Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Beedubya
OK latest update from me...............

I told my immediate boss on Tuesday that I am going back to the UK............he totally understood as he emigrated here to Australia as a kid from the UK and has never felt like he belonged...............long story.........

Fast forward to this morning..........HIS boss - my bigger boss (believe me we have lots ) called me into his office.......and asked me would I like a job similar to what I am doing now but in a different division of our company in our LONDON office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be the main contact for the Australian operation.

SO SO totally unexpected and I have to say I am shocked and overwhelmed and this goes against any "plans" I had for my future in the UK.

Of course it will all hinge on the $$$$$$ to be paid and me, lil ol' me living in old Londinium town !!!

OMG they told me to take a few days to think about my answer and I have thought of little else as overwhelmed as I am..............

I would appreciate each and any input from our subscribers (and even the lurkers )
Go for it!! Jobs are hard to come by nowadays and it is one less thing to worry about! Congratulations!
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Windsong - Why did you not ask me? Phone numbers, are easy if he uses BT. ( british telecom) www.ukphonebook.co.uk try that, you never know. dontheturner.
OOh, yes!!! Thank you, Don. I will give that a shot. I'll let you know if I find him. He lives in Coventry so here goes

Drat! Because I am outside the UK, it wants me to buy credits

Last edited by windsong; Dec 11th 2010 at 12:54 am.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Thanks, Idy. I have to get back on my feet a bit here first but I can at least start to plan to go home now. I am not sure when I am going yet but definitely by the time I am 62 in four years. If I can do it sooner, I will. Miracles do happen

If, by chance, I find a job over there sooner and I have a little money saved and my pets are prepped, I would do it then - even before the age of 62.
Windsong..........I had my dogs rabies vaccines given on Monday....They are already microchipped. You can choose a 3 or 1 year vaccine expiry date for rabies. The serum is slightly different. So now in a couple of weeks after successful blood titer results, my girls will be ready to leave with a three year window. Normally I do not give shots after the original 4 in 1 ( twice before 6 months) for common canine diseases. It is just a money spinner for vets and long term affects dogs' health adversely. Check Dr Jean Dodds and other similar web sites.
I have a huge mountain to climb before taking my dogs "home" but at least they will be ready when the time comes.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

OOh, yes!!! Thank you, Don. I will give that a shot. I'll let you know if I find him. He lives in Coventry so here goes
Windsong, I had a guy I was seeking, and found him by typing his name, in the browser, and his town in brackets, and it came up with two - He was one of them. dontheturner
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Bee, the over whelming vote is say YES!!!!!!!
Between two worlds, lovely post and best of luck with France, hope you pop back when you can.
Rodney, so happy for you, I was going to try and find the link the page you left but er not had much luck, 4-5 pages went on already today.
daffy thanks for the time explanation.
Rosie great post........
have a great weekend everyone.
I am anxiously waiting to hear what Bee has decided to do )
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Windsong, I had a guy I was seeking, and found him by typing his name, in the browser, and his town in brackets, and it came up with two - He was one of them. dontheturner
I just tried it, Don - after I read your message above. It does come up with his name but as "gas turbine pioneer". No address or phone.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Windsong..........I had my dogs rabies vaccines given on Monday....They are already microchipped. You can choose a 3 or 1 year vaccine expiry date for rabies. The serum is slightly different. So now in a couple of weeks after successful blood titer results, my girls will be ready to leave with a three year window. Normally I do not give shots after the original 4 in 1 ( twice before 6 months) for common canine diseases. It is just a money spinner for vets and long term affects dogs' health adversely. Check Dr Jean Dodds and other similar web sites.
I have a huge mountain to climb before taking my dogs "home" but at least they will be ready when the time comes.
That's wonderful, Celtic. Mine are microchipped, too, but not the kind you need to get them to the UK. I understand it's a different microchip. Did you do this through a DEFRA approved vet or use your own vet? So if you were to leave, say, 2.5 years from now, they wouldn't have to be vaccinated again or seen by a vet so long as their blood work comes out okay. That's really wonderful. By the way, what does it cost to have them microchipped - roughly?
Old Dec 11th 2010, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Today is Human Rights Day. I find it ironic I was offered the job today and can now begin to plan to go back home, especially since one of the main reasons I am leaving the U.S. is "lack of" human rights This seems to me that the universe is saying to me that I am doing the right thing.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara and Windsong very happy to hear you both have found jobs.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I just tried it, Don - after I read your message above. It does come up with his name but as "gas turbine pioneer". No address or phone.
OK Windsong - next thing, Try a web site for The Coventry Telegraph, and ask either via a free ad, if possible, or a general letter to them, or the Editor, asking for help tracing ''Mr Jim Smith Ex gas turbinbe Pioneer,aged ... of your City'' I need to connect with him, lost touch, so many years ago - see what transpires. dontheturner
Old Dec 11th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

OK Windsong - next thing, Try a web site for The Coventry Telegraph, and ask either via a free ad, if possible, or a general letter to them, or the Editor, asking for help tracing ''Mr Jim Smith Ex gas turbinbe Pioneer,aged ... of your City'' I need to connect with him, lost touch, so many years ago - see what transpires. dontheturner
Don, I am going to get in touch with my friend here in the U.S. who knows him as well. You see, he is quite a famous, public figure and for that reason I don't want to put an ad in the paper. If, by chance, my friend doesn't have his contact info, then I may resort to that. Thanks so much for that idea. I am going to keep it in mind - just in case.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Don, I am going to get in touch with my friend here in the U.S. who knows him as well. You see, he is quite a famous, public figure and for that reason I don't want to put an ad in the paper. If, by chance, my friend doesn't have his contact info, then I may resort to that. Thanks so much for that idea. I am going to keep it in mind - just in case.
He would have worked with Whittle, the man we exalt as the ''Spitfire man'' - I am ex Royal Air force, and worked for the Ministry of Defence for over 30 years, as did my second Wife. ( not this one!) dontheturner
Old Dec 11th 2010, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

That's wonderful, Celtic. Mine are microchipped, too, but not the kind you need to get them to the UK. I understand it's a different microchip. Did you do this through a DEFRA approved vet or use your own vet? So if you were to leave, say, 2.5 years from now, they wouldn't have to be vaccinated again or seen by a vet so long as their blood work comes out okay. That's really wonderful. By the way, what does it cost to have them microchipped - roughly?
Windsong....if you would like to contact me privately so as not to bore the forum members who do not have our pets' concerns........email [email protected]
Old Dec 11th 2010, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Windsong....if you would like to contact me privately so as not to bore the forum members who do not have our pets' concerns........email [email protected]
Just a thought.....we should get side by side semi detached cottages!
Just think of the fun with all our "babies".
Old Dec 11th 2010, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Celtic - thank you. I will do that. My pets are my babies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.