Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
Shelley thats exactly how I felt about Las Vegas, I spent over 30 years in the State of Nevada, and out of that 14 long years in the hot dry Vegas Desert the summers were the one thing I really hated, they were so long, like it seems they just last forever, and when you got 112 f. plus every day for endless months with no sign of rain, OMG ------ I love this U.K. climate, especially down south where I live, when it rains I love it, when its cold I love it, and the wind is good too, when I see the worst weather possible here I just think how much nicer all this cold and rain is compared to that unbearable heat of Vegas,
I'm 'wicha' on this!

Here we are October and its finally letting up, so good days ahead.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:20 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Shelley thats exactly how I felt about Las Vegas, I spent over 30 years in the State of Nevada, and out of that 14 long years in the hot dry Vegas Desert the summers were the one thing I really hated, they were so long, like it seems they just last forever, and when you got 112 f. plus every day for endless months with no sign of rain, OMG ------ I love this U.K. climate, especially down south where I live, when it rains I love it, when its cold I love it, and the wind is good too, when I see the worst weather possible here I just think how much nicer all this cold and rain is compared to that unbearable heat of Vegas,
I couldn't agree more.
We are finally cooling off it's only 80 today and we are still scantily dressed. I want to wear boots and coats.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I couldn't agree more.
We are finally cooling off it's only 80 today and we are still scantily dressed. I want to wear boots and coats.
Wonderful weather in Dallas this weekend. 53F yesterday and 55F today. My daughter and fiancé are here from NYC and cannot believe is is 20 degrees cooler here. However back in the 80's later in the week (
Old Oct 7th 2012, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Wonderful weather in Dallas this weekend. 53F yesterday and 55F today. My daughter and fiancé are here from NYC and cannot believe is is 20 degrees cooler here. However back in the 80's later in the week (
Even down here on the Gulf coast it is a bit cooler today and even better NO HUMIDITY!!!!

But it wont last for long
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Here we go again. What a load of codswallop.
OK it has been 3months since you broke your arm, so lets hear from you.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

ukgalch is an unknown quantity at this point

I came onto this forum hoping it would be full of tips for moving back...like eligibility for health care and such like! Should I be looking elsewhere?
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the wiki links at the top of the MBTTUK page, there's lots of info there that will probably answer your questions and welcome
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukgalch
I came onto this forum hoping it would be full of tips for moving back...like eligibility for health care and such like! Should I be looking elsewhere?
Hiya ukgalch,
We are normally very busy in this shop but for a few days now we are experiencing a slow period, I dont know why could be everyone is just too busy at moment,
Why dont you tell us a little about yourself? where in the world do you live? how long have you lived away from U.K.? are you a British Citizen? married? are you intending to go home retired or looking for a Job?
in regards to your question ----- health care on the NHS if your UK citizen and intend to come back home and live here permanently from now on then you are of course entitled to no cost NHS care immediately, all you have to do when you come home is register with a G.P. of your choice and show whatever I.D. they ask you for.
Welcome,
Rodney.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, you are in the right place, it is full of tips (and knowledgeable people). The implications of moving back are wide and often specific to personal circumstances. Feel free to search, read Wiki or post your specific questions for individuals to answer according to their knowledge.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 5:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly an idea to ask the questions in their own thread, they are likely to get a bit lost in this one.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 8:55 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I couldn't agree more.
Today was a blustery autumn day here, with sunshine combined with fast-moving clouds and temps of about 52 degrees. This afternoon I took a break from work and went for a long walk through the countryside, crunching through leaves in my wellies. Towards the end of the walk, I emerged back into suburbia and passed a conker tree. The conkers laying on the path were so smooth and shiny that I couldn't resist grabbing a few. But as I stood up I realized there were other people around and that they were all wondering why a middle-aged woman was scrabbling round on the ground for conkers.

Ah screw 'em. I had fun!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Today was a blustery autumn day here, with sunshine combined with fast-moving clouds and temps of about 52 degrees. This afternoon I took a break from work and went for a long walk through the countryside, crunching through leaves in my wellies. Towards the end of the walk, I emerged back into suburbia and passed a conker tree. The conkers laying on the path were so smooth and shiny that I couldn't resist grabbing a few. But as I stood up I realized there were other people around and that they were all wondering why a middle-aged woman was scrabbling round on the ground for conkers.

Ah screw 'em. I had fun!
Aww Conkers, I loved finding them when I was a kid.
Our weather has changed for the better, last night rain (Same rain that hit Vegas yesterday), and today cool, cloudy and occasional sprinkles. high of 73 I'm loving it, still in flip flops but with jeans finally. Now if we could stop it climbing up to neat 90 again next week all would be good.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

Ah screw 'em. I had fun!
There ya go!!! wish I could find a conker tree around here in these here parts
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

There ya go!!! wish I could find a conker tree around here in these here parts
If you do I will play you a game of Conkers.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Look at the thread on here "back home...whats not to like" Nothing real bad. "narrow parking places......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.