Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
JANUARY 25th !!!!!! Im going home January 25th..British Airways.all booked and paid for..)))

Jackie
To emphasize thats just next month!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
To emphasize thats just next month!
I know, I am so excited..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Paste Special, Unformatted Text is the best way to go. When I have copied something from the web, I usually paste into Notepad to get rid of the bloat but the Paste Special is the best way to go if you are going to leave the content in Word. I forgot about Paste Special entirely.
So you lost me when you referred to Notebook.
If I read correctly I need to download Notebook before doing anything else.
True or not true?
Live and learn?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

jackie, wonderful news, so happy for you......we must all try one day to have a UK reunion.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
So you lost me when you referred to Notebook.
If I read correctly I need to download Notebook before doing anything else.
True or not true?
Live and learn?
No, it should already be on your computer.

Start/Programs/Accessories/Notepad (if I remember correctly as I now use a Mac computer)

One other way to do it, Cheers, as someone else suggested is to use the Paste Special command when pasting it into Word.

Edit/Paste Special/Unformatted Text

That gets rid of all the extraneous html code in the background which grossly adds to the size.

I develop web sites so I have learned to stay right away from MS Word unless I am writing a letter. That's why I mentioned Notepad. (MS Word is like a swear word for developers because it adds its very own code bloat to HTML code).
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

JANUARY 25th !!!!!! Im going home January 25th..British Airways.all booked and paid for..)))

Jackie
Ohh my!!! This is wonderful news!!! I bet you are crying out of sheer joy!!!

That is just WEEKS away
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh my!!! This is wonderful news!!! I bet you are crying out of sheer joy!!!

That is just WEEKS away
I am so relieved, and excited....I cant wait to get away from here now, and what ever the cat scan reveils on the 10th, I know I will be taken care of over there if it becomes necessary.

Jackie..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I am so relieved, and excited....I cant wait to get away from here now, and what ever the cat scan reveils on the 10th, I know I will be taken care of over there if it becomes necessary.

Jackie..
Now the panic sets in..lol
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie
That's Awesome Jackie, Good for you.

Forget the panic, just get organized.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Now the panic sets in..lol
Idy, I am sure, though, that it is a "panic" of eager anticipation and excitement rather than fear

Do you have family and somewhere to live over there?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
That's Awesome Jackie, Good for you.

Forget the panic, just get organized.
Thank you fish.. Organized is not my strong suit...lol
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Idy, I am sure, though, that it is a "panic" of eager anticipation and excitement rather than fear

Do you have family and somewhere to live over there?
Mom and dad in Lincolnshire..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Mom and dad in Lincolnshire..
Ohh that's good! You will be just fine. I know it I am so excited for you - I am sitting here with a big smile on my face
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Ohh that's good! You will be just fine. I know it I am so excited for you - I am sitting here with a big smile on my face
Thank you Wind..
Old Dec 9th 2010, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Everyone - I need to ask for your positive thoughts and prayers.

I got a phone call mid-morning today to go for a "second" interview for a job (here in the U.S.). I went for that interview this afternoon. I need this job SO badly so I can begin saving and planning my move back home. It's two years off but the planning starts now.

I pray that I get the job and that I at least enjoy it while I am here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.