Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Beedubya
WOOOHOOOO!! I got the job, the pay isn't as much as I would have liked (in fact $18,000 per year less than I was getting before I left Oz at my last job!!) but you gotta start somewhere and this job has great potential!!

Thank you all so much for your karma and good wishes, the Universe must have been listening.
Congrats Bee!..things are coming together for you now eh?...All the best
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:13 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relocateme
Congrats Bee!..things are coming together for you now eh?...All the best
Thanks so much, how is it over there in WA? I saw your previous post where you weren't all that impressed LOL!! Now you know why SOME of us Antipodeans want to go back home.......

Last edited by Beedubya; Jun 29th 2010 at 6:15 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

WOOOHOOOO!! I got the job, the pay isn't as much as I would have liked (in fact $18,000 per year less than I was getting before I left Oz at my last job!!) but you gotta start somewhere and this job has great potential!!

Thank you all so much for your karma and good wishes, the Universe must have been listening.
CONGRADULATIONS Barb I knew you had it in you, I hope you like the Job,

And yes I know everything will work out fine for me at home, I was not going through any doubts or fears about going back, It probably sounded like it though, no there is not a doubt in my mind that this is the time that I need to be back home, and I will be just like Anna, just take one day at a time and enjoy life, and the cards can fall where they may,
Rodney.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Keep having faith
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, I am so glad for you Barb, now onwards and upwards
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:08 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

Thats great Barb, so happy for you, even if the pay is not so good, as you said, you have gotta start somewhere and at least now you can branch out on your own
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Barbara, Im so happy for you, we all have to re-start somewhere.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Beedubya;8664525]WOOOHOOOO!! I got the job, the pay isn't as much as I would have liked (in fact $18,000 per year less than I was getting before I left Oz at my last job!!) but you gotta start somewhere and this job has great potential!!

Thank you all so much for your karma and good wishes, the Universe must have been listening. :[

congratulations beedubya, that is the first step over, now you can get your life back together well we arrived home, I am still jetlagged, the journey was as bad as I had dreaded, mostly because of my legs, so I am just trying to rest up. It's a bit different for me as it was less than a year since I had left, so everything is the same. I was so happy to see my daughter and grandkids, and tomorrow I go to Cork to see my other daughter and stay a while with her.Today I am going to see my eldest sister who is in a residental home, her health is not the best,but TG she loves the home and she has put weight on since going there My only problem at the moment is I really want my own home again, like you beedubya, much as my daughter is so so good, I just feel she really does'nt have the room, and has been so good, but I just feel we are imposing. She is annoyed with me when I say this, as she just wants us to relax, so as soon as I can that will be the next move, to my own place again (heaven) The last couple of days were a nightmare, and the shipping agent, really messed us around on the last day, it ended up another $2000, too much to bore you all with, and of course the G20 was on in Toronto, so we had to travel 25 miles outside to get a hotel, it was 11pm we had been travelling all day, my husband in the truck with our stuff , me in the car. I was so nervous, the traffic was so busy even at that time of the night and we were trying to find a hotel,we took the first thing we could get. It was awful I am sure it was a hotel that rented the room by the hour, they charged us nearly $100 for the night, as they knew we were exhausted and needed a bed. Then the problem with the shipping We had transport as you know we were shipping the car, so we rented a car, quoted $49.94 (only needed it for 9 hours but paid for a full day no problem) got the car back to the hotel to check out and get luggage, went to put cases in car, flat tyre took 4 hours to get it fixed (husband back surgery so coud'nt do it) and they wanted to charge us as said the insurance we took out did'nt cover itso I am really glad to be home, and it has left a really nssty taste in my mouth when I think of Canada, I feel ripped off, which is not the way I wanted to remember it. Now it is behind us and once I get my own place I will settle now and the only moving I will be doing is holidays for a while Sorry about the rant, but I felt so ripped off, and so let down that people can really take advantage of a situation, I really get weepy . Anyway onwards and upwards, once I'm over the jet lag I will be fine will keep in touch Denise
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=dgjamison;8665022][QUOTE=Beedubya;8664525]WOOOHOOOO!! I got the job, the pay isn't as much as I would have liked (in fact $18,000 per year less than I was getting before I left Oz at my last job!!) but you gotta start somewhere and this job has great potential!!

Thank you all so much for your karma and good wishes, the Universe must have been listening. :[

congratulations beedubya, that is the first step over, now you can get your life back together well we arrived home, I am still jetlagged, the journey was as bad as I had dreaded, mostly because of my legs, so I am just trying to rest up. It's a bit different for me as it was less than a year since I had left, so everything is the same. I was so happy to see my daughter and grandkids, and tomorrow I go to Cork to see my other daughter and stay a while with her.Today I am going to see my eldest sister who is in a residental home, her health is not the best,but TG she loves the home and she has put weight on since going there My only problem at the moment is I really want my own home again, like you beedubya, much as my daughter is so so good, I just feel she really does'nt have the room, and has been so good, but I just feel we are imposing. She is annoyed with me when I say this, as she just wants us to relax, so as soon as I can that will be the next move, to my own place again (heaven) The last couple of days were a nightmare, and the shipping agent, really messed us around on the last day, it ended up another $2000, too much to bore you all with, and of course the G20 was on in Toronto, so we had to travel 25 miles outside to get a hotel, it was 11pm we had been travelling all day, my husband in the truck with our stuff , me in the car. I was so nervous, the traffic was so busy even at that time of the night and we were trying to find a hotel,we took the first thing we could get. It was awful I am sure it was a hotel that rented the room by the hour, they charged us nearly $100 for the night, as they knew we were exhausted and needed a bed. Then the problem with the shipping We had transport as you know we were shipping the car, so we rented a car, quoted $49.94 (only needed it for 9 hours but paid for a full day no problem) got the car back to the hotel to check out and get luggage, went to put cases in car, flat tyre took 4 hours to get it fixed (husband back surgery so coud'nt do it) and they wanted to charge us as said the insurance we took out did'nt cover itso I am really glad to be home, and it has left a really nssty taste in my mouth when I think of Canada, I feel ripped off, which is not the way I wanted to remember it. Now it is behind us and once I get my own place I will settle now and the only moving I will be doing is holidays for a while Sorry about the rant, but I felt so ripped off, and so let down that people can really take advantage of a situation, I reallynow haha
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:36 am
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Re: Forwarded mail / post from US to UK
FYI anyone interested , Before we left US a couple weeks ago we set a Forwarding Address with US Post Office. Could not do online for International so filled out the form and handed into local US Post Office.
7 days later we started receiving mail at our new UK address. Letters are delivered on a daily basis, and no junk mail !!, they forward only 1st class mail.
So we feel this has been a success.

Come on over, the weather, beer and fish&chips are fine.
Cheers
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.J
Re: Forwarded mail / post from US to UK
FYI anyone interested , Before we left US a couple weeks ago we set a Forwarding Address with US Post Office. Could not do online for International so filled out the form and handed into local US Post Office.
7 days later we started receiving mail at our new UK address. Letters are delivered on a daily basis, and no junk mail !!, they forward only 1st class mail.
So we feel this has been a success.

Come on over, the weather, beer and fish&chips are fine.
Cheers
I'm definitely interested. Thanks for the information. Does it cost you to do this?

My post office is so rude here though. Anything you ask them they look at you like you are asking the dumbest question ever. I was sending registered mail to the UK yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy and said did I know that it would cost quite a bit of money to do that. I told them yes, and it was worth it. They are so bloody crabby, you wouldn't believe, mind you I remember in Scotland it was just the same, like you had committed a crime if you asked a question
Old Jun 29th 2010, 10:57 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
I'm definitely interested. Thanks for the information. Does it cost you to do this?

My post office is so rude here though. Anything you ask them they look at you like you are asking the dumbest question ever. I was sending registered mail to the UK yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy and said did I know that it would cost quite a bit of money to do that. I told them yes, and it was worth it. They are so bloody crabby, you wouldn't believe, mind you I remember in Scotland it was just the same, like you had committed a crime if you asked a question
Unless the question happens to be, "Who won the England-Germany game?"
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Unless the question happens to be, "Who won the England-Germany game?"
Well, that trumps everything, now doesn't it
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh denise you are home! Wow sorry I just emailed you to see exactly when you leave ca. I am so happy you are home even if it did not go smoothly and all that being ripped of wil just make it easier when you have those thoughts "did we do the right thing?"

I hope you get back into your own home soon, did you say you have a house there ...
good luck to you I am happy for you that you are home.

JJ hows is all going?
Old Jun 29th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Barbara, well done thats great and I am sure you will feel better now too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.