Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 10th 2010, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I have had a few requests for Real Estate Agents in the Frome area, so here is the list. Most do lettings also.

www.mcallistersestateagents.co.uk
www.cooperandtanner.co.uk
www.sequencehome.co.uk

www.swallows.co.uk
www.holdenheal.com
www.rogersandcompany.co.uk
www.lewisgray.co.uk
Thank you, Islandwoman
Old Dec 10th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
It appears that there's loads of temp work (I have been to a couple of agencies) but most of it is very, very short term. With just the one car between us, I'd have to find something accessible via public transport. Now that we know where Tony will be working, I may have to reconsider temping if nothing permanent for me crops up soon.
DDL- from temping jobs sometimes permanent jobs come, so hang in there!!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney-so sorry to hear about your sister....your timing to go back was perfect, at least you can be there for your Mum in potentially difficult times ahead.

I am glad to hear that you are settling down though.....fish n chips mmmmmm I can taste them now!!!

I am planning ahead because this weekend we have a Noreaster heading our way and we expect 30-40cm of snow on Sunday...hunker down time with my bag of nuts by the fire!!!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I have had a few requests for Real Estate Agents in the Frome area, so here is the list. Most do lettings also.

www.mcallistersestateagents.co.uk
www.cooperandtanner.co.uk
www.sequencehome.co.uk

www.swallows.co.uk
www.holdenheal.com
www.rogersandcompany.co.uk
www.lewisgray.co.uk
Holy cow! I can't believe the price of a half decent place to live over there! And it looks as though they the residential lettings are doing the same thing as the U.S. - no pets or "pets considered".

Last edited by windsong; Dec 10th 2010 at 2:24 am.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
Thanks, Gab.

Clocking up posts is right! I think a big part of that is because I am SO glad to meet others who want to go home as well and a good number of them have the same feelings and thoughts about their situation as I have kept bottled up inside me for 30 years. It's very therapeutic to share them with others.

Ooohh!! Yet another one for Somerset or close by. I love this idea!!! We could all meet up!
yes ,meeting up would be great

When do you hear about that job ?
I think I must have missed that ,if you posted it that is ? :-)
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
yes ,meeting up would be great

When do you hear about that job ?
I think I must have missed that ,if you posted it that is ? :-)
Gab - I should hear tomorrow )
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you Wind..
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Fingers crossed for you Wind..
Thank you, Idy. I really need this job.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

I will be watching this thread ...good luck
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
With regard to milk, I hear what you are saying but there is also a big negative associated with food over here: very short shelf life. Between the small size of mum's refrigerator and the short shelf life of food, Tony and I usually end up having to do a food shop twice a week.

I read you loud n clear Denise, I look at that as a good thing, I think America uses far more preservatives, they cant be good for you, fresh is so much better, we get milk here with dates months ahead, that cant be right.

I sometimes think British makers like short dates so you feel like throwing it away and buying new, just an opinion nothing more.

I also think the UK is not as fresh as it used to be, especially with USA's influence on G.M. foods.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Oh yes Denise, I had forgotten about the little fridges, those wee ones that fit under the kitchen counter.
My In laws want to be Americanized and have bigger fridges than we have, No kidding.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
Hey, at the moment you could just leave it out in the garden and it will last for days!
Thats Cute and possibly True.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Thats Cute and possibly True.
Where is everyone tonight kinda slow on here??/
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
My In laws want to be Americanized and have bigger fridges than we have, No kidding.
I hope it is possible to buy a decent size freezer in the UK. I have one now that is as big as my fridge - it's a stand-up, no frost freezer. Of course, I don't want one THAT size but one half or a third as big would be nice.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Aw lovely to read Davids post and Rodneys from a few days back, Rodney as Fish said, big step him coming to see you, I think he will be back... and I am so so happy for you that all is going well.

A comment about the docs, i posted that when i was home I had to go to see the doctor I never actually lied but did not say i was not back permanently so i was registered, got seen straight away and they did blood work up too everything......and now my SIL tells me I have an appointment arrived for a mammogram, wonderful service I think.....

So very homesick today........it is freezing cold here that wind that chills to the bone, went out to try and put up some Christmas decs. too cold.

I hate when i see those trees thrown outside the day after, what is that all about.......Christmas for me starts Dec 1st and goes on til Jan 6th!
any excuse to drink and be merry...
Oh okay Fish about the time...........I think i am i UK time.....can it be changed on here.

Hello CharleyGirl...

Dr's and blood work, that made me laugh, Now a mammogram, that's the terrible service I hear so much about, if people only knew the truth.

So Very Homesick today, some days are much worse than others, at least that's how it affects me, some days you cant get it out of your head.

Our tree always stays up till 12 days after Christmas.

So you are in UK time, that's not such a bad thing is it ? hahahaaaa...

I thought the time setting was in "My profile" but I cant seem to find it, I'm pretty useless when it come to computers, Hopefully someone will jump to your rescue...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.