Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by windsong
Exactly, Jackie!

(Sorry for calling you Ldy at times. My brain has not yet associated Ldy with Jackie lol!)
No problem Wind, I have never minded being called a lady..lol..
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Where is the report on the wee little fellow in Ayr.

Left us for him did ya.....lol

and then where is Rosie?? We want a full report about getting to the station the ride on the train and your pickup and whether the bed was soft enough?

Cheers.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Where is the report on the wee little fellow in Ayr.

Left us for him did ya.....lol

and then where is Rosie?? We want a full report about getting to the station the ride on the train and your pickup and whether the bed was soft enough?

Cheers.
Ohh, that's right, Cheers. I have been waiting patiently to hear from Rosie!!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:46 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW Bee, I don't think you are cruel or nasty.

I hate when anyone is unhappy, but I also know that many, many people here have problems - some worse than a broken marriage, some less serious than that. Just because people are cheering themselves up with lighthearted conversation doesn't make them any less unhappy deep down. And being called 'trite' is always going to raise hackles.

I just wish for everyone to find the peace they seek and deserve.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

I hate when anyone is unhappy, but I also know that many, many people here have problems - some worse than a broken marriage, some less serious than that. Just because people are cheering themselves up with lighthearted conversation doesn't make them any less unhappy deep down. And being called 'trite' is always going to raise hackles.

I am sure that all of us who are going to be alone this Christmas, (and I am sure there are many of us) wish everyone on here a wonderful, safe, and happy day. Because no matter how alone and scared we are on Christmas day, we will probably be able to come here, and talk about what ever it is we feel like discussing...and it will make the day less lonely..
Jackie
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I am sure that all of us who are going to be alone this Christmas, (and I am sure there are many of us) wish everyone on here a wonderful, safe, and happy day. Because no matter how alone and scared we are on Christmas day, we will probably be able to come here, and talk about what ever it is we feel like discussing...and it will make the day less lonely..
Jackie
I am very happy with my Wife - I have to be - she is the only person I can converse with, in English, so Thank you - will see you every day over Christmas and the New Year. if anyone wants to chat.

Thanks Jackie. love to all dontheturner.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons

FYI - I didn't suggest Barb was "cruel or nasty". I said the post was nasty.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Jackie

Yes, I will be here on Christmas Day. I will be spending it alone as well. Actually, I will be with my pets and I couldn't ask for better companionship on Christmas. I love them dearly.

So . . . to anyone else who will be alone on Christmas, you are not alone
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Hi - I have sent you a personal message.
Hi, thank you for your sensitivity......I replied twice privately but was informed your addynwas not correct.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Hi, thank you for your sensitivity......I replied twice privately but was informed your addynwas not correct.
I've no idea why I didn't get the messages - will have to check into that later on. It's too late now for me - need to go to bed!!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Let's remember that this season is all about PEACE.

Trottytrue, our thread starter, has tried to soothe the ruffled feathers caused by a couple of previous posts....she really cares about this thread and that we are a supportive and kind group.

I'm sure that Celticspirit, who is suffering right now, didn't mean any people were trite, but just that the food conversations seemed trite to her, in her profoundly difficult situation at the moment....

I'm sure Barb didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings either, but was just trying to say that we all have different pains to cope with, and sometimes a daydream about Greggs (or whatever) can ease the sorrow...

Let's just all give each other the benefit of the doubt whenever possible...it's easy to misconstrue a written posting because you can't hear tone of voice or see a smile....

Tis the season of goodwill!

Tina.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Barb - I read your post 3 times - don't you think it was a little harsh? Have you never heard of the word "empathy"? Celtic Spirit is going through some tough times right now. Getting divorced when you live overseas is no picnic - I went through it myself 7 years ago - the pain and isolation was horrible. As for the "holidays" here in the US - they consist of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Many of us get homesick and down at this time of year and if you are having personal problems, that can only add to the loneliness.
Yes - I am sure that many of us have complications and problems in our lives, but that doesn't mean that we can't show a little support and empathy to a fellow human being. Your post disturbed me - it wasn't very nice at all. In fact, it was downright nasty.
I feel that those who stood up for insensitivity after my post have sadly gotten more flack than I did. Thank you guys who understood or had empathy....we all have diverse life experiences. What was trite to me was maybe a feeling good experience for others So sorry that those of you who got in the middle were criticized as was I.
My life is no longer up for public critique. If this forum makes me feel worse and sadder it did when I joined, I am saying good luck and more than that for those whose lives depend on returning home. I am so sorry that my post in he middle of real personal distress hurt others who supported me.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
I feel that those who stood up for insensitivity after my post have sadly gotten more flack than I did. Thank you guys who understood or had empathy....we all have diverse life experiences. What was trite to me was maybe a feeling good experience for others So sorry that those of you who got in the middle were criticized as was I.
My life is no longer up for public critique. If this forum makes me feel worse and sadder it did when I joined, I am saying good luck and more than that for those whose lives depend on returning home. I am so sorry that my post in he middle of real personal distress hurt others who supported me.
I believe everyone on here has shown simpathy, and sensitivity to your situation in the past Celtic, many of us having been there ourselves. I wish you the best and hope everything works out well for you. Remember, ..this to shall pass..
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Celticspirit...What are your son and daughter doing for Christmas could you spend sometime with them. When I feel lonely I give my dog a hug. Dogs are the best they are true and faithful when I lost my dear dog zoey my best friend last year it nearly broke my heart. I still cannot wipe her drool of the window. She was my shadow and always at my side for 14years.

Life is sometimes hard on us and we just dont know why. Christmas is a time of new beginnings I hope that you find a new beginning in fact I hope we all do and those who post who have already gone home and give us an insight as to what we are fighting for and give us strength to go on I cannot thank them enough. Bless you all. Now I crying.....My sister in law sends me a card every year with the same message.' See you next Christmas'. Just was not the day to read it.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy what a mess.

Lets hope we can all kiss and make up, or at least forgive.

I wish everyone the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.