Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:34 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by windsong
What is the "third" country certificate? I didn't know about that.
It's a form you download from the DEFRA site, that your vet records all the dates, etc., that all the different bits were done, and you then send to a USDA vet for their countersignature.

It's sort of the "Pet Passport" you use when you bring your pet in from a country that isn't one of a list of Pet Passport countries.

When you think of it, up to that point, everything is recorded in vet records, etc., that are all different formats, etc., so it's a way for DEFRA to have everything summarized on a standard form.

If you run an advanced search for DEFRA and certificate on the USA forum, you'll find more detailed explanations and links (some of them posted by me - I just responded to the exact same question twice within the past week or so ...).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...92#post9091392

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...10#post9082410

Last edited by dunroving; Jan 15th 2011 at 2:40 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Rosie,
Have you taken any new photos in the last ten days? I wish there was some of the rain. (don't throw anything)
I know you are busy with projects.
Cheers
I love seeing Rosie's pics from Frome and the surrounding area, too. I look forward to her pics.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
It's a form you download from the DEFRA site, that your vet records all the dates, etc., that all the different bits were done, and you then send to a USDA vet for their countersignature.

It's sort of the "Pet Passport" you use when you bring your pet in from a country that isn't one of a list of Pet Passport countries.

When you think of it, up to that point, everything is recorded in vet records, etc., that are all different formats, etc., so it's a way for DEFRA to have everything summarized on a standard form.

If you run an advanced search for DEFRA and certificate on the USA forum, you'll find more detailed explanations and links (some of them posted by me - I just responded to the exact same question twice within the past week or so ...).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...92#post9091392

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...10#post9082410
Thanks, Dunroving. I will do that. I thought perhaps they had to enter a THIRD country (other than US and UK) before they arrive in the UK lol!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:38 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Took a few - will upload them later on if they came out OK, but I have not been any where interesting for quite some while. Been talking to you all instead!
When the weather gets a little better you can get out to Longleat House and Safari Park, you will be sure to get some interesting photo's there to share, I never quite made it, closed for winter and all that.........I'm 99% sure you can get a bus there from Frome.

http://www.longleat.co.uk/

Last edited by Beedubya; Jan 15th 2011 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:40 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Oh dear, reading this thread it seems I have no idea how to eat anymore.

I have no idea what is right in which country anymore and honestly, I find it hard to care. I eat however I eat - if someone looks down on me because I'm holding my fork the British or American way (Lord, knows what I picked up in Canada!) well, that's their problem. Seems very unimportant to me. It reminds me of the worst of Britain - those social mores that separate one 'class' from another and allow one group of people to feel superior to another.

I prefer to judge people by their character. A kind, friendly, funny person can eat their peas with both hands for all I care, just as long as they take care of the people they love and live a good life.
I feel people were/are just generalising and pointing out the differences and finding those differences interesting and maybe historical not looking down on anybody at least that's the way I am looking at it...........
Old Jan 15th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

OK while I'm waiting I will take another walk in the neighborhood in Frome via Google.
Photos uploaded... not too many, not too great. But here they are for now.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Penmanship and signatures?

Some maybe able to share their experience of going to Walmart and signing on the pad for a credit card purchase. Got it? Now the point on the pen is about 1/4" wide! How are you going to sign your signature with that??

I like so many of you have lost the art of penmanship and about the only time I write is on checks.

You have me thinking to my school days in England and having the school supplied pen and nib and inkwell and blotting paper. (man I'm as old as a dinosaur)
Yep cheers I remember the nib the inkwell and the blotting paper, used to hate getting the ink on my hands cause it was really hard getting it off, dont forget that those were the days before that remarkable invention of the ballpoint pens, and we still did all our rail travel on those lovely steam trains, Hmmmmm Loved them
Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Photos uploaded... not too many, not too great. But here they are for now.
Rosie - What's your Flickr link? I had it saved and now I can't find it.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shush don't tell everybody because as it is there are too many moving there and with the government looking at everything some programs could be cancelled. Everything except the bankers bonuses that is.
Someone from over in the UK told me there are tons of mentions on the news about all the expats returning.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie - What's your Flickr link? I had it saved and now I can't find it.
Here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandwoman/
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Someone from over in the UK told me there are tons of mentions on the news about all the expats returning.
And at the same time there are programs about moving to Australia on the TV. A bit upmarket from years ago - I nearly moved there (against my desires) when I was in my early 20s and I remember the advertising then about immigrating. I don't remember the actual program titles, but there are two going on at the moment - guess they are scared that so many are leaving Aussie that more people need to replace them! Just guessing.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Yep cheers I remember the nib the inkwell and the blotting paper, used to hate getting the ink on my hands cause it was really hard getting it off, dont forget that those were the days before that remarkable invention of the ballpoint pens, and we still did all our rail travel on those lovely steam trains, Hmmmmm Loved them
Do you remember breaking the nibs so you could use them as darts?
Very dangerous! It gave the teacher a fit.

I also remember being canned several times on the hand and never on the backside. I deserved it.

Looking back I'm glad the schools were segregated, as in boys and girls.

We were on the leading edge of fashion because we wore short pants way before they became the fashion.

In the girls school do you remember them wearing those navy blue nickers and they would tuck their skirts into them so they could do handstands in the playground. No big deal!

Last edited by cheers; Jan 15th 2011 at 6:52 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Adminstrator.

When you click a poster and it asks if you want to put them on your 'buddy list'. What does that do?
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've heard some are coming back from Spain.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:59 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Anna, if you are out there lurking do come in and give us one of your blasts of sunshine and happiness.

Yes, Anna ... if you're still here, post some teasers about Malta.

We all want some Malteasers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.