Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

[QUOTE=DDL;8760493] Awww, ED, that was so lovely. Thank you! If we get up to your neck of the woods, it would be lovely to have a cuppa together! Take care! [/QUOTE

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I will warm the pot, enjoy the start of your journey, eat lots, have one drink for each of us and dream wonderful dreams I am tearing up as I feel like I am wishing a very dear friend good bye on a long journey. Take care.

Last edited by Easterndawn; Aug 8th 2010 at 5:32 am.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Alright I dont know whether I want to laugh or cry. I imagine myself on the dock waving goodbye to DDL, my hanky blowing in the wind till the ship moves out of sight. Wishing I was on board... my heart is happy for them but oh so sad for me
Nicely said, we certainly understand where you are coming from Trotty, If you are gonna cry make it tears of Joy for another, I hope youre day will come too.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

DDL - Hope I am not too late to wish you a wonderful journey. Bon Voyage and have an awesome trip

Looks like I will be the next one home, I leave on Tuesday for bonnie Scotlland, can't wait

Been so busy getting things arranged, haven't been able to keep up with this thread, so if anyone else has headed home or is heading home soon, all of my best to you all
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aw well she is well on the way to NY wonder what time the ship sets sail, Trotty you made me have tears in my eyes too.
marmalade best of luck so happy for you and please please let us know how things work out.......

I need some really good vibes today, i am telling my family I am going home to UK for 8 weeks Sept 22nd, they have no idea yet. I think the S#@T is going to hit the fan.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Aw well she is well on the way to NY wonder what time the ship sets sail, Trotty you made me have tears in my eyes too.
marmalade best of luck so happy for you and please please let us know how things work out.......

I need some really good vibes today, i am telling my family I am going home to UK for 8 weeks Sept 22nd, they have no idea yet. I think the S#@T is going to hit the fan.
Good Luck Charleygirl... You gotta do what you gotta do, and I have a feeling I might be very close on your heels and dreading it! Its awful but you know you have back-up and support on HERE.

Sending you all the good vibes in the world!

The best Of British Luck.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Charleygirl - I am very excited, can't wait!

Good luck to you. And, everything will work out the way it is supposed to
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Marmalade, bon voyage and good luck!

Charleygirl, sending good vibes as you break the news.

Trottytrue, hang in there, we are watching others' dreams come true (tho the realization of them may be difficult), and so we see it can happen!

Our house has (almost, waiting for buyer's final mortgage committment) sold despite the dire market--it can happen!

Hoping your hubby's health holds up and all plans come to fruition....

Tina

(USA since 1983, orig from Glos, USC husband, 3 grown children, trying to engineer a new life phase with long chunks of time home in UK)
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Marmalade, bon voyage and good luck!

Charleygirl, sending good vibes as you break the news.

Trottytrue, hang in there, we are watching others' dreams come true (tho the realization of them may be difficult), and so we see it can happen!

Our house has (almost, waiting for buyer's final mortgage committment) sold despite the dire market--it can happen!

Hoping your hubby's health holds up and all plans come to fruition....

Tina

(USA since 1983, orig from Glos, USC husband, 3 grown children, trying to engineer a new life phase with long chunks of time home in UK)
Thanks BTW - Good luck with all of your plans too
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:28 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Marmalade, wow! I must have missed posts because I thought you were just thinking about it. I didn't know you were actually on your way - you definitely don't mess around once you make up your mind!

Good luck with everything and don't forget to give us regular updates!

Charleygirl, I will be thinking of you today.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG..... Good Luck...
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marmalade
DDL - Hope I am not too late to wish you a wonderful journey. Bon Voyage and have an awesome trip

Looks like I will be the next one home, I leave on Tuesday for bonnie Scotlland, can't wait

Been so busy getting things arranged, haven't been able to keep up with this thread, so if anyone else has headed home or is heading home soon, all of my best to you all
Wow Im glad you stopped by or we would have missed you... Good Luck to you... I hope Scotland welcomes you...
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marmalade,
WOW you are the next one to leave the nest, and so soon, you must be so excited, have a comfortable journey home, just a couple of days for you,
Take care and may all your hopes and dreams come true,
Rodney.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Charleygirl,
And good vibes from a lot of people on here are going your way, your family should understand if they know whats in your heart, and they know you will only be gone for a couple of months,
Just enjoy your time in the UK, you deserve the break, time to re-think your life, you only have one you know, and you deserve to be happy, we all do,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I dont know if any of you are Soul fans but I listened to Diana Ross on you tube singing Its My Turn and it gave me strength, there was a "Oh okay thats cool" from my twin daughters 18 next Saturday, sure when it sinks in it will be much more than that....... Husband well looked shocked ( er wheres your head been for 13 years) and just a "well you could have asked me first" that says a lot, but I am sure much more will come from him.........son was oh good mum you need to be with your mum.
So the vibes worked, I was expecting a lot of flack...

Thank you everyone......
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck, where in Scotland are you heading. Hope the land welcomes you in song, love and peace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.