Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:54 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Rodney, here is a website that will help you with the voting. Just fill in the online form and you'll get an absentee ballot and help with voting procedures.
https://www.votefromabroad.org/

LF1 and Pombat, how exciting to be sailing on the QM2! We would have done that if we didn't have the cats to worry about, so I'm envious. Best of luck to both of you - can't wait to say 'WELCOME HOME!'
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Trust me, you didn't miss anything with Cliff Richard. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Edited: Here it is (don't say I didn't warn you!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDDM...feature=relmfu
The dancers ruined it IMO.

Cliff actually wasn't that bad...
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:06 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
The dancers ruined it IMO.

Cliff actually wasn't that bad...
I agree.
He also could sing his songs better than Paul did.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:54 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes you guys ... I actually had my hand over my eyes while he was performing. At least I know why they still wheel him out - he has fans!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Whatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really niceWhatshername is just really nice

Cliff did a great job !!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:25 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney, here is a website that will help you with the voting. Just fill in the online form and you'll get an absentee ballot and help with voting procedures.

LF1 and Pombat, how exciting to be sailing on the QM2! We would have done that if we didn't have the cats to worry about, so I'm envious. Best of luck to both of you - can't wait to say 'WELCOME HOME!'
Thank you Sally. Now that we have booked the final leg of our return journey I can't concentrate on preparing for our Garage Sale.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:19 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Thanks Sally, can't wait to be home!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:59 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Thank you Sally. Now that we have booked the final leg of our return journey I can't concentrate on preparing for our Garage Sale.
Originally Posted by Pombat
Thanks Sally, can't wait to be home!
So are you two going to meet up for a cup of tea?
I can see you both with a sign. Pomats says If1 and IF1's says Pombat.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:05 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Tea or a cocktail, for sure! Maybe we can both have BE signs???
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:26 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Originally Posted by Pombat
Tea or a cocktail, for sure! Maybe we can both have BE signs???

Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link Sally,
Old Jun 8th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Trust me, you didn't miss anything with Cliff Richard. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Edited: Here it is (don't say I didn't warn you!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDDM...feature=relmfu
Thanks for that Sally, Not Cliffs best performance but still the lad is getting on, after your warning I was prepared for the worst but still enjoyed it...

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jun 8th 2012 at 6:23 am.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Wow - they cut the concert up badly . Are you saying that they didn't show Robbie opening the show with 'Let me Entertain You' with the Grenadier Guards? That makes no sense if that's the case as that got the crowd going. His 'Mack the Knife' was also brilliant. And Annie and Shirley were also very good - Grace Jones on the other hand was (IMHO) pretty bad and I couldn't understand why Kylie had such a long set. If they had cut her by half then Tom Jones could have had a couple more songs as he was without doubt the best of the old guys by a long stretch!! And I hear the Gary Barlow-Cheryl Cole duet was also cut - but to be honest you didn't miss much if that was the case

But the best for me was Alfie Boe singing a “O Sole Mio/It’s Now or Never” combo and then his duet with Renne Fleming of 'Somewhere' on one of the balconys of Buck House - simply divine!!!

Charles's speech was very heartfelt and touching and went down really well with the crowd and the Queen looked very touched by it. He has certainly loosened up in recent years and is showing a gentler and more caring side to the world.

And the fireworks were just out of this world as was the music being played - stirring patriotic music that was an awesome climax to the evening.

The entire weekend made me very, very proud to be British
No Robbie, No Grenadier Guards, and No Grace (not that I'm bothered) and by watching Sallys link I saw many other things we missed like the Queen placing the Diamond, of course this is America so we had our fair share of Wendy's and Drugs ads...

I saw Tom singing "Mama told me not to come", and Shirley on You Tube, both were Brilliant...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Hi Fish

Can you not download Expat Shield just for a wee while to catch up on the Jubilee celebrations? I have just checked and programmes stay online for 7 days, however I just found this on the site:

Watch later

We also offer BBC iPlayer Desktop, which is designed to let Mac and Windows machines download TV programmes so you can save them to watch later. Once it is installed on your computer, simply click on the Download button by the programme and BBC iPlayer will start downloading it. Once the programme has saved onto your computer, you have 30 days to watch it, and you can save as many programmes as you like, depending on your download limits and computer capacity.

BBC iPlayer Desktop is easy to install on your computer and should start automatically when you first try to download a programme, and guide you through the process. Should you need more help, you can find out more here about installing this on:

Windows
Apple Macintosh

To download programmes you need to be in the UK – if you're incorrectly told that you're not, please see this advice.

So whether this bit will work with Expat Shield I don't know.

The concert went for 3 hours and 20 minutes and is on BBC iplayer along with lots of other goodies.

Some of it defo needs fast forwarding though, I taped it and that's what I did.

I am a huge Stevie Wonder fan but am still trying to figure out what he, Grace Jones and Will.i.am have to do with GB?

I can understand Kylie and Rolf Harris as Oz is part of the Commonwealth.....mmmm.........
Thanks for the Info Barb, Ive never done the Expat thing, I kinda thought it was illegal and I'm not one to break the rules.

I recently found out that my Cousins son works at a post production house in London, for the last year or so he has been transferring content for the BBC I player...

Wow, Rolf was on too...

Stevie Wonder, he's big in America but I still think he is much bigger in the UK...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Fish the full actuall show here lasted 3 and half hours, it was a long one.
Thanks Rod... we saw about 90 minutes of that show...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.