Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:19 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I am so relieved, and excited....I cant wait to get away from here now, and what ever the cat scan reveils on the 10th, I know I will be taken care of over there if it becomes necessary.

Jackie..
Oh Jackie what wonderful news!! I am sooo excited and happy for you!! Don't forget your winter woolies...........

We will be doing our stalking/tracking for you very soon, because I do believe you are the next homing pigeon.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
That is so sad Fish about your wife's dad.

When you say Mrs Fish has 8 brothers and sisters, are they all in the UK or flung all over the world?
Hello Barb, they all live within 5-15 minutes of each other, and we are 5000+ miles away, My two sisters live here, one is 60 miles away the other is 950 miles away.

Yes It was so sad about her Dad, Very Unexpected, we always got along Great, I had alot of respect for him, a Great Father.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Dec 9th 2010 at 9:14 am.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Fish that is sad about what happened with Dad
I hope you are hanging in here okay.....I know one day it will be your turn, I just know it!

Sending good vibes for the job Windsong.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Fish totally confused about the time......my post says 11.25 yours 2 hours earlier, so either you were here at like 4 a.m of something......or my times is wrong. It is 6.25a.m here.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, everyone, for your "positive thoughts" and prayers about my interview
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanto
Great news, Jackie!!! Congrats to you.....
Are you all packed?
Tanto
Jackie, that is FANTASTIC news, you will feel really good when you are finally home, I feel great and I know --- just know that this is where I want to spend the rest of my life, me and mum are getting along great,
January 25th for you Huh, all booked and paid for ----
Rodney.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I think we all do, and we arent kidding ourselves, It used to be so much fun, and here its over in 24 hours, I see trees chucked out on peoples front steps the next morning, whats that all about???
When is the earliest you've had people ask if you had a nice Christmas?
I'm frequently shocked because when they ask I'm thinking Christmas only just started?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Hello Barb, they all live within 5-15 minutes of each other, and we are 5000+ miles away, My two sisters live here, one is 60 miles away the other is 950 miles away.
You have probably told us but may I ask again if you have, where are you both from in the UK or where do your wifes siblings live in the UK?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Jackie, that is FANTASTIC news, you will feel really good when you are finally home, I feel great and I know --- just know that this is where I want to spend the rest of my life, me and mum are getting along great,
January 25th for you Huh, all booked and paid for ----
Rodney.
Hey Rod are you in the libruary? Have you rode the bus yet?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:44 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hello Trotty,
Thanks for posting all those names, I wish I could save it or print it but I am at the library these days until I buy a lap top which should be very soon,
UK ----- FANTASTIC, GREAT TO BE HOME, me and Mum getting on great,
first three days were snowed under, since then very cold but sky has always been clear and blue with sunshine every day,
Scotland and up north are really suffering with the very very cold temps like minus 18 in some places, and in Scotland lots of snow too, poor Ed/pegie
My Son made a surprise quick visit yesterday afternoon for a whole 10 minutes, he was stone cold towards me, he's 36 years old and he knows the whole story of how and why I left him and his Mother to go over to America when he was a baby --- but yesterday he comes out with this --- he suddenly says why did you abandon me all those years ago? I was kind of speechless really, I mean we have gone through this so many times over the years, so I just said well maybe when you have more time we can sit down and I can explain it again to you, we talked a few more minutes and he got in his car and he was off, Oh well as long as my Daughter still loves me and my Mum --- Ill be alright,
I have Just heard that my Sister who lives in Plymouth who has COPD --- lung decease, now also has a tumor, she has cancer, and apparently has got very thin lost a lot of weight and is not expected to live too much longer, Me and Mum are going up there this Saturday just for a day and night and then again at Christmas for a week, she is only 3 years older then me --- 68,

I was walking up the high street today and I passed by a Barber shop and the prices are quite high really but then I scrolled my eyes down the price list and there was a special price for old age pensioners --- and thats me £4.95 for a haircut, any style I want, thats not bad is it,
Tonight me and Mum are having our first Fish & Chip dinner, we have the very best one in Portsmouth just up the top of our road, I am really going to enjoy that !!!
OK so far I have opened a bank account at Lloyds, that was easy no problem at all, I have joined the library, also no problem,
Today I registered with my Mums Doctors office, I showed my British Passport and they needed to see something with my name on and Mums address where I am living, I showed them my Bank letter from Lloyds --- name & address at top of page, thats it !!!
I have a Doctors appointment for tomorrow, first I see the nurse and she is going to give me a flu shot, and then in the afternoon I see the Doctor, I got in right away cause I have bad Excima --- skin problem on my feet, Im hoping he will refer me to a dermatologist
take care,
Rodney.
Hi Rodney!! I am sooo behind on the posts! Cant keep up with them! Really happy you are back home. Sorry about your sister. You being back with your mum probably means more to her at this difficult time than you know. It good to hear you are settling as culture shock usually kicks in. It goes though and leaves you totally blissfull and hapy to be home. (in my and many other's cases anyway) Just hope I can check in here often enough to not miss our first big meet up. I want to be part of that!
Well, welcome home Rodney.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic news Jackie, 25th January!! Lots of good vibes to you to support you in all the preparations.
Windsong, for the job.
Pat
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

For the few on here who report regularly and have returned to the UK I would like to ask if you have lost any weight? This could happen because of walking more or by eating meat and drinking milk that hasn't been treated with growth hormones or from a change in diet altogether. Some people have said living in a cold climate can burn off fat also.????
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Back again after being here 7 days now. I have just been trying to catch up on some of the recent posts.

Jackie: So glad you are going to be coming home soon. You too can be tracked on your way home. It was a nice feeling to know so many had been watching my flight's progress.

Rodney: It's great that you have had a good first week with no negatives. We certainly did arrive in the middle of a freeze here didn't we?

DDL. Denise. Thank you so much for posting all the information on prescriptions and eye tests etc. Also congratulations on obtaining an ILR. I think we will have to wait a while as it is very expensive. I had not realized it was that much.

Rosie: Loved all your latest photos. Street looks lovely and I'm so pleased you have found a place. I was there when I was young but cannot remember much.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
You have probably told us but may I ask again if you have, where are you both from in the UK or where do your wifes siblings live in the UK?
Mrs Fish is from Mansfield Notts, I was born a few miles away in a village that borders Notts, Derbyshire and South Yorks.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:56 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
For the few on here who report regularly and have returned to the UK I would like to ask if you have lost any weight? This could happen because of walking more or by eating meat and drinking milk that hasn't been treated with growth hormones or from a change in diet altogether. Some people have said living in a cold climate can burn off fat also.????
Not me. I haven't ever had a lot of body fat, but my level of physical activity has decreased considerably since I came back, and I find the cold weather makes me more likely to eat comfort food. Consequently, although my body weight hasn't really changed, my body composition has (less muscle mass, more fat mass).
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Aw Fish that is sad about what happened with Dad
I hope you are hanging in here okay.....I know one day it will be your turn, I just know it!
Thanks Charley, it was sad, and Yes we will return at some point, maybe later than sooner Huhhhhhh, I live in Hope and have patience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.