Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Just saw on the BBC - earthquake has hit Western Scotland.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Derrygal
One in Yorkshire too. Just a hiccup 3.5:
Quake shook homes and upset dogs
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I watch the employees at Costco in the check out and they give me an ulcer. I wouldn't last a day. Talk about stress! Its go go go.
Ive worked in retail much of my life and it is busy and stressful in some ways, Always trying to keep the customer happy, without good customer service you lose customers fast as everybody sells pretty much the same stuff.

Id be happy to work at Costco, Im a people person and it would be better than any Walmart, look at those poor people.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:29 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Be advised that thetrainline.com site gets you to the last step and only then advises you that it will slap on a credit card charge.

This site gives you the same tickets at the same price and (last time I used it) there was no additional charge for paying by CC:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Thanks for the tip.

Saved,
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:31 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Well Barb you'll be pleasantly surprised here in the London area - there's quite a lot of palm trees around here, and JJ mentioned having one in his garden up in Norfolk.....

That was one very shocking thing when I first visited London: that there were palm trees here! Coming from Charleston, SC - where they're "a dime a dozen", it was a pleasant discovery.
MMmm funny I never noticed palm trees in London last time I was there, mind you I was pretty ill, and only had 1 proper day out. I will make it a point to palm tree spot next time.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:34 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Yes, I found that too when we were there last year. My impression was that eating out (portion size, choice of food and service) had changed much more in the past 5 years or so than in all the previous years we had been away (30). Anyone else notice that?

When we were in Cowbridge in S. Wales we had the best italian meal in a small restaurant just off the main street, near the town hall, sorry can't remember the name of it, but it was amazing, and really reasonable.
The standard of all dining out has gone up a lot in recent years, A LOT!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Dunroving - Sorry - I hope things get better for you!!!
Me too, chin up DR.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:41 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

And there was I thinking it was the curry I ate last night.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
And there was I thinking it was the curry I ate last night.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

DON,
Do you have a picture of you and your wife you can post, I would like to see my new neighbors..not long for you now too..
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
DON,
Do you have a picture of you and your wife you can post, I would like to see my new neighbors..not long for you now too..
Did I mention 2 sleeps and a wake up..
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

DR,
Is there a site that I can go to to find where express-none stop trains run to?
As an example I was looking at the Hereford to Paddington train service and it stops at about 15 stations and except for two trains you have change trains and in this case it goes in the wrong direction to make the change. It goes to Newport, Wales.???
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:04 pm
Home Sweet Home

Only 1 sleep for you downunder Jackie!!!!

How are your nerves holding up?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Yep just when the temperature is going to be nice in LV.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Only 1 sleep for you downunder Jackie!!!!

How are your nerves holding up?
Ok..tomorrow is gonna be rough saying goodbye to my daughter, but other than that Im a mess..lol.excited, sad, etc..hard to know what to feel right now..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.