Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Hi again - I posted on the other thread, and I will post here for you too. I am so glad that you are back, You came to mind only yesterday, so it must have been ESP or something similar. If you were able to read back through all the pages and pages of the old postings, you will see the history of how High Tide, Rodney, and I returned and all the twists and turns in the road for each of us. It was snow time here in December, and each of us got caught in that, especially Rodney and High Tide (who is going/gone back west to get the rest of his life there sorted before returning here). Welcome back to the thread!
Yes welcome back --- we have missed you googles, the GANG of us who are returning soon and those who have already taken the plunge is getting real big now, Just recently Island - Rosie has returned --- me almost 2 months now, Jackie is leaving tomorrow with her 4 suitcases just like I had, Barb in Sydney will be I think the next bird to fly next month, David came over found a fantastic looking HOUSE AND COTTAGE, good price too, and so that will be the B&B place where we are going to have our great big reunion, right David? of course we will wait until you and your hubby are back home first Boodles,
TaKE CARE,
Rodney.

Last edited by jasper123; Jan 24th 2011 at 6:22 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:22 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
I'm going to leave the update till later today to see if anyone else has been left of the list. But I will do it.
Trotty, your timetable list was SO interesting! You are keeping everyone ship shape!

I'm not moving back long-term, but will be spending 1 to 2 months every summer in England. Hubby is retiring in early 2012.

Hope hubby and grandson are feeling better.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffy Duck
Bon Voyage Jackie all the very best, your new adventure is just around the corner..................enjoy: thumbsup:
cheers..........Taffy
Wow there you are Taffy, I wondered how you are doing, is everything OK?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
and me lol !!!!
Missing me as well - hoping to get back this year - as soon as my apartment in Jersey City sells!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Jackie and you also Barb, hope you both have a smooth journey and a soft landing
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

I thought that this is a new day and we should all get back to what we intended this thread to be a place to welcome friends and help those on there way back home and for those already home to give us inspiration and helpful hints. So with that in mind I had posted below the list of those already home and those trying to get home.

High Tide.........In Devon waiting to sign contract on home.
ldyinlv.................25th January.
jasper123............Home
dunroving......... Scotland
aes1........ Malta
Bevm........... UK
magistrate....... Devon
callé......... Midlands travelled home on the QE 2 with her dogs.
Relocateme...... UK
Easterndawn........Scotland.. Waiting for hubby to join her and doggies has a new puppy. True hardworker and overcame great obstacles.
Adelia.......... UK from Australia
scampicat ..... UK from Spain
HighSpeedGrandma.....In Hong Kong but back in UK 2011 in January ]
alba1 ........Been back for 3 years but struggles wonder how you are doing.
Patzy.......Memphis left in March 2010 hopefully
reginac7...........Took his parrot with him.
J.J.............Back in June of 2010
Adelia........Moved back to UK from Australia
islandwoman120........ In Frome very popular place great posts.
DDL............Moved to Greater London great posts. US Citizen married to British chappie.
between two worlds........moved from Pennsylvania to France
Lothianlad.........Very Young and in Scotland. Gives good information.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thinking about moving home or in the process.

Beedubya...........On her way back 27th January 2011
Boodles............ Canada going home in a few months.
Mummy in the foothills....... Northern California
trottytrue............New England ..waiting for house to sell
alba1.........
wawa.................moving back in a few years with 2 Cats and 1 husband.
Old Duck .............Plans for two years 2011
bithbheo..............Brisbane planning to go home
fulwood...............planning to go home
robin1234............Northern New York...Moving back in future
stllurnin48......... planning to go home
Elvira................On a big island somewhere not sure if going home but gave plenty of good information
black swan...........Maybe one day
lucyloo1358.........Hoping to move back 2010 Did she make it.
h20.................Moving from Cyprus
shelley748..........Hoping to move back to UK from Canada
callowman.........Hoping to move back in 2011
eastkilbride.........Went back for holiday 2010 wonder what she decided.
ionaskye................Wants to go home, how is she doing...
redbarn99.......... Hoping to go home.
I like tea...............Moving back within 3 years.
Victor Meldrew.........Going home soon
Celticspirit.............Wants to go home.
Charleygirl........... Wants to go home.
Windsong...............Home 2013
sallysimmons........Going to visit again this year with hubby then hopefully home soon.

If I have forgotten anyone who is either home or thinking of going home please let me know and I will update the lists.
Good Morning Trotty,
Have not posted for ages - dealing with a lingering cold/virus thing which is wiping me out......also trying to rent my guest house so I can survive!
My computer keeps 'freezing' so I get behind with this forum, can't seem to catch up and I get overwhelmed very easily......
Firstly, JACKIE, I wish you a smooth flight tomorrow and bon voyage! I think you might meet a millionaire on the flight home.........will be tracking the plane, as usual!!! Don't forget that true friends will always be there, even if they are a few miles away and why can't you go back to Vegas for the winter months? Just a thought...........
Secondly, CHEERS, I haven't forgotten about the other thread and the 'safe house', just haven't had any energy to get into it. It progressed to 'spare rooms' as that seemed to be more doable at this time.....I am making a mental list of rooms and 'buddies' - one is on her way tomorrow (Jackie). Please keep posting possible properties for us.....it gives me hope, keeps me focused and makes me smile!!
RODNEY, ROSIE, DENISE, DAVID - love your updates - you inspire us all - thank you!
TROTTY, please put me back on the list - I am devastated to be excluded.......I am trying to get back to the UK.
Tanto
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

I am also trying to get home must sell the house first we hoped to be home by the end of March but the people intereseted in the house changed their mind so back to square one .Hopefully something will turn up soon.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Tanto....Oh Dear I did it again. Sorry will put you on the new update
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers....Do you have a date for going home, thinking of going home or wishing you were home
I wish. Right now I have to come up with a very, very good proposition for my US wife to except.
So why am I on here? 'cause I want to be prepared and also be able to make my case to present to my SWMBOW.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Don the Turner will be going home next month
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Hi TT, you left me off the list too (but you are forgiven), still waiting for a buyer to turn up for our house so we can return home. Fingers crossed for all of us in the same position.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Sentosa...I remember you posting and you had had an offer on your house. So very sorry it fell through I know what thats like. Well almost. The last person that came to see our house was supposed to be so interested in it but then after days of waiting to hear from the estate agent I finally called her. She said that she had not heard from the people looking at the house but was going to get in touch with them... that was over a week ago. I would have been half way home if we had an offer but then for it to fall though must have be devastating. Still on to the next one. Goodluck.
It does cost money to keep a house in tip top condition and you are really not living in it I feel my life had been on hold for almost 3 years. Thats the awful part of trying to sell a house. Without selling we could not possibly go home.
When I see those programs that show people selling their homes in the UK they dont have to bother the same way. They have plenty of stuff hanging around and many times they are in the home when people come to look. Here they dont like you in the house. They give you a time and want you to be away. Then they call you when they have left.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:40 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Can you add Marmalade as an honorary returnee? I'm still trying to get a response from her but she was a regular contributor until she returned in the summer, and she's just disappeared since then. She's in the Borders somewhere, I think.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

PAT M.....I did notice that I had left you off but I can now udate you with the selling house problems. Such alot of us are in that same position. There was a report on the TV last week that said things would not improve for quite sometime. So while houses in the UK might be going down in price it doesnt do us any good. I'm going to put a little sign by those having to sell homes before returning home.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dunroving...Yes will do. I worry about those we do not hear from them whether everything is going well for them. How are you feeling I know you have had difficulties even though you are back home. Its not always easy going back I think we all understand that. For alot of us we have been away so long the transition can be hard. Leaving family behind can also be the worst. Having one foot in each country is really awful and it will never change. I don't know if its harder if your OH if from the country you moved to or not I have read were many who are married to OH from the Uk and they still have problems as the OH settles and they dont.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.