Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:02 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
My Best friend has them in the South Yorks...
I am going to make a point of being a Palm Tree Spotter on my return home!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Oops, sorry Cheers. Now I see what you meant. You were asking about that "Safe House" or whatever they were calling it.
So what happened to the thread?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:08 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheers
So what happened to the thread?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697803
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone spot our Rodney here in these photos in Portmouth yesterday?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12259938
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DDL
Cheers, are you thinking about the new thread that's been started to discuss U.S. healthcare?

They're all alive and kicking over there, although many of them still post on this thread, too.

You really should go take a read over there sometime. They have some very interesting opinions about this thread and some of us on here.....
I tend to check out all 3 (is it lol ?)

Anyway ,I didn't realize there was now a breakaway group/groups ?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:23 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
I tend to check out all 3 (is it lol ?)

Anyway ,I didn't realize there was now a breakaway group/groups ?
Me too Gab, I participate in all 3 threads, plus many others.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Looks like it died because the last entry was January 6th.

Thanks for the reference.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone heard from Windsong lately..??
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Yep,it seems that suitable 'spot' for the info was up for debate .

I still think FB is the way to go,I really don't think people realize that even with user names on BE ,the questions are just a google away .

I am on a few FB private pages ...works very well
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:28 pm
Home Sweet Home

Cheers if you go to the main Moving Back To The UK main forum you will find LOTS and LOTS of threads of interest, this isn't the only thread on the forum you know!!!

I join in with lots of things, keeps me busy.

Have you ever been to The Rovers Return and seen that great photo thread by the young French guy?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Anyone heard from Windsong lately..??
I was wondering the same thing actually ,had a little chat with her about tea-bags last W/end ...nothing since ???????
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
I was wondering the same thing actually ,had a little chat with her about tea-bags last W/end ...nothing since ???????
Hummm..shes usually on most days, I hope she is ok.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Cheers if you go to the main Moving Back To The UK main forum you will find LOTS and LOTS of threads of interest, this isn't the only thread on the forum you know!!!

I join in with lots of things, keeps me busy.

Have you ever been to The Rovers Return and seen that great photo thread by the young French guy?
Oh ,his pictures are wonderful aren't they ....

Keeps me focused to be honest lol

those days when you are wondering about doing the right thing !

Last edited by Gabgoeshome; Jan 23rd 2011 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK I found this listing of a home we could share when we first get back. Tell me what you think?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-16457958.html

We could all chip in.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:53 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

DR,
Is there a site that I can go to to find where express-none stop trains run to?
As an example I was looking at the Hereford to Paddington train service and it stops at about 15 stations and except for two trains you have change trains and in this case it goes in the wrong direction to make the change. It goes to Newport, Wales.???
You will find them on the links I put up earlier. You can't specify non-stop (in fact I don't think there is such a thing), but it does show you how many changes there are on the route so you can choose, plus I think you can Google the route to find the stops (no, I'm sure I found a link on the national rail site itself that showed where the train stopped).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.