Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:19 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

When I worked in a pub we used to sell them on napkins I think - obviously a high-falutin' establishment!

Did you hear anything about your survey?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh I get it The electric socket and the phone jack are far apart and need to be next to each other for the modem, not the computer and the modem.
I think Taffy ducks got it, a trip to the pub to ask who can make an extension cord just the right size
Yes Mummy thats exactly right, --- I have a habit of explaining things really badly and confusing people, but you hit the nail slam bam right on the head Ma'am ---- plain and simple
One of my Nephews work mates is an electricion and he,s going to ask him how cheap he can put a new phone jack in for me, --- a phone jack right in the dining room right next to the table where I use my lap top most, It would be Ideal, right next to the electric socket, then the modem would be in a good spot, and of course I can still take my lap top and use it anywhere in the house,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
When I worked in a pub we used to sell them on napkins I think - obviously a high-falutin' establishment!

Did you hear anything about your survey?
Just heard back this afternoon and everything is a GO. There are a few issues which we expected but to be honest we have managed to get the property at a fair price. The present owners are happy to complete quickly so if all goes well we could be in in 2-3 weeks.

Here is the house: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-28513696.html
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm with Medicare as my primary and AARP for the supplemental. I pay $165 per month for the supplemental. I also pay $40 for the RX insurance. I think I'm insurance poor.

I get ribbed about the phones I have and with good reason. I got them for a reason and the different companies are very competitive so they change their fees frequently to stay ahead of their competitors. I think now I will just stay with just the one, Boost, although there is another one out there for .07 per minute.
cheers Im not ever going to live in America again but I had some really good things happen to me since Ive been home, I opened a bank account and they gave me free checks and deposit slips all with my name on, I registered with a Doctor, had three office visits so far, no charge no waiting in and out, each time I came away with a big carrier bag of prescription drugs all free, I got a dematoligist appointment set up, and I dont have to pay $160 a month for medicare, my senior citizen haircut costs me £4.50, and I got a bloomen free bus pass
Take care,
Rodney.

Last edited by jasper123; Jan 12th 2011 at 5:41 pm. Reason: add words
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Yes, I think there's a man who fills blue plastic bottles from the public tap in Merthyr and ships it to the States - Ty Nant is Welsh for "Corporation Champagne".

This is a more sophisticated operation.
Your right http://www.tynant.com/default.aspx
Welsh water tastes great, it must be filtering down though the lovely countryside that makes it taste so good.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Medicare as my primary and AARP for the supplemental. I pay $165 per month for the supplemental. I also pay $40 for the RX insurance. I think I'm insurance poor.

I get ribbed about the phones I have and with good reason. I got them for a reason and the different companies are very competitive so they change their fees frequently to stay ahead of their competitors. I think now I will just stay with just the one, Boost, although there is another one out there for .07 per minute.
Thanks Cheers...

People always complain about taxes, I wonder how many really think what they drop on Insurance, more money leaves my pockets for insurance than taxes and I'm not high risk.

I understand about the phones, they all play the pricing game...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HighTide
Just heard back this afternoon and everything is a GO. There are a few issues which we expected but to be honest we have managed to get the property at a fair price. The present owners are happy to complete quickly so if all goes well we could be in in 2-3 weeks.

Good for you David, Thats Beautiful... Very Nice!

People on this thread are gonna go Nuts...

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 12th 2011 at 5:48 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
According to a close family member who is high up in management for a fast food chain in US, soda is 3¢ of syrup and water that they carbonate on site, one heck of a profit there. minimum a dollar a drink if you get small, most people buy the family size bucket drink.
Mummy thats absolulty true.

Speaking of Soda machines you can now buy Sodastream machines in America, they have lots of flavours but non of my British favorites like Dandelion and Burdock, Tizer etc,
I was thinking it might be worthwhile to bring back a few British concentrates to enjoy.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just heard back this afternoon and everything is a GO. There are a few issues which we expected but to be honest we have managed to get the property at a fair price. The present owners are happy to complete quickly so if all goes well we could be in in 2-3 weeks.,

David congratulations my friend, you and your partner are real go - getters are you not? wow it looks like when you put your mind to it you just go after it, ---- and soon hopefully everything will go great for you and you will be in like FLYNN,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
cheers Im not ever going to live in America again but I had some really good things happen to me since Ive been home, I opened a bank account and they gave me free checks and deposit slips all with my name on, I registered with a Doctor, had three office visits so far, no charge no waiting in and out, each time I came away with a big carrier bag of prescription drugs all free, I got a dematoligist appointment set up, and I dont have to pay $160 a month for medicare, my senior citizen haircut costs me £4.50, and I got a bloomen free bus pass
Take care,
Rodney.

Ok Rod, so your not a fan of British extension cords, what else is buggin you?, Not to be negative but maybe we can help with that too, and maybe not hahahaaaaaaa...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

High Tide...Thats a beautiful home I love the style. I have a few questions to ask but I have to go outside and shovel snow and let my neighbours dogs out. Will be back later. But I love it. The brick is really nice and I like the back. It looks like a good price. You would not be able to get that in Chester or on the outskirts. I am sure you will be very happy. What a wonderful start to the rest of your lives.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh David, what a gorgeous place, congratulations to you and your partner.

BTW is your partner British or Canadian? I don't recall you saying before.

p.s. When can we all move in?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

David,
The house is just like I am looking for.
I like the upgrades and the back garden privacy.
I don't see the house on the street view. Maybe I will walk down the street and see if I can spot it.
Will they sell it with any furniture?
Any garage?
Well congratulations on your new home.
Cheers mate!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Take care,
Rodney.
Rod you forgot to sign off the right way. You should have finished by saying "so there"

I'm looking forward to all those good things you mentioned!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:22 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that looks house beautiful! Just my kind of place - and what a great price. Plus the little cottage will be lovely for me when I come and visit

I really admire you David. You made up your mind, sold your house in no time, traveled over to find a property, found one in just a few weeks and within a few more you'll be all settled. Amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.