Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:55 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by windsong
Yes, Sally. You are right - a U.S. lottery in my state. If I win, I will buy you that house you liked - and one for me as well
I have that in writing now!

Just kidding ... but if you win and buy a big house, I will want to come and stay
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I have that in writing now!

Just kidding ... but if you win and buy a big house, I will want to come and stay
I am serious! If I win a huge lottery, I will buy TWO, one for you and one for me
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:36 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
A bit heavy there mate...............this is a person that said they bought a lottery ticket not a blinkin' criminal!!
Sorry, I thought it was better to be honest and provide sound information than be all flowery but ignorant.

I wouldn't want anyone on BE to think they had won a million (££) on the UK lottery only to find they were not eligible to receive a penny of it. And believe me, when you are talking about obtaining £1m by any kind of deception, the courts would likely not care what your story is.

As the saying goes, forewarned is forearmed ...

Last edited by dunroving; Dec 31st 2010 at 4:09 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:40 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Um, I think she means the lottery here.
US residents call the state lottery "the lottery"

UK residents call the UK national lottery "the lottery"

So I'm confused as to which one you mean.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:43 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by confusedenglishrose
While I do not disagree with your sentiments what a miserable and incredibly anal place the world has become, especially some small corners of the earth!

Which brings up a question I have been pondering - premuim bonds? Not likely but if I was to win the big one million on my bond number bought 40 years ago by my grandmother while I was definitely a UK resident, but now I am not then would I be able to claim?
See paragraph 2:

http://www.nsandi.com/help/livingabroad

- looks like you are allowed to hold them in terms of UK regulations, but residents of the US may be at some unspecified disadvantage if they win.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 3:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha! Yes, little old me considering by a measly $5 worth of lottery tickets each week so I can win enough, pay taxes on it, and scoot off home to the UK ASAP with my pets

Now, if I could win enough to buy a lovely home in the UK outright, my life would be pure bliss.. I wrote this because somewhere I read you need to clarify your dreams for them to come true
You spend more than me, I do the $2 quick pick each week, I have my new year ticket for Saturday ready to go,
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You spend more than me, I do the $2 quick pick each week, I have my new year ticket for Saturday ready to go,
Now to be a spoil sport. Put the $2 in a box each week and see how it builds up.
You could pick 5 numbers and not play them and then see how they do. You can also see if they have won in the passed.
If the five numbers come up forget who told you not to play.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

I've wondered about that, too, between - a place to put our info.

What about a spreadsheet on Google docs - if we update our own info, that is. I have never used Google docs but I have come across other sites that have. Or put a link on the main expats page. The link could be to a pdf that one person maintains. Update and re-save to the same file name so no one has to change the link.
Good idea, or we could all update our profiles showing our current locations and our future intentions, or a signature line, pretty much like DDL has?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

FnC you are so right. I forgot that.

I believe there is a new caravan that came out just a few years ago that looks like a teardrop but a much larger version and you can stand up in that. It's not called a teardrop, though.

I am a popup fan myself. Would love to find one of these in Britain somewhere (if I can afford to even camp, that is).
Windsong, Im really not sure if they have pop ups in he UK, real caravans seem safer and warmer to me, you can get teardrops in Uk now, someone started building them over there.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Good luck with your lottery tickets everyone, wherever you are. We have a big one tonight, CA$50 million...its got my name on it, I can feel it
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:37 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
US residents call the state lottery "the lottery"

UK residents call the UK national lottery "the lottery"

So I'm confused as to which one you mean.
I think you were the only one confused

She's in America. She wants to buy lottery tickets in America. If she wins, she wants to move back to England and buy a big house. Call off the authorities! Stand down the police force!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Id like to wish all my friends here on the Ex Pats forum a Happy and Heathly 2011, I really hope you have a terrific year, I hope its a turn around year for many of you.

I decided not to name names as I'm sure I would forget a few and I hate doing that.

I know lots of us worry about money and family but please remember if you've got your health you've already got a lot to be grateful for.

Take Care.
Thank you Fish, same to you and welcome back!
Thanks also for the TV series info. I tried to reply a few times yesterday but couldn't get anything to function? Hope this works today....
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:39 pm
Ping-ponger

She's in America. She wants to buy lottery tickets in America. If she wins, she wants to move back to England and buy a big house. Call off the authorities! Stand down the police force!
Very funny.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Good luck with that lottery, Mummy lol!

Actually, I spend zero now but I am going to start. Can't win if I don't play and it COULD be worth it!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol!

Now I am confused. What in heavens name happens in the UK if you win the UK lottery????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.