OF THE WEST COAST OF USA AND 15 HOURS AHEAD OF THE EAST COAST.......

Last edited by Beedubya; Feb 21st 2011 at 9:43 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Go for it, girlfriend. I'll wear my sequined trainers and you can wear your pink & polka dot wellies when we meet for tea someday in Frome.
You're on!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:30 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

In the London Times. Pubs closing, in the UK, at the rate of 52 per week.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6722488.ece

Sorry to spring this on Bea now her bags are packed.

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-downturn.html
I don't read newspapers or watch the news, too much doom and gloom, I prefer to live in my own little bubble.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Now what shall I wear?
The tutu - you can borrow it from the woman you saw in Frome, who I have not yet come across,
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have a look see:

http://www.wellieboots.com/category/...es_wellingtons
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
The tutu - you can borrow it from the woman you saw in Frome, who I have not yet come across,
Ohhhh I wish I had taken a photo of her

I have decided to wear red sparkly shoes, so look out for a woman wearing ruby red slippers clicking her heels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ6VT...layer_embedded
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:41 pm
Home Sweet Home

Wow, they are all so funky, not like when we were kids when they only came in black.

You will be able to wear then when you go to Glastonbury Festival with all the old hippies.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

OK I just was checking Beas posts to find out when she leaves. Saturday and arrives Sunday.

If you are like me and only read this forum then you missed the following by Bea.

In the UK they wash dishes? in cold water to save the cost of energy.

I wish Bea you would tell us some more Aussy jokes like the one you told "Where do pomies hide their money? Under the soap"
I wrote this before I read the last four posts. They got delayed in the mail

Bea you mentioned charabanc trips. That is a French name, no surprise there, and it refers to the private coaches/buses. That is one thing I'm hoping that hasn't changed because I want to go on day trips on the charabancs.
OK I went back through my photos and found this one of me and Bea inside the charabanc in the front

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahams...ream/lightbox/

Last edited by cheers; Feb 21st 2011 at 9:56 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluenose123
Cheers, Goodison Park will only be demolished if they decide to build a new stadium.
I knew that! I was just trying to work up the natives
Old Feb 21st 2011, 9:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

OK I just was checking Beas posts to find out when she leaves. Saturday and arrives Sunday.

If you are like me and only read this forum then you missed the following by Bea.

In the UK they wash dishes? in cold water to save the cost of energy.
I wish Bea you would tell us some more Austy jokes like the one you told Where do pomies hide their money? Under the soap.
I wrote this before I read the last four posts. They got delayed in the mail

Bea you mentioned charabanc trips. That is a French name, no surprise there, and it refers to the private coaches/buses. That is one thing I'm hoping that hasn't changed because I want to go on day trips on the charabancs (now to check the spelling)
OK I went back through my photos and found this one of me and Bea on the charabanc in the front

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahams...ream/lightbox/
Stop stalking me soft lad ha ha!!!

Noooooo in Australia we wash our clothes in COLD water and have detergents formulated for this, I wonder why they don't in the UK? Saves energy AND money. Do you wash in cold or hot water in the USA??
Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

You have probably changed since that photo of you in the chara'?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Noooooo in Australia we wash our clothes in COLD water and have detergents formulated for this, I wonder why they don't in the UK? Saves energy AND money. Do you wash in cold or hot water in the USA??
Warm/hot
Old Feb 21st 2011, 10:11 pm
Home Sweet Home

You have probably changed since that photo of you in the chara'?
No I haven't aged a bit, still look exactly the same.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I like those leopard print ones
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I wash clothes in cold and they have detergent formulated for it here too, I know they are behind on a lot of stuff here, but that one we have
I have switched the whites back to a warm wash with better detergent they were getting dingy, no one like dingy white aye.
Dishes are on super duper boiling hot in the dishwasher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.