Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by aes1
Well put, Rodney, thanks, you are a kind hearted soul! I think I am feeling this way because it is my birthday tomorrow, and funnily enough, I have always been sad around that time ever since I have been over here and my children grown and so far away. There are certain occasions in the year when I think we feel the need for family more, and tomorrow, plus doing this whole move all on my own are difficult times for me. So, I shall try and relax for the day, forget my present concerns, and eat lots of cake
And if you drink, a couple of shots of bacardi gold would be real nice after your cake, bacardi gold is my favorite,
Anyway Happy Birthday aes1 for tomorrow,
Rodney.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luckyone
Take another read of what was said.....she says it is the rich! I could care less but it's a shame this wonderful thread has got hijacked and this is very little use to "OVER 50's & 60'sMOVING BACK TO THE UK".

Get over it and move on...... Do have yourself a nice day eh?
this person does this all the time, he never reads things properly, then jumps in feet first, and makes an utter fool of himself, Think I have got what he is about now, sitting back waiting to pounce, never a positive answer always negetative, think he's a sad individual altogether!!!! Have been following this thread with interest, the support you have given each other is amazing that this op just can't accept people being nice to each other, ignore him, he's not worth it, and continue to help and support each other. I will tell you aout myself another time, but all your thread good luck
djam
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Joyous Birthday Greetings Aes1....!

Hope you have a marvellous day ...your special day....enjoy!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

dgjamison... I dont think really understands what this thread is all about. This thread has not been hijacked we are doing precisely what we set out to do, examine all the issues of moving back home. Easterndawn has shown us how much staminer and hard work it has taken her to get to where she is right now, she and others have given us an idea of the cost of food and what we could expect to pay for a rented flat. Many have shown their frustration at not being able to sell their homes which is needed if we are to make that final step. Jasper and myself have had to make the decision as to whether or not we really wanted to become US Citizens before moving home and the pro's and con's of doing it, others have given information on moving companies and banks and lots more. I think we have accomplished alot and I hope in the future when more of us do make the move home we can help others who are going to be going through what we will have gone through and we will be able to give them hope and encouragement.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
You know just thinking of EAS saying to Rodney "44 years away from home",
who has been away the longest in total?

Rodney - 44 years away

Me - well I left in 1981 came back in 1985 left again in 1986 got back last year 2009 so that makes me a spring chicken with 23 or 28 years away whichever way you look at it.

All the little chickens come home eventually
45 years for me and I had never been back once until last year. House goes back on sale March 1st with a new real estate, so here's hoping!! Feeling much better this morning but still not hungary. great for the diet though, but what a way to lose weight.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
this person does this all the time, he never reads things properly, then jumps in feet first, and makes an utter fool of himself, Think I have got what he is about now, sitting back waiting to pounce, never a positive answer always negetative, think he's a sad individual altogether!!!! Have been following this thread with interest, the support you have given each other is amazing that this op just can't accept people being nice to each other, ignore him, he's not worth it, and continue to help and support each other. I will tell you aout myself another time, but all your thread good luck
djam
Yes, I have come up against this person several times on this and other threads, he seems like the kind of person wo if you said the sky is blue he would disagree, and although I congratulate him on being able to settle and love his new home in Nova Scotia, he does not understand that this does not happen to everyone.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Happy Birthday Aes, Hope it's a wonderful day for you.

Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:12 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Barb, thanks for those kind words, how long have you been living in U.K. now, how long has it been since you left to go home?
And yes we really all do need to organise some kind of meet up over there, when I get back in November I would love to help with the organising in any way that I can,
Rodney.
I arrived here on April 4th 2009, so it's more than 10 months now, and my God that time has gone so fast!! I am going back to Australia in April to sort out and sell my stuff then will return here for good. I am a bit nervous about going back because then I will have to FINALLY face up to the enormity of what I have done. I am dreading leaving my kids and grand-kids again when I come back here.

Barb
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:16 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aes1
Well put, Rodney, thanks, you are a kind hearted soul! I think I am feeling this way because it is my birthday tomorrow, and funnily enough, I have always been sad around that time ever since I have been over here and my children grown and so far away. There are certain occasions in the year when I think we feel the need for family more, and tomorrow, plus doing this whole move all on my own are difficult times for me. So, I shall try and relax for the day, forget my present concerns, and eat lots of cake
Anna, here's to a VERY happy birthday to you, hoping you get all you want especially this year.

Barb x

Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Anna, here's to a VERY happy birthday to you, hoping you get all you want especially this year.

Barb x

THANKS to all the birthday wishes!!!! This thread SO ROCKS!!!!: never seen this one before - have to use it!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
45 years for me and I had never been back once until last year. House goes back on sale March 1st with a new real estate, so here's hoping!! Feeling much better this morning but still not hungary. great for the diet though, but what a way to lose weight.
Hi Ed, well 45 years i think beats us all in time away from the U.K. I must echo what others have said that you are so brave, and that you have stayed strong through all the bad and good times that you have gone through since you have been back home, and I can only imagine how hard it is knowing that your Husband and your two beautiful dogs are still over there in Canada thousands of miles away, you must miss them so much,
I hope you start to feel much better soon, I know it is hard to eat when your stomach is so upset with food poisoning, but try to force yourself to eat something even if it is just a bowl of soup, did you try alka seltzer in a glass of water, or what used to help me if I had stomach problems when I used to live over there was Beecham powders, it came in an envelope and it was dry white powder that you just put into a glass of water and stirred with a spoon,
I hope your house sells fast when you put it back on the market again, and tons of good luck is going your way and so many good vibes from everyone for your Job interview on Wednesday, so lets hope you start to feel much better soon,
Rodney.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I arrived here on April 4th 2009, so it's more than 10 months now, and my God that time has gone so fast!! I am going back to Australia in April to sort out and sell my stuff then will return here for good. I am a bit nervous about going back because then I will have to FINALLY face up to the enormity of what I have done. I am dreading leaving my kids and grand-kids again when I come back here.

Barb
So 10 months you have been back home, and in two months you are going back to Australia to sell your stuff, I can only imagine how you are going to feel when you finally leave Australia again and go back to U.K. for good, because you will be leaving your kids and grand kids behind, Wow Barb like Ed you are also so brave, keep strong,
Thank goodness we live in an age of computers now where we can keep in touch with our families regular,
I remember when I used to have to just write letters from Australia to my Mum & Dad, and they wrote back, but it would take a week or more to get there,
And phone calls were about a pound a minute way back then, so the snail mail as we call it now was the only way that we could communicate,
Rodney.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Taffy Duck is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Hello everyone just signed up will have to get the hang of this forum thing. First I would like to say what a wonderful thread this is, I have spent the last two weeks reading all the posts just amazing and to quote one member it's just like reading a novel. I think this thread is a winner with no end in site (101 pages and counting)..I have just started the long process of preparation and if all goes well by the end of 2011 my wife and I will be settled in beautiful Wales enjoying all that salt air and oxygen. I shall be posting a lot of questions in the future and also adding info that will help other people who are thinking or preparing to go back home......cheers..TD
Old Feb 20th 2010, 3:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Taffy Duck.

~*~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY aes1*~*~
Old Feb 20th 2010, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Yes, I have come up against this person several times on this and other threads, he seems like the kind of person wo if you said the sky is blue he would disagree, and although I congratulate him on being able to settle and love his new home in Nova Scotia, he does not understand that this does not happen to everyone.
Yes so have I, I think this person is playing games, they like to jump in every now again, say really personal and nasty things, disappears sits back and waits to see the reaction of the everyone. The best thing to do is ignore them totally. This is one of the nicest forums I have read, its strong and the people on it lovely, and only want to help and encourage each other, great and it will be the one that survives. I wish it had been around before I returned to Canada, as I honestly think it would have made me think twice and possibly have save us a fortune, as we are now looking to return out belongings just 5 months after sending them over here. ED I have been follownig your I am really praying you get the break you deserve re: job situation, and you and your husband will be together sooner rather than later, good luck and keep strong you are an inspiration to the rest of us, good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.