Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

beedubya bee sidney 57 February 2011
bluenose ray birmingham 72
btw tina france 54
celticspirit texas 67
charleygirl usa 59
cheers jim us 73 unknown
ddl denise london 56 2010
dontheturner don thailand 80 February 2011
dunroving scotland
easterndawn scotland 59
englishmum
fishnchips usa
fulwood pheonix
gabgoeshome indiana 39 2011/12
islandwoman rosie Frome 61 2010
jasper123 rod portsmouth 65 November 2010
ldyinlv jackie lincolnshire 53 January 2011
mummyinthefoothills pauline ca
sallysimons ny 47
sentosa 64
wawa vivian toronto 55 unknown
windsong tina usa 58 2015
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Your breakfast menu

http://www.riverwalkhouse.com/breakfast.phtml
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

so my son went to give blood this morning and they ask him the normal questions and he gave the right answers except one and they said he couldn't give blood. The question? Did you live or visit the UK in 1992? Yes. Sorry you can't give blood.

You are not eligible to donate if:

From January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom (UK), or
From January 1, 1980, to present, you had a blood transfusion in any country(ies) in the (UK). The UK includes any of the countries listed below.

Channel Islands
England
Falkland Islands
Gibraltar
Isle of Man
Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales

Last edited by cheers; Feb 12th 2011 at 5:16 pm. Reason: additional information
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
so my son went to give blood this morning and they ask him the normal questions and he gave the right answers except one and they said he couldn't give blood. The question? Did you live or visit the UK in 1992? Yes. Sorry you can't give blood.
You didn't know that? We laugh about it all the time. Apparently I'm a Mad Cow and can't give blood Of all the years to live there, that was the one I choose so none of us can give blood, we also hung out on farms (well yes we were in Wales where else would we go )

On another vein (ha ha) do you ever get those days when you feel like nothing will ever change and you'll be trapped here forever? I'm having one of those days. House prices suck big time and the nearest city to us (45 minutes away) has been named #1 most miserable place to live second time in a row. The unemployment rate is predicted to reach 18% there this year, no wonder I can't find a job. I didn't want to get out of bed today.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Feb 12th 2011 at 5:19 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You didn't know that? We laugh about it all the time. Apparently I'm a Mad Cow and can't give blood Of all the years to live there, that was the one I choose so none of us can give blood, we also hung out on farms (well yes we were in Wales where else would we go )

On another vein (ha ha) do you ever get those days when you feel like nothing will ever change and you'll be trapped here forever? I'm having one of those days. House prices suck big time and the nearest city to us (45 minutes away) has been named #1 most miserable place to live second time in a row. The unemployment rate is predicted to reach 18% there this year, no wonder I can't find a job. I didn't want to get out of bed today.
Let me guess, is it Lincoln?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

So lets see now its "no blood please we're British"
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess, is it Lincoln?
No, Stockton. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12433168
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought you were working as a nurse?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

I thought you were working as a nurse?
I was, but I've been home with youngest kiddo, and now she started school I want to go back. My old job wants me, but hasn't got any patients for me to visit (home health) So I'm bored!
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Trapped here forever, I totally relate... been there done that for the past few weeks... just depressing...

Another vein... Nice one...

Im not buying that 18% not at all...

You should have hit the snooze bar...
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Stockton... Yikes thats a beautiful place if you like Crime, went there 15 years ago, First time Id ever seen armed security in the supermarket.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Stockton... Yikes thats a beautiful place if you like Crime, went there 15 years ago, First time Id ever seen armed security in the supermarket.
I use to stop there in the years around 1964 and it was sleepy agricultural town. I didn't feel safe there then. Then it grew into a suburb of San Jose(50 miles away) so I can imagine how it is now.
California, a good place to be from.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:06 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe you didn't know this Cheers.

I lived in the UK between 1986 to 1987 so am ineligible to donate blood any longer, mind you the 30 odd times I had donated before obviously meant nothing.

I did ask if there was a test to see if you had "Mad Cow's" disease but apparently there isn't one.......
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:09 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
How are you feeling through all this, Bee? I think as much as I want to return that I would be filled with nerves and excitement and all sorts of things.
I am a maelstrom of emotions LOL!!

VERY tired today after moving yesterday. I am at my daughter's place now for my final 2 week countdown.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 8:11 pm
Home Sweet Home

Aw sorry you are feeling like this Pauline. I can relate to those days very well where you just want to pull the duvet over your head and blot out the world. Take care, it will all come good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.