Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Eileen,
Yes I never thought of that, well I do have scales that I way myself on in the bathroom so maybe instead of as you say step on the scales as you carry the case, but I suppose you could also just carefully place the suitcase on the small scales and it would probably balance alright wouldn't it,
By the way isn't your flight leaving Canada to take you to UK coming up shortly, arent you leaving just a few days after Anna as I remember, and have you got everything sorted out and are you already to leave?
Rodney.
Rodney,.my luggage would not show the proper reading by itself on the scale due to the edges hanging over.

The best way for me was to get on, take my own weight
and then step on holding the bag..

The bags seemed heavy but only 34 and 37lbs respectively

My date for leaving is April 5th ,. another two weeks yet however I have got this far and made it into the city to finalize my move.

Showed the vehicle this afternoon and an interested party left a deposit.
Now he wants a safety done on it so must book it in tomorrow at the service station

Hoping there is not too much to repair costwise otherwise just push it into the Red

Don't care now..too many rules....put a fork in me ..I'm done!

Someone will invent something soon for emigrants I am sure

How can they let us leave with no cost?

Then you will have to buy the leaving package and it will be regulated by Service Canada
Of course, there would be a short course costing at least $200 and an exit interview
just teasing!

In my day the flight overseas also was a joy ..a trip into the Captains flight deck and a lovely meal with wine

Now its a disturbing experience with armour,dogs, machine guns at the ready, a full body scan and regulations out the ying yang..
not to mention kids and dogs on the floor and under the seats and no food

"Just stand there Madam and let the dogs roam all over you"..."Oh, alright"
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Britannia2 will become famous soon enoughBritannia2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Britannia,
I left my Mum & Dad 36 years ago to come to North America, Dad passed away over 20 years ago, now Mum lives alone, she's 91 in June I'm 65 same month this year, I am going back to England in November hopefully for good, breaking all ties to US except I do have US citizenship though, so I have duel US/UK citizenship,
Tell us a bit more of your circumstances, your situation seems to be simular to many on this site where they are torn apart in there decision to return to UK with Kids & Grandkids in the country where they live but still have this strong yearning to return to there country of birth, some have family in UK and some dont, anyway welcome to this thread,
Kind regards,
Rodney,
Just to add to my story a little bit....
My mum and dad divorced years ago so I had very little to do with my father who sadly passed on in 2007. I do have a lot of aunts, uncles and cousins in the U.K though and I still feel very much a part of my original family and we keep in touch via facebook etc.
When I first came out here, I did openly express doubts about being able to handle it for the long term but just about everyone I spoke to urged me to come to Oz and try to make a new life with my wondeerful boyfriend. He had a permanent job at the time but I didn't and so that's why I ended up coming out here. Everyone told me that as I had found my 'Mr Right', everything else would fall into place. I got things like---- 'Wait until you get married then you'll settle"...Once you have a child you'll meet other mums and settle"..."When you start work again you'll settle down"...and so on...
Twenty years down the track and I have a wonderful husband and three gorgeous girls all in their teens but still I have to say that I feel like a square peg in a round hole and I really detest the climate.!!
For me, England is the most beautiful place on earth to live and even the smell of the air when you first get out of Heathrow airport makes me feel more alive than I have ever felt here.
My girls are growing up fast and although in the past my husband and I have discussed moving back to the U.K. ( even for a few years) it's just never got past the "discussion stage" and now it's too late to uproot my girls as they are all enrolled in university or high school courses and are at a crucial stage in their education. That's why I stated earlier that I couldn't just up and leave.
As for mum, she has been turned down by every insurance agent she has tried to get travel cover with and as her heart attacks are all related to blood clots, I doubt she's ever going to be able to come over here permanently or even for another visit.
Last time she was ill, I tried to liase with the medical staff and family members as to her condition but there was an' unspoken resentment' among some people in both groups that I had somehow "abandoned" my mum for selfish reasons to go off in search of the good life. Nothing was directly said but there was a distinct coolness which was unmissable when I was trying to open lines of communication.Anyone else ever had that treatment.....?
Anyway, I have a dream ( as Martin Luther King said ) of getting on a plane someday, preferably with all of my family, and flying back home to the U.K. and never having to set foot in Perth again. If I can't have that, then I'd settle for just owning a little flat in the U.K. so that I could go over there whenever I felt the urge to back home again----even if just for a few months each year.

P.S. To the person who P.M.d me--I can't acces my messages until I have made at least three posts, so please hang in there and I will eventually reply....
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to all the new people on here. Relocateme, I know how you feel by the time I left Canada I was so sick of the red tape and rude government workers. Hope your last few weeks will be much better and that your trip back to the UK wil go smoothly. You are right about flying, I remember when it was an enjoyable experience, now it's so regulated and you feel like you have done something wrong even though you know you haven't when you get to the security gates. Then there is the seat size and leg room on the planes, soon they will put us in suspended animation and just stack us in the cargo hold, mind you that would not be so bad, you go to sleep and wake up back in your homeland.

Yesterday, was out for a bit of a ride with my friend, the spring flowers are so beautiful here, I forgot about the daffodills growing in amazing amounts at the side of the roads. When we were out came across a large piece of land that was completely covered in purple crocus, looked like a Monet painting, it was the most beautiful site I have seen for some time at this time of year.

Relocateme and Aes1 are definetly returning at a beautiful time of year, what a welcome as you return to the country of your birth.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:37 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Good Morning everybody from Somerset

Well it's my last day in my flat. The removals guys came yesterday and took the stuff I am taking back to Australia. Very professional they were too, so that was good (Doree Bonner).

Today I have the people coming to pick up the rest of my stuff, well fingers crossed they turn up or I will be in a right old mess!! I did ask for a deposit from them they only had £30.00 on them but it should be OK, just a bit nervy because I haven't heard from them since.....they are both 18 and have just got their first council flat together, she is due to give birth any day and her mum came with them. They have nothing so I know I shouldn't worry, I will be glad when this is all over!!

Then I should be ready to head up North later this afternoon.

I am sooo sorry but I am so far behind I haven't time to do the personals and should really be carrying on packing instead of chatting on here drinking cups of tea!

So TrottyTrue, Peigi, Eileen, Rodney, Anna, Mrs Sully, Taffy, Denise and everybody else I do hope your plans are going well, so sorry if I have forgotten anybody but our group of oldies coming home is growing by leaps and bounds!! I will try and do better in future with my replies!! I will be staying at my sisters and she has a terrible computer connection, but will see how I go with updates.

Anna, you are the next homing pigeon out of the cage, do let us know how things are going, hope your passport turns up in time. You must be so excited/nervous now! I took your lesson about your lamp and camera being stolen. I locked all my valuable stuff, laptop, camera, iPod in my office when I had people come to look at the furniture. Will you be covered by insurance? Did you send off that letter about your boss?

TT, sorry your hubby's not doing that great. And thanks once again for starting this great page!!

Peigi, marvellous about your job isn't it? We all knew you could do it! Have you had your first pay yet? When you do treat yourself to a nice bottle of wine and celebrate just how far you have come.

Mrs Sully, ah yes the grand-kids, well they are the big pull for me as you know. Spoke to them yesterday and they are so excited about me coming back. Haven't heard how Quoll got on she must still be flying, I am still booked on BA and am not worrying at this stage....

Not sure if I have mentioned this before about the SKY talk. If you get SKY TV you can get SKY talk which is the phone calls for £5.00 per month to all UK landlines and 20 overseas countries inc. Australia, USA and Canada. Amazing value considering I was spending £10.00 every week or so to keep in touch.

DDL who lives near Anna, you were asking about keeping in touch with the grandchildren on another thread, well do look into SKY talk, it's great to be able to pick up the phone anytime and call whoever you want like a local phone call. You can talk up to an hour, then if you want to you can just pick up the phone and call again!!

Irish Denise (LOL!!), I see you on the other threads talking about containers, so it's good to see you have the ball rolling now. How's the plans going?

Rodney, I think Anna has made a very good point about starting to sell your stuff now. It is very stressful when you leave it to the last minute like I did. You have 8 months to start getting rid of stuff, so do consider starting now. And I would renew my passport here in the UK too.

Eileen, how far off are you from coming home? Hope you're getting your pension stuff sorted and all that malarkey done. That place you lived in Canada seems really grim.........where is it you are headed back to, sorry I've forgotten.

Britannia2. You just get on with it, hoping one day for a glimmer of hope that your chance to come home will come to you. Unfortunately if you have family in both countries you are always going to be "torn between two lovers." I believe it's called the curse of the ex-pat.

I was soooo stressed out yesterday I got a cold sore and a headache!! It was my last day at work and the residents had bought me cards and some gifts and they made a little presentation and gave me a cheque for £54.00 which was totally unexpected because I have only been here a few months. It was a bit of an emotional day all round.....

I will try and have a few days out up North, probably just go back to Liverpool again (my hometown) and North Wales for a few days (land of my fathers).

I have to say goodbye to my UK family very soon so that's not going to be good because they know "I" don't want to live in Australia, but the pull of my Aussie family is too strong. My mum is 81 but is very healthy and hearty so it's not like I am leaving some frail little old lady and she considers herself to be young anyway, if you saw a pic of her you would know why!!

I honestly am not excited about returning to Australia except of course to see the kids and grand-kids. I'll have to go through the whole job seeking rigmarole again........sigh.....

I will be living with my daughter just until I get settled, then we have talked about getting a house with a granny flat for me so will see what happens there, I will of course keep you updated on my travels ping ponging back and forth across the globe!!

So that's it for now folks, sorry about the novel!!
Barbara, I'm thinking of you. Keep your spirits up and enjoy your travels on 'home' ground before you fly out. Just remember, you can return for a visit and if you didn't do this trip back to Australia you would be just as torn but for other reasons. It is so hard for you I know but just hold on to the thought that you can return and visit and more than than it will always be home in your heart. We all know how you are feeling at this time. I just read Britannia 2 and thought how alike we all are. Even if you manage to get to a computer in the Terminal drop us a line and we will all be there for you
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to all the new people on here. Relocateme, I know how you feel by the time I left Canada I was so sick of the red tape and rude government workers. Hope your last few weeks will be much better and that your trip back to the UK wil go smoothly. You are right about flying, I remember when it was an enjoyable experience, now it's so regulated and you feel like you have done something wrong even though you know you haven't when you get to the security gates. Then there is the seat size and leg room on the planes, soon they will put us in suspended animation and just stack us in the cargo hold, mind you that would not be so bad, you go to sleep and wake up back in your homeland.

Yesterday, was out for a bit of a ride with my friend, the spring flowers are so beautiful here, I forgot about the daffodills growing in amazing amounts at the side of the roads. When we were out came across a large piece of land that was completely covered in purple crocus, looked like a Monet painting, it was the most beautiful site I have seen for some time at this time of year.

Relocateme and Aes1 are definetly returning at a beautiful time of year, what a welcome as you return to the country of your birth.
Yes, I have my camera in my carry on, all ready to start snapping photos as soon as I land! Well, maybe not till the next day - it will be dark when I arrive!!!

Now have bags packed, house looks like a junkyard, but what do I care?? My car will be driven away to friends today so they can continue to try and sell it for me. My son should arrive from Greenville in his car after lunch. I am still waiting for some items to be picked up (shelves, washer and dryer, bed), some paid for, some not - we shall see. I am not a last minute person, so all of this is making me very uneasy, can't relax. Maybe in the future everyone will be given an injection to fall asleep once they are in their seats on the aircraft. The effects will last the length of the flight!!! We will all be treated like animals given tranquilizers before transport!! I am glad I have an overnight flight as I don't get to eat on board usually. I am a vegetarian and there is always some screw up with my 'special meal', end up not getting anything at all or something not edible!! I have a 4 hour layover in Atlanta and again in Amsterdam, so I shall be filling up then!!!

Back to last minute jobs..........
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:06 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Anna, not much longer now!! I can relate to the feelings...by the time I left I couldnt wait to see the back of it as its all so frustrating to sort out all the bis at the end. Hope your flight will go smoothly. Just a note for future trips... When I visit the states i always use Thomson as they fly direct to near where I need to be and they have never messed up my meals. I am veggie as well!
Eileen, not much longer for you either. Its so nice to see it all coming closer to time as each of you are on your journey home.
Welcome to the newbies, and might I also add that nowhere can you find more help or support or information to help this all become an evenual reality.
E.D., I am happy to hear the job is going well, and yes you are right, they are heading home at such a beautiful time of year.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Britannia 2.

Your story sounds familiar, with people giving you all the advice on how you will settle, its easy for them to say, but being a round peg in a square hole, or a fish out of water as I am is not easy, its something we deal with everyday, many of these do gooders have good intentions but have no idea what they are talking about, they would never try to do what you have done, and yes some are jealous always dreaming / wishing they could live in the sun.

I hate to say this but there is no perfect time to move back, I think if you don't do it now you never will, or maybe it will be another 20-30 years from now, you have to look ahead at what is coming, your kids may be in school now, but soon babies will appear and that makes a world of difference, it happened to my sister who like you would desperately like to move back to the UK, one grandchild is all it took, now it will never happen for her, she is very close with her family, she could never leave them, it would tear her apart, still she wants the UK.

I think even now maybe too late for you depending on your childrens ages, for them Oz is the only life they know, to uproot them now would cause them to have problems, (round peg square hole) just like yourself.

You should read Barbara's (Bedbuya's) posts she is in a similar position to you, she has the babies and is returning to Oz very soon, the family separation is too difficult for many of us.

Healthcare workers, I have no real answer for that as I've not been in that situation but I can understand what you are saying and believe its true, If people could only walk in your shoes, I'm sure your mother knows the truth.

If there is any way to buy that flat in the UK that is what I would do, I think its the only route to your dreams, and prices should be cheaper now than in the future, I'm sure London will be expensive but you could always buy in a cheaper place, that might be the answer to your problems.

Good Luck to you.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Britannia 2.

Your story sounds familiar, with people giving you all the advice on how you will settle, its easy for them to say, but being a round peg in a square hole, or a fish out of water as I am is not easy, its something we deal with everyday, many of these do gooders have good intentions but have no idea what they are talking about, they would never try to do what you have done, and yes some are jealous always dreaming / wishing they could live in the sun.

I hate to say this but there is no perfect time to move back, I think if you don't do it now you never will, or maybe it will be another 20-30 years from now, you have to look ahead at what is coming, your kids may be in school now, but soon babies will appear and that makes a world of difference, it happened to my sister who like you would desperately like to move back to the UK, one grandchild is all it took, now it will never happen for her, she is very close with her family, she could never leave them, it would tear her apart, still she wants the UK.

I think even now maybe too late for you depending on your childrens ages, for them Oz is the only life they know, to uproot them now would cause them to have problems, (round peg square hole) just like yourself.

You should read Barbara's (Bedbuya's) posts she is in a similar position to you, she has the babies and is returning to Oz very soon, the family separation is too difficult for many of us.

Healthcare workers, I have no real answer for that as I've not been in that situation but I can understand what you are saying and believe its true, If people could only walk in your shoes, I'm sure your mother knows the truth.

If there is any way to buy that flat in the UK that is what I would do, I think its the only route to your dreams, and prices should be cheaper now than in the future, I'm sure London will be expensive but you could always buy in a cheaper place, that might be the answer to your problems.

Good Luck to you.
That's good advice Fish n Chips, if she doesn't do it now, she never will. Whenever we move, sacrifices have to be made and new problems come up, nothing is perfect. In the end it boils down to what we feel we can live with and without. What does the heart and sould really want?

My passport call to Helpline UK cost me $24!!!! This has now cost me $311 and still no new passport in sight!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh thats a cheap passport, I have a feeling you havent finished coughing up $$$$...
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gosh thats a cheap passport, I have a feeling you havent finished coughing up $$$$...
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Just had a call from a nice man (English!!!) from British Embassy in Washington DC. My passport is being overnight mailed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Should get it tomorrow" and I have a tracking #!!!!

Don't get out the champagne just yet.........:finge rscrossed:
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats Great News aes1... Fingers crossed is Right.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:03 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aes1

Just had a call from a nice man (English!!!) from British Embassy in Washington DC. My passport is being overnight mailed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Should get it tomorrow" and I have a tracking #!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aes1

Finally Anna!...it's coming!!!!

Oh what an enormous relief...even I am relieved now ..I can't tell you...only a couple more sleeps and your outa Dodge!

Thanks Calle for you wishes and Ed.......I am really pumped now to see the daffodils, the lambs and breathe the free, fresh air when I get off that aircraft. ..can never forget that smell..as soon as I do my mind goes back to medieval times for some reason...days of knights and battles...must have lived in a castle in a former existence.

Anyway, having a few excited feelings now Anna is so close to the "off".

Sooooo wishing it was me.

Anna,. when shall we last hear from you...Tuesday evening or what?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Rod.

Its amazing what good info can be found when you ask isn't it, I reckon your DVD problems are over.

Well I never considered myself a hoarded before, although I do see your point, I just hate to throw away stuff that we use and need on a daily basis when we will need to buy brand new to replace it in the UK, clothes, dinner plates, cutlery, music, dvds etc of course some personal things are irreplaceable.

I consider myself a bit thrifty but not tight, I usually shop hard for good things that will last, sometimes I wish I could carry all I need in a bag and not worry about the crap we accumulate over the years, people buy you stuff then its hard to part with it, ornaments etc, we still use the dinner service that was bought for us at out wedding 30 years ago, there's nothing wrong with it so why chuck it out, and yes we have newer plates too, we get too attached to things I suppose.

I will still have to throw/donate lots of things before I leave no matter what, we cant take everything.

I recognized all the tunes and artists you mentioned, Music is my passion too, it always makes me feel good.
Hi Fish n Chips,
Thanx for post, yes I feel good now about being able to buy a reginal free DVD player in England, I will probably buy it from Amazon, I saved the site that that nice person sent me, Yes I love my music CD'S and I have lots of DVD,S live concerts of my favorite singers, so many of them, I bought a lot from E - Bay, and a lot of others from stores, it would cost the earth to replace them and even if I tried it would take ages and I wouldn't be able to find half of them anyway, I will ship them all back to UK before I leave Vegas,
As for hording we all do that but thats natural --- part of life and we all need these things to make our life more comfortable and to make ourselves happy,
so many little things we buy over the years, presents that people buy us that we certainly do not want to get rid of, I am going to sort through all my stuff shortly, I have so much stuff in my Garage in Boxes, I,m going to sort it all out and re - pack all the things that I want to keep and I am going to store lots of boxes at my friends house, he said he has lots of room in his Garage,
I,m giving him my two recliners, and also I have decided to give him my 52 inch HDTV flat screen, its 5 years old and looks and works wonderfully, he,s been a great friend to me over many years and I will certainly miss him when I go back but of course we will keep in touch and then there will be times that I will take a nice vacation over here and we can get together then, he said he will always put me up at his place he has 3 bedroom house and he lives alone, so lots of space,
Well you take care Fish n Chips, got to get ready for work now and I will have to read the rest of these wonderful posts from all our friends here tomorrow, Oh boy it dont take long to get behind on this post does it
Rodney.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relocateme
Rodney,.my luggage would not show the proper reading by itself on the scale due to the edges hanging over.

The best way for me was to get on, take my own weight
and then step on holding the bag..

The bags seemed heavy but only 34 and 37lbs respectively

My date for leaving is April 5th ,. another two weeks yet however I have got this far and made it into the city to finalize my move.

Showed the vehicle this afternoon and an interested party left a deposit.
Now he wants a safety done on it so must book it in tomorrow at the service station

Hoping there is not too much to repair costwise otherwise just push it into the Red

Don't care now..too many rules....put a fork in me ..I'm done!

Someone will invent something soon for emigrants I am sure

How can they let us leave with no cost?

Then you will have to buy the leaving package and it will be regulated by Service Canada
Of course, there would be a short course costing at least $200 and an exit interview
just teasing!

In my day the flight overseas also was a joy ..a trip into the Captains flight deck and a lovely meal with wine

Now its a disturbing experience with armour,dogs, machine guns at the ready, a full body scan and regulations out the ying yang..
not to mention kids and dogs on the floor and under the seats and no food

"Just stand there Madam and let the dogs roam all over you"..."Oh, alright"
Eileen you are very funny made me laugh, the exit interview Huh, and what you say about our flights of years ago, yes they were just a pleasure great service, good food & wine, lots of
no limit booze and remember the time when you could just light up a fag anytime you wanted
Take care and not long before you are on the other side of the pond too,
Rodney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.