Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:37 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I can't wait to see those pictures. Although the Polar bear club do go in (and quickly out) on new years in Llandudno. The Irish sea is bitter cold in summer even from my recollection,
Oh yes, it's the Irish sea not the North sea duh!! I just know it is COLD even in summer I could only go up to my ankles LOL!!

Irish Sea:
West or southwest 5 to 7, decreasing 3 or 4, becoming variable later. moderate. Rain or showers. Moderate or good.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
When I need help please give me advice.....
OH heard me on the phone complaining about life. He came downstairs threatening divorce....and said my friend to whom I telephoning is a gossip. He is right about that....but I needed to talk to someone. He scared me.
I had just reminded him on Wednesday evening that his (late son's birthday) was the following day......yesterday. So when I called him to his law office to check he had gone to the cemetery......he had forgotten again.
Now today he is so mad and I have no one to help me. I just want to take my dogs and disappear. It is sad to have no family support....and I am a bit of a coward.
Get together your passport, money, bank account information, all important papers - get them out of your house NOW and to a safe place, maybe in a friend's home. Do not tell him you are doing this, as this will inflame the situation. Then quietly start removing your personal effects without which you would feel bereft, again get those to friends and leave them there. Then remove yourself. Get to a divorce lawyer as soon as you yourself are safely away. Start now. I have been there, done that, lived in three safe houses to get away. It was a terrible time, I made it through, started again - and am alive to tell the tale and give others advice. Don't wait for things to change, because they don't get better, at least not for long, then they fall back into the same pattern. PM me if you need details. Rosie
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I do feel better just lately, could it be because I have decided to go HOME?
Thats it Barb, you have a date to go home, and your mind is made up, and there is not a single doubt in your mind that this is what you want to do ---- right? ----- that is why you are feeling better these days like you said,
Im so happy for you that you have thought this out and decided to give it one last final go, your happiness is what counts now, --- you already have your Son out in UK so Hmmmm absolutely fantastic I would say,
You go girl, its your time now,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Peigi, and even if he doesn't stay over there, I belong there I know that now for sure, no use pretending, well to be honest I always knew it - I was just suppressing my feelings.

He is off to Wales with my sister for an overnight stay, he reckons he is going surfing.......in the North Sea............in November!!!

Can't wait for the pics of him frozen like a lolly ice ha ha!!
ahh yes Barb cant wait also for those pics that you post of your Son frozen like a Ice Lolly, coming out of that freezing sea,
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am so happy for you. Sunday will be my 13th wedding anniversary in my second marriage. I am hoping to start a dialog after this date to let OH know that this is not all bluster. My brother advises me to wait until the house is either on the market or sold. He thinks that OH's sister - a divorce lawyer will get mean and try to make things difficult. It will be so nice to have family watching my back when I get home. Sad that my children live so far away, they support me long distance. This is very sad time for because my husband is a good man, but financially ruining both of us.
celtic, now I keep getting confused about the abrieviations on Husband, OH now does that mean onarable husband or old husband? please educate me,
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Sounds like you need a consultation with the meanest divorce lawyer in the county, especially if his sister is going to be a total b word about it all. So sorry he scared you, he has no right to do that in your own home. Stay safe ((hugs))
Start to make an exit plan.
Celtic, that made me so sad when you said your husband scared you, your life with him seams so unhappy, I agree with Mummy you need to start and make an (EXIT PLAN) very soon, and a damn good divorce lawyer, and dont get swindled out of a penny,
Old Nov 13th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I am !!! I just cannot live here any longer and that's that!!

My best gf came over today and we spent about 5 hours together and we had a BIG talk, you see her partner wants to go back to NZ as he feels like me, they are both Kiwi's but she likes it here and he doesn't. So she totally understands where I am coming from.

I am now thinking of going back sooner rather than later but I am as scared as hell!!! I know it's silly but I am!!

She has ping ponged back and forth from NZ to Oz many times since she first arrrived here about 10 years ago, and we talked extensively of possessions and cars and jobs and selling up and starting over AGAIN and all that stuff and about how hard it can be at times but it all comes good in the end.

When she first arrived here she had no family here except a few distant cousins, no job to go to, nowhere to live really except a bed for a few nights in said cousins place, 3 suitcases of clothes and about $3000.00 in the bank and you know she survived!!

It has really done me good today to talk to her face to face.

And I felt obligated to stay so my daughter could go to the wedding in March, but her bf has put his apartment on the market last Saturday and they are looking at houses, well if they sell the apt. and buy a house there is no way she will be going to England to weddings, cheap air fares or not, they will need all their $$$$ for the house........and if she wanted to go to England so badly surely they would have waited until after March???

Of course this is all speculation on my part as I haven't told her yet........so.......we shall see.........

We were looking at my photos from last year and my gf said I looked different...hhmmmmm.
(We were looking at my photos from last year and my GF said I look different)
Barb ---- thats the sparkle in our eyes when we know what we want !!!!
Your going back home my friend
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

We were writing on here about comedy recently so I thought some of you would like to read this about Ronnie Corbett in today Daily Express.
His views on comedians today.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-modern-comics
Old Nov 13th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasper123
celtic, now I keep getting confused about the abrieviations on Husband, OH now does that mean onarable husband or old husband? please educate me,
Hi Rod, I dont think anyone responded to you, I believe it is Other Half? Correct me anyone, if I am wrong.

Not long now for you now Rodney, you must be so excited and unable to sit still!
I am SO envious, but I am patient, and my turn will come.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:34 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by islandwoman120

Get together your passport, money, bank account information, all important papers - get them out of your house NOW and to a safe place, maybe in a friend's home. Do not tell him you are doing this, as this will inflame the situation. Then quietly start removing your personal effects without which you would feel bereft, again get those to friends and leave them there. Then remove yourself. Get to a divorce lawyer as soon as you yourself are safely away. Start now.

Don't wait for things to change, because they don't get better, at least not for long, then they fall back into the same pattern. PM me if you need details. Rosie
Agree 100%

You may even need to make a restraining order against him if he becomes abusive. My friend did this when her ex-husband spat (is this a word?) on her. You need to check your State's law regarding this.

And clear your history/cookies on your computer! Maybe he is checking what you have been typing?

Remember that all public libraries in the US allow access to the internet - you may feel safer doing research and posting messages/e-mails away from your home PC.

Good luck and sending you some big ((((hugs))))

Links (even if you don't want to think about a divorce, he may be - or you may choose to have a legal seperation - so find out what your rights are!):

http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_...&state_code=TX

http://www.divorcesupport.com/divorc...orce-2520.html (You will find lists of lawyers via this site, forums etc.)

Property Division in Texas (scroll down): http://www.divorcesource.com/TX/info/resources.shtml (I've never heard of a "Certified Divorce Financial Analyst" before)

At least there are no children from this marriage ie. if you do choose to split up there won't be any custody issues.

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 13th 2010 at 6:59 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:55 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Agree 100%

You may even need to make a restraining order against him if he becomes abusive. My friend did this when her ex-husband spat (is this a word?) on her. You need to check your State's law regarding this.

And clear your history/cookies on your computer! Maybe he is checking what you have been typing?

Remember that all public libraries in the US allow access to the internet - you may feel safer doing research and posting messages/e-mails away from your home PC.

Good luck and sending you some big ((((hugs))))

Links (even if you don't want to think about a divorce, he may be - or you may choose to have a legal seperation - so find out what your rights are!):

http://www.divorcesupport.com/divorc...orce-2520.html (You will find lists of lawyers via this site, forums etc.)

Property Division in Texas (scroll down): http://www.divorcesource.com/TX/info/resources.shtml (I've never heard of a "Certified Divorce Financial Analyst" before)

At least there are no children from this marriage ie. if you do choose to split up there won't be any custody issues.
Great info, also change your passwords and log out each time you come online to sites like this and also for your email. (((hugs)))
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Celticspirit, can you please write a few lines and let us know that you are okay, I have been thinking about you all day. Will keep watching for you on this thread.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, my the selection of Christmas food in the stores these days, I don't remember ever seeing such a selection back in Canada. Of course I realize that most of the food we have back there are imported from the US and here is comes from all over Europe and the US.

Was at Tesco today for a few groceries and was so impressed by all the frozen food, chocolates, biscuits, meat and fish selections that are now being displayed at such great price points for the holiday season.

Denise was wondering if you and Tony were in the crowd watching The Lord Mayor of Londons Parade today, saw it on TV and loved watching the different costumes, floats etc.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Celticspirit, can you please write a few lines and let us know that you are okay, I have been thinking about you all day. Will keep watching for you on this thread.
I am fine. My husband left early this morning without speaking. I pray he will have cooled off when he gets back. I know it sounds sad, but I went back to bed and hugged my little doggies. I couldn't live without them.
Thank you all for caring so much.
Old Nov 13th 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I am fine. My husband left early this morning without speaking. I pray he will have cooled off when he gets back. I know it sounds sad, but I went back to bed and hugged my little doggies. I couldn't live without them.
Thank you all for caring so much.
Thanks for posting and letting us know you are OK, You can see you have plenty of support here.

Talk to your kids, let them whats going on, dont feel like you cant do that, I'm sure they are the closest people to you, they need to know.

Just Take Care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.