Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Tanto, Wind, Jackie - I would love to be involved, but being in Canada not sure if it would work, but I am good at co-ordinating, organizing and generally bossing people around?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wawa
Tanto, Wind, Jackie - I would love to be involved, but being in Canada not sure if it would work, but I am good at co-ordinating, organizing and generally bossing people around?
WAWA, The way I see it, I do not think, say a larger property in the Cotswolds, would solve the location, for someone seeking to say, live in the South, or live in the North. Better if folks like myself, could be 'locations on a map', and you could arrange for them to stay, in someone's house near where they wish to live.

(you would not have to be in the UK, just be ''the Arranger'' & say, have photographs, so you know where you are arranging for folks to head for, in the interim.)

For instance, if someone, wants to be in Shropshire , Tim & I would be available, to tell them the best areas - and the best approach - some agents are better than others, and we could be just a guiding light. your comments? Regards dontheturner
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Welcome Home sounds good to me...........
Welcome Home House?
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by windsong
Hypothetical question: Why would people moving back to the UK be interested in a safe house rather than doing things on their own?

By the way, I am not sure I like the name "safe house". It sounds like a home for domestic abuse victims - sorry. I'd prefer another, more cheerful name, I think.
A place to have a UK address. A destination to send things to if no family, to take a train or taxi to from the airport or ship dock. A place to start looking around from.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
WAWA, The way I see it, I do not think, say a larger property in the Cotswolds, would solve the location, for someone seeking to say, live in the South, or live in the North. Better if folks like myself, could be 'locations on a map', and you could arrange for them to stay, in someone's house near where they wish to live.

(you would not have to be in the UK, just be ''the Arranger'' & say, have photographs, so you know where you are arranging for folks to head for, in the interim.)

For instance, if someone, wants to be in Shropshire , Tim & I would be available, to tell them the best areas - and the best approach - some agents are better than others, and we could be just a guiding light. your comments? Regards dontheturner
Thats a great idea Don
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aviva
Welcome Home House?
AVIVA< Will it affect peoples Council Tax? Having people to stay, could be expensive. dontheturner
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dontheturner
AVIVA< Will it affect peoples Council Tax? Having people to stay, could be expensive. dontheturner
I don't think we're at that point yet. We're looking at what we want, then the best way to get it.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir,

With regards to my planned relocation to the Lake District I have decided to wait until the outcome of todays 3.6 earthquake that has hit the Cumbria area.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerly

Cheers
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Dear Sir,

With regards to my planned relocation to the Lake District I have decided to wait until the outcome of todays 3.6 earthquake that has hit the Cumbria area.

Sincerly

Cheers
lol..3.6..ahhh thats barely a jiggle....go for it..
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

I used to like Jamie Oliver until someone told me he killed a live sheep on his program. I refuse to watch it ever again.
Someone is confused - must be getting the Brits mixed up! Gordon Ramsey had a food show where he raised animals and killed them for Christmas, I think. I watched it until I realised what was happening..........never watched it again. It wasn't Jamie Oliver (unless he did that too).
Tanto
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tanto
Yeh Jackie!!
The more the merrier!!!
I think we must have a separate thread. Should I start one or should Denise2 do it? Must do some homework and find out how to begin a thread, if I need to......
Tanto
I sent this last night - then Don started the Halfway House thread.......
I was calling the idea the "Safe House" project. It doesn't mean it's the actual name of the house. I have had no response from Denise2 - I can start a thread (after I've eaten). I actually think it's all a little complicated for a public forum - just my opinion.
Tanto
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I sent this last night - then Don started the Halfway House thread.......
I was calling the idea the "Safe House" project. It doesn't mean it's the actual name of the house. I have had no response from Denise2 - I can start a thread (after I've eaten). I actually think it's all a little complicated for a public forum - just my opinion.
Tanto
How would you prefer to handle it. I have no idea about these things, so whatever you think is best works for me...but thats just my opinion..
Jackie
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Jackie. I wasn't sure what it's function was but that sounds good.
Windsong, if you check post 10384 (DJJamison/Tanto) and the others on that page, it will all be explained. This is an old issue - I thought you understood that.
Tanto
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:42 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Dear Sir,

Sincerly

Cheers

My mum lives there and just sent me an email about it. She said 'they're saying it's a small one but if that's small, I don't want to feel a big one!'

Apparently it's a seismically active area but no damage is ever done.

Nothing will put me off - bring it on!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong, if you check post 10384 (DJJamison/Tanto) and the others on that page, it will all be explained. This is an old issue - I thought you understood that.
Tanto
Yes, I remember it. But like any new venture, it is essential to be specific about its intent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.