Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Bee, the over whelming vote is say YES!!!!!!!
Between two worlds, lovely post and best of luck with France, hope you pop back when you can.
Rodney, so happy for you, I was going to try and find the link the page you left but er not had much luck, 4-5 pages went on already today.
daffy thanks for the time explanation.
Rosie great post........
have a great weekend everyone.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
OK latest update from me...............

I told my immediate boss on Tuesday that I am going back to the UK............he totally understood as he emigrated here to Australia as a kid from the UK and has never felt like he belonged...............long story.........

Fast forward to this morning..........HIS boss - my bigger boss (believe me we have lots ) called me into his office.......and asked me would I like a job similar to what I am doing now but in a different division of our company in our LONDON office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be the main contact for the Australian operation.

SO SO totally unexpected and I have to say I am shocked and overwhelmed and this goes against any "plans" I had for my future in the UK.

Of course it will all hinge on the $$$$$$ to be paid and me, lil ol' me living in old Londinium town !!!

OMG they told me to take a few days to think about my answer and I have thought of little else as overwhelmed as I am..............

I would appreciate each and any input from our subscribers (and even the lurkers )
I'm very much a lurker on this thread... but had to post. That is amazing news! To have decided to tell your work you are going, and to get that as their response... that's just excellent. Jobs can be hard to come by here, so to have all the upheaval of moving back but not to have to worry about your income is ideal . I agree with the previous poster who said you're in a very strong position - you didn't ask for this, they offered it to you from nowhere, without even knowing for long you were going, so they obviously rate you highly. Remember London is expensive so make sure they give you an offer (salary, relocation etc.) that is acceptable.

I'm really happy for you
Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I love France!!! Do you speak French? I actually had considered going there but I don't speak the language well enough to work there so it sort of rules it out for me.
Yes, I do speak French, though it's a bit rusty...it is coming back, though.

(see, I couldn't resist having another peek at the forum!).

A bientot,

Tina.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Bee, the over whelming vote is say YES!!!!!!!
Between two worlds, lovely post and best of luck with France, hope you pop back when you can.
Rodney, so happy for you, I was going to try and find the link the page you left but er not had much luck, 4-5 pages went on already today.
daffy thanks for the time explanation.
Rosie great post........
have a great weekend everyone.
Thanks charleygirl!

Tina
Old Dec 10th 2010, 9:49 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I got the job!!!!! More later.
Congratulations
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Yaaaaay Wind thats great..
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
OK latest update from me...............

I told my immediate boss on Tuesday that I am going back to the UK............he totally understood as he emigrated here to Australia as a kid from the UK and has never felt like he belonged...............long story.........

Fast forward to this morning..........HIS boss - my bigger boss (believe me we have lots ) called me into his office.......and asked me would I like a job similar to what I am doing now but in a different division of our company in our LONDON office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be the main contact for the Australian operation.

SO SO totally unexpected and I have to say I am shocked and overwhelmed and this goes against any "plans" I had for my future in the UK.

Of course it will all hinge on the $$$$$$ to be paid and me, lil ol' me living in old Londinium town !!!

OMG they told me to take a few days to think about my answer and I have thought of little else as overwhelmed as I am..............

I would appreciate each and any input from our subscribers (and even the lurkers )
OMG BEE!!!!!!!

Thats wonderful...do you need an assistant????,,(cheesy grin)

Jackie
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, everyone.

The fact I got the job hasn't quite hit me yet - well, it has and it hasn't. I am almost afraid to relax in case it doesn't work out. I will be temp there for one month (2-3 weeks actually) and then permanent the first of the year.

It is very well paid so I will finally be able to plan my way home to the UK. that is the part I am MOST grateful about. I am going to try to live meagerly here and save all I can.

This weekend, I am preparing a notebook called "The Journey Back Home" so i can begin to plan. Gosh, even as I right this, I have tears in my eyes. to think that now I can "begin" the journey. FABULOUS!!!

I do have concerns about the UK, mostly because I have two small dogs and two cats I am taking with me. I SO want to find a place to live that will let me keep them all. I will not go unless I can keep them.

Do you think it would be possible to find somewhere that will let me keep four?
Wonderful news ..very well done .

Your journey home can begin
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

wow, wow, what an amazing result for you bee, well done

congrats to all those who have made it, got jobs or booked flights, what a thread this is!

Fingers crossed for you Trotty, you only need one buyer and the next one may be the one, if not you are one closer.

I have to read the thread daily or you will overwhelm me with your posts, but its a nice thing to look forward to every day
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Yaaaaay Wind thats great..
Thanks, Idy. I have to get back on my feet a bit here first but I can at least start to plan to go home now. I am not sure when I am going yet but definitely by the time I am 62 in four years. If I can do it sooner, I will. Miracles do happen

If, by chance, I find a job over there sooner and I have a little money saved and my pets are prepped, I would do it then - even before the age of 62.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Idy. I have to get back on my feet a bit here first but I can at least start to plan to go home now. I am not sure when I am going yet but definitely by the time I am 62 in four years. If I can do it sooner, I will. Miracles do happen

If, by chance, I find a job over there sooner and I have a little money saved and my pets are prepped, I would do it then - even before the age of 62.
you should get on the monster UK site and see what is available there too..you may get a job offer like BEE..
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
you should get on the monster UK site and see what is available there too..you may get a job offer like BEE..
That's a great idea, Idy. I also have some links now for teaching jobs over there so I can get started now that I have a job here.

I do have a contact over there actually. The man is about 80 now but he knows me very well. He worked with a company I worked for here in the U.S. Knew him for 16 years. I am going to ask someone if they have his phone number.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Wonderful news ..very well done .

Your journey home can begin
I am so excited, Gab - nervous, too, though. I am MORE excited about being able to start planning to go home than I am about the job but I am glad about it, of course.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I am so excited, Gab - nervous, too, though. I am MORE excited about being able to start planning to go home than I am about the job but I am glad about it, of course.
Windsong - Why did you not ask me? Phone numbers, are easy if he uses BT. ( british telecom) www.ukphonebook.co.uk try that, you never know. dontheturner.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.