Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Aug 7th 2010, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Denise and Tony, I wish you well, QE2 what a way to go, sounds much better than coach on an Aeroplane hahahaaa

I too hope all things come together nicely for you in England, Enjoy yourself.

Tomorrow and for the rest of the week I will think of you when I have my cup of PG Tips.
Agreed, much nicer than an airplane ride. Have a beautiful cruise, the love boat!!!! See it as a second honeymoon, after all, you are starting a new life together - again!!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Taffy Duck is an unknown quantity at this point

Bon Voyage Denise and Tony all the very best on your new adventure..have a smooth trip over on the Queen Mary2 keep in touch as we are all thinking of you..............cheers...Taffy
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Taffy love your signature made me smile on this saturday morning....
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

DDL...Have a wonderful rest onboard, will be thinking about you.

Taffy...Your signature also gave me a laugh and I really needed it. Thats me on most days. No wonder I have headaches.....

Charley.... Even though the weather was awful had a lovely time.......
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:43 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Easterndawn
Good Luck Denise2, may all your dreams come true and......
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
May the rains fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet some day
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

Awww, ED, that was so lovely. Thank you! If we get up to your neck of the woods, it would be lovely to have a cuppa together! Take care!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:45 am
DDL

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Denise,
I will be thinking of you and hubby when you are on the deck of that very big ship waving as you pass the statue of liberty, you will probably give way to your emotions and at some point a tear or two will trickle down your face,

But when you arrive in Southampton I hope both your faces light up with happiness and Joy just knowing that you are about to start the biggest adventure of your lives,

Dont worry about eating too much on board cause you can always shred those pounds later in England, just enjoy your wonderful six days aboard the QE2

I will be looking forward to seeing your first post from the other side of the pond, cheers to both of you I hope all your hopes and dreams come true,
Rodney.

Rodney, thank you so much for ALL your support and encouragement. You are an EXPERT at encouragement and you really helped me feel that we were doing the right thing! Thank you, my friend, and now the countdown is on for you! Cheerio for now!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:47 am
DDL

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Well said Rodney. Bon Voyage Denise and hubby.
Barb

Hey Barb, thank you! You take care of yourself, okay? Hugs
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:48 am
DDL

Originally Posted by charleygirl
have a wonderful trip Denise, I got the shivers thinking of you on the QE2.....have a wonderful new life.......... and I am looking forward to hearing the updates. Denise 1 or 2 haha I am confused and I am number 3 I know that .....but I will email you and thank you for your thoughts and I am so happy you are feeling better, i was worried there for a time.

Cheers, Denise! I'm looking forward to the updates as well - we are soooo excited!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:49 am
DDL

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Denise and Tony, I wish you well, QE2 what a way to go, sounds much better than coach on an Aeroplane hahahaaa I too hope all things come together nicely for you in England, Enjoy yourself. Tomorrow and for the rest of the week I will think of you when I have my cup of PG Tips.

Thanks for that and you are so right - it's going to be soooo much better than flying coach! Enjoy that PG ... we've been out now for 2 days and I'm having tea withdrawal! Good thing that Cunard's an English liner with plenty of TEA! Take care!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:50 am
DDL

Originally Posted by aes1
Agreed, much nicer than an airplane ride. Have a beautiful cruise, the love boat!!!! See it as a second honeymoon, after all, you are starting a new life together - again!!

Cheers, my friend and don't be surprised if we wind up on your doorstep there in Malta! (Just kidding.) Thanks for everything, Anna! You are my role model!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:51 am
DDL

Originally Posted by Taffy Duck
Bon Voyage Denise and Tony all the very best on your new adventure..have a smooth trip over on the Queen Mary2 keep in touch as we are all thinking of you..............cheers...Taffy

Thanks Taffy! Can't wait to give you and all my friends here an update! I'm the American on this board but y'all are making me feel so welcome...I might start talking with an accent soon!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:52 am
DDL

Originally Posted by trottytrue
DDL...Have a wonderful rest onboard, will be thinking about you.

Cheers for that and we'll take your advice and try to REST. god knows we deserve it!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:54 am
DDL

Well, okay folks ... it's almost 11pm Saturday night and we've said our good-byes (a bit more difficult than I imagined) and we're now ready to unplug this computer, pack it in the suitcase, and start a new life.

THANK YOU everyone for your friendship, advice, suggestions, encouragement, support ... and WISDOM.

I can't wait to give you an update and I promise to give the good with the bad - for that is the reality of life, isn't it?

Take care and keep the kettle warm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Alright I dont know whether I want to laugh or cry. I imagine myself on the dock waving goodbye to DDL, my hanky blowing in the wind till the ship moves out of sight. Wishing I was on board... my heart is happy for them but oh so sad for me
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:53 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Aww DDK thats making me a bit teary.
Have a wonderful time on board. I can't wait for updates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.