Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
My mum lives there and just sent me an email about it. She said 'they're saying it's a small one but if that's small, I don't want to feel a big one!'

Apparently it's a seismically active area but no damage is ever done.

Nothing will put me off - bring it on!
An earthquake - in the UK??? Oh my gosh!!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
lol..3.6..ahhh thats barely a jiggle....go for it..
Agreed. Here in LA that a burp!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
lol! Yes, LA is known for its earthquakes
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers
Dear Sir,

With regards to my planned relocation to the Lake District I have decided to wait until the outcome of todays 3.6 earthquake that has hit the Cumbria area.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerly

Cheers
Cheers - that will not cause property damage - all properties have good footings - by law! They are semi - regular blips. dontheturner
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I don't think we're at that point yet. We're looking at what we want, then the best way to get it.
Aviva, There are several people on here, already offering temporary accomodation - myself included. My question, was valid for those involved. who have already offered. -(perhaps not yourself.)

In two months, we shall be home , - and maybe then too busy - and we can then offer, ready for someone. So, folks like ourselves, will need to know. dontheturner
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 4:22 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That wouldn't make the evening news
It has to be pretty huge for me to feel them, I never notice earthquakes I think I must just be a bit dizzy all the time, last one I really felt was in 89
Only cause the dog went nuts, the picture window was shaking and the water was sloshing out of the pool.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

All sounds very exciting Perhaps before you decide on a name you could have a think tank on it. Plenty of names just need the right one. Not pushing but did you say you had started a forum for this chat. It would be nice if it had some sort of connection to this one in the heading.

Charleygirl....yes I did slip not on the driveway but behind one of the bushes, it was a soft landing. I havn't laughed so much in a long time and yes it was that silly British sense of humour that my dear hubby doesnt get I think the fact that Charleygirl needed to spend a penny just made it worse and though she didnt mention it she wasnt exactly driving it was more of a stop and start motion with a jerk inbetween
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I think it should be called something less institutional like...like " the Welcome house" or something ??!!
I like that or even the "Welcome Home" which were part of the lyrics in the T-Mobile ad they made at Heathrow.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Welcome Home House?
I just noticed you had already posted this......
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HighTide
I like that or even the "Welcome Home" which were part of the lyrics in the T-Mobile ad they made at Heathrow.
Snag with that, is the people who have so far ''offered,'' accomodation, are scattered around the UK, and for those coming in, it will not be ''Their home'' will it? just very temporary. However we look at it, the most it will be, is a ''halfway house'' - just my 2cents worth. dontheturner.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Snag with that, is the people who have so far ''offered,'' accomodation, are scattered around the UK, and for those coming in, it will not be ''Their home'' will it? just very temporary. However we look at it, the most it will be, is a ''halfway house'' - just my 2cents worth.
dontheturner.
Hi Don,
This has been discussed already - the need for somewhere central (close to Heathrow maybe) for the new arrivals to stay and then the use of ex-expat 'spare rooms' when returnees need to explore different parts of the UK. Sorry about the run-on sentence! This wouldn't be somewhere permanent, just a safe haven until people have got their feet on the ground and hopefully advice and support on what to do next. A few have arrived back with no help/support or lodging whatsoever.......
A new thread has been started, dealing with this subject, in case anyone wants to contribute.
Tanto
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by HighTide
That has a nice ring to it (no pun intended!) the 'Welcome Home'........hmmm
How is the B&B hunting going?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tanto
Hi Don,
This has been discussed already - the need for somewhere central (close to Heathrow maybe) for the new arrivals to stay and then the use of ex-expat 'spare rooms' when returnees need to explore different parts of the UK. Sorry about the run-on sentence! This wouldn't be somewhere permanent, just a safe haven until people have got their feet on the ground and hopefully advice and support on what to do next. A few have arrived back with no help/support or lodging whatsoever.......
A new thread has been started, dealing with this subject, in case anyone wants to contribute.
Tanto
Yes! I was there! - you are saying what we all know. Just ideas, kicking around. Unless you are starting a B & B in the most expensive part of England? A header was posted, while you slept - now we have two.

Last edited by dontheturner; Dec 22nd 2010 at 8:35 am. Reason: E
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 8:34 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...44#post9054744

Let's kick some ***
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Yes! I was there! - you are saying what we all know. Just ideas, kicking around. Unless you are starting a B & B in the most expensive part of England? A header was posted, while you slept - now we have two.
Hi Don,
You started one last night called 'Halfway House' and I started one tonight with 50'/60's in the title because Trotty had suggested it. I was awake last night and I'm still awake now.....we have a major storm coming through.
Yes, we are just kicking ideas around at the moment......
Tanto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.