Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Hello everyone,
I have been out of hospital for a few days now, sorry I havent posted till now but I have been in a lot of pain, and also had a bad allergy reaction to something they injected me with just before they gave me the jab to put me out, but thats over now so thats good,

They have given me a pain killer called Tramadol 50mg capsules, my consultant said they are just a notch less strong then Morphine, so they do work well, but trouble is that they keep me in a state of drowsiness all day and night, so instead of taking them every 4 hours like I did, I now only take one capsule at night just before I go to bed, and I prefer to just tolerate the pain in the daytime, but anyway operation went well I think, and now I just have to rest a lot and wait for my body to recover,

I cant thank everyone enough that posted on here and sent me good wishes, I really do appreciate every single one of them so much, you know it really makes a lot of difference when you know your friends on here care about you,

I think its wonderful that all us more senior members who got to know each other through a few years on this thread, we know so much about each other, we have told each other some things that we havent even shared with our families, feelings, emotions, our fears, our sadness, our grief, and our happiness

We all wouldn't know each other if it were not for the wonderful internet that we enjoy these days, 30 years ago that couldn't be possible as nobody really had a personal computer
Take care all of you,
Love Rodney.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

So glad to hear all went well, Rodney--sorry about the pain, hope it's better soon and recovery goes smoothly till you're up and about again.

Tina
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Rod, Glad you are back and all is well, Take it Easy.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:05 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney, Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

glad to see you back posting and wishing you well with recovery -
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Wishing you a speedy recovery, glad all went well and I hope the pain is sorted soon Rodney.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rodney, glad to hear you much better. I am on Tramadol 50 mg for my Arthritis, one of the side effect that I have found is that they give you horrible nightmares. I did speak to my Dr. and he says that this is one of the side effects.

I got a nice surprise on Friday, I recieved a letter from Customs and Revenue saying I was going to get a refund for £900, which I did get on Saturday morning. Took it to the bank and they say money not available until next Friday as there is 5 day wait until it clears. I think this is terrible, it is a governement cheque, what do they think the government is going to go bankrupt lol.... Oh well, gives me a week to plan what to pay with it, unfortunately it won't last to long but it will take some of the pressure from me. I will treat myself and Mac to some small thing though. Took Mac for a walk by the river this morning and we saw all sorts of wild life, a blue Heron, Sea Otter, Seal, Black Comorents, and a family of ducks. Nature has so much to offer if we just take the time to stop and look.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Hi Rodney, glad to hear you much better. I am on Tramadol 50 mg for my Arthritis, one of the side effect that I have found is that they give you horrible nightmares. I did speak to my Dr. and he says that this is one of the side effects.

I got a nice surprise on Friday, I recieved a letter from Customs and Revenue saying I was going to get a refund for £900, which I did get on Saturday morning. Took it to the bank and they say money not available until next Friday as there is 5 day wait until it clears. I think this is terrible, it is a governement cheque, what do they think the government is going to go bankrupt lol.... Oh well, gives me a week to plan what to pay with it, unfortunately it won't last to long but it will take some of the pressure from me. I will treat myself and Mac to some small thing though. Took Mac for a walk by the river this morning and we saw all sorts of wild life, a blue Heron, Sea Otter, Seal, Black Comorents, and a family of ducks. Nature has so much to offer if we just take the time to stop and look.
So glad to hear of this nice refund, Easterndawn! Hope you do enjoy whatever little treat you choose.

Can't believe you saw all that wild life on one walk, near where you live--amazing! Especially the sea otter and the seal....thanks for telling us about it.

Tina
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Pegie, so thats where my nightmares come from? OMG they are somtimes so bad, and when I wake up I remember them in so much detail, scary!!!!
I wondered what was happening!!!!
Good news on your tax refund, as you say that will certainly come in handy
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Pegie, so thats where my nightmares come from? OMG they are somtimes so bad, and when I wake up I remember them in so much detail, scary!!!!
I wondered what was happening!!!!
Good news on your tax refund, as you say that will certainly come in handy
Take care,
Rodney.
Hi Rodney, it can also cause night sweats and yes, the nightmares can be quite scary, just last week had a very bad one, it was so bad that when I woke up, I got up and sat in the living room with Mac for some time. I was just wishing that the nightmares would stop but for me it is either the nightmares or the pain. The meds have given me back so much of the ability to do many of the things that I never thought I would be able to do again that it is a no brainer for me to stay on them. I do sometimes not take them for a couple of days and just take the other pain medication which is not as strong.

From what I have learned from the web is that it is made up of some of the same components that are in Morphine, therefore some of the same side effects.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by between two worlds
So glad to hear of this nice refund, Easterndawn! Hope you do enjoy whatever little treat you choose.

Can't believe you saw all that wild life on one walk, near where you live--amazing! Especially the sea otter and the seal....thanks for telling us about it.

Tina
Yes, I found out from one of my neighbours this morning that the sea otter has actually just been put back into the area as it was quite sick and was being taken care of by a sanctuary. I have also seen a porpoise one evening as I was walking Mac, a young man on the bridge also so it and as he came of the bridge we met. He asked if I had seen the porpoise in the river ( which ebbs and flows with the sea tide) I told him I had and he answered "thank goodness I thought I must have drank more than I thought at the pub". I do love living by water and with the seasons and the weather it changes.
For my treat, think a nice meal out, a visit to The Body Shop for some Cocunut Butter Cream and perhaps a good haircut. It is funny how a change in your financial circumstances make small things you can afford so much more appreciated.

Last edited by Easterndawn; Sep 9th 2012 at 11:51 am.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:15 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney, I'm glad the op went well.

Have you tried an ordinary painkiller like Paracetamol? Don't take more than the recommended dose, though, or it'll harm your liver. I prefer aspirin myself as less risky. The medical system wouldn't agree.

Bev
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Louise, That is a lot of money for a young girl like you
See every cloud has a silverlining.
Put some away for a rainy day.
Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney,
I hope you are having a great day and that the healing is continuing.
Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Louise, That is a lot of money for a young girl like you
See every cloud has a silverlining.
Put some away for a rainy day.
Cheers
Thanks, Cheers, would love to put some away but it is very unlikely, have to put my car in for a service, get caught up with my utilities, try to get ahead with the groceries instead of living from cheque to cheque but it does help immensely, will be able to put a couple of pounds though just not as much as I would like to be able to do.

I have been trying to come up with an idea that would keep Mac safe in the car, he has this thing of sitting on the console between the two front seats, I have tried a harness that attatches to the seat belt and all he did was cry the whole time and get stressed out, so I have come up with this solution. I purchased a wicker basket that sits between the two seats, it is nicely wedged there and I can still attach him to the seat belt, he loves it he can be close to me, look out the window, stay safe when I have to brake and can actually relax a little. He actually sits in the basket with his head on my shoulder while I drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.