Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:05 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by wingandapray
Leaving the house now for airport hotel-not sure if I can be online-I do have wireless so maybe-Worn out with all he house cleaning-(rental) haven't slept for 3 days and now have to do a 21 hour flight!! then we will have to search for work-operation D-Day has commenced-we will prevail-Ed I appreciate your support and I will PM u if I can get online!! We are having trouble with accommodation so u are right to start a rovers return place for people to come to-we should start this ASAP.
Good luck to you and your family. I hope all goes well for you.

Take Care
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:13 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Consider the source it's the daily Fail!
All sensationalizing.
They had an article like this in the local paper at my Mums, a man and his wife and child came back from somewhere.
Parts of the story were missing, you can apply for child allowance but it takes three months from when you enter the UK and take up residence again, thats how it was for my son and I when we were back many years ago.
She probably is eligible for job seekers allowance but that wasn't mentioned. Sounds like the wants the essex council to hand her a house and pay her to live in it
Yes exactly my thoughts, she wants a house given to her on a plate, thereby going ahead of people who have probably been on the housing list for xxx amount of time. She won't be homeless or go hungry........
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by jasper123
WAWA
A huge big welcome to you, you say your children are in UAE, stupid question maybe but where is UAE?
And you say all your family and friends are in UK, thats good, all my family are in UK too, I will be living with my 90 year old Mum, I am 65 in June, Im hoping to get out of U.S. as soon as possible, I booked a flight and all fully paid for leaving Vegas November 30, I booked it a few months ago but now recently I have changed my mind and want to go back earlier, so will have to change flight date soon, so its a mad rush for me to take care of everything ASAP
I just so really want to get home with my family,
You know the biggest obstacle that we all have to overcome is getting in the frame of mind that there is not a single doubt in your mind that you want to return to your birthplace, and that you absolutely know that this is what is right, and this is what you want to do,
All the rest you can take care of in the move, and when you get back home even though it will be tough at first it will all work out for you both and then years later you will look back on where you are now and be so thankful that you made the decision to go home,
Take good care, and you know that we are all here to help you and give advice on anything ---- or just chit chat if you want too,
I personally would not be in the stage I am in now if it were not for all the wonderful people on this thread, they have each helped me sooooo much in there own way with advice and encouraged me and inspired me,
Take care, and keep posting,
Rodney.
Hi Rodney

It's good to hear you sounding a bit more positive, I hope you are getting better and stronger each day ready for your move back HOME!!! Take care and do as the doctor says and you will soon be ready for your flight.

Barb
p.s. UAE = United Arab Emirates
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Eileen have you thought of doing a coach trip to the south coast? I had that on my plans for the summer, but as you know I never got to fulfil them.

There are a few coach companies out there, Shearings is the only one I can think of offhand, but they do all in coach tours, which include hotel room, breakfast, dinner and entertainment. You should be able to find other companies who do the same. It is much cheaper to do this than say get a train, hotel, and 2 meals a day, there is no way you could do it as cheaply as they do!!

It will give you a feel for the place and really nobody else can advise you where to live, you will have to click with the place yourself. I have only been to Torquay a LONG time ago and I remember being amazed that palm trees grew in England!!!
Yep, Bee...you are probably correct..no one can pick a place for me to live..

however, I would rather have a list of the top-ten town suggestions to go and see..I was rather thinking to rent a car one-way and take my shipment box and luggage down in the vehicle...do the tour in a day or so and then take it from there..

At the beginning of the thread the south coast was mentioned frequently so I am going back there to see the other places that came with recommendations

this week my drivers licence should arrive

I did check out the bus lines like National Express and they do half-price for over 60's ..doesn't solve getting the bags there though..so it may have to be the rental thing..

In the meantime I have booked for Australia May 17th flying Emirates with a stopover in Dubai UAE

Help my aunt pack up her house in 4 weeks...she was like you ....thought she could buy and settle back here...turns out she is returning to Perth..she is nearly blind now so needs all the help she can get..
too bad really as I would have had a place with her....funny old world eh?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:48 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Relocateme
Yep, Bee...you are probably correct..no one can pick a place for me to live..

however, I would rather have a list of the top-ten town suggestions to go and see..I was rather thinking to rent a car one-way and take my shipment box and luggage down in the vehicle...do the tour in a day or so and then take it from there..

At the beginning of the thread the south coast was mentioned frequently so I am going back there to see the other places that came with recommendations

this week my drivers licence should arrive

I did check out the bus lines like National Express and they do half-price for over 60's ..doesn't solve getting the bags there though..so it may have to be the rental thing..

In the meantime I have booked for Australia May 17th flying Emirates with a stopover in Dubai UAE

Help my aunt pack up her house in 4 weeks...she was like you ....thought she could buy and settle back here...turns out she is returning to Perth..she is nearly blind now so needs all the help she can get..
too bad really as I would have had a place with her....funny old world eh?
Just one thing Eileen, don't forget how BIG England is to drive in. I think it will take more than a day or two to look at all these places. I know for myself I look at the map and think "Oh that's not too far" but the reality hits when you are driving and driving..........things look closer than they really are........

If you do a trip over to Sydney don't forget to meet me!!! Emirates Airlines have a great reputation so you should have a good flight.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Wawa!...I am always amazed how us "over 50's going home" keep popping up on our thread. When I first saw your name I thought of Wawa Ontario..been through there a couple of times! So where will you be going back to?

Wingandpray now off to the airport..Bon Voyage and safe journey..I do hope there is some way you can get accomm right away..what area are you going back to?

DDL and Fishn'Chips... you guys are right in the thick of things with a bunch of work with yard sales and getting your documentation happening. At least there will be a feeling of getting accomplished with a good portion of your goods out of the way...its good in one way and sad in another to see your collections heading out the door for a pittance..I believe I only got one quarter of the price of my stuff. In the end some pple took my goods and didnt pay me at all..

Rodney..sorry to hear your June trip may have to be postponed due to your medical problems which came upon you so suddenly..rest up well and dont rush back to work..you will need everything you've got for the big push!
Will you just leave it till you know more?

I have a sore throat today...kind of knew I would get something..every trip it happens..just hoping it does not go to my chest and get worse.

Been doing a lot of reading about pensions. When I first joined the site my first question was if any single women were going back to UK from Canada between the ages of 60 and 65....I did not get one reply..

I really didnt know if I would have to continue working here in UK or not.
Since I am not eligible to collect Canadian pension till 65 I really did not understand where I stood. Now I know..I can retire now according to what I have been reading and also am entitled to a full UK state pension. As well, I am able to continue working if I want.

Funny how you get lots of advice and reading references sent your way but no clear straight answer. Well now, having ploughed through piles of material I am satisfied I have the right info.....

I do want to ask you guys your input on a settlement place.
After I have done my travels this year I intend settling on the south coast somewhere....have been looking at the usual spots Torquay, Bournemouth, Poole, Salcombe, Cornwall...but all in all nothing leaps out. Ideally a pretty, warm place not too small...get a little job, maybe with ferry to France..any suggestions?
Hello Eileen,
Well as you know I was born and raised in Portsmouth in Hampshire so I have always been used to the South of England, and I do like it too, wherever you live in that city you are only 3 miles from the beach and sea in one direction and only 3 to 6 miles to the countryside in the opposite direction, I like that, and the ferry to France is in Southsea which is 3 miles from where my Mum lives, so me & Mum could just hop on a bus and take the ferry over there for the day that would be a nice change,
I will be moving back to Portsmouth cause my Mum and most of all my family live there in Portsmouth, my Sister and Nephew lives in Stoke, Plymouth,
If I had the choice of where to live it would be Cornwall, Ive always loved it there, second choice for me would be Pembroke Dock in Wales, my Father was born there and I have been there on holidays many times when I was a kid, and I have always liked it there too, and last my choice would be Chester right on the border of England and Wales if I remember right,
Well good luck to you on everything, take care,
Rodney.
PS Just been speaking to my Mum in Portsmouth I call her once a week and we chat for about an hour, she is fine and said that today the weather was lovely, 70f. blue skies & sunshine, she said she,s been out in her garden taking care of all her plants & things most of the day, she likes that,
She does not know of my plans to make it back home before November, I will leave that to when I know for sure when I can leave and then give her an earlier date, she will be so happy I know.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Hello Rod.

There are so many cameras to choose from, I bought mine from my local camera store where you can pick them up without some security device attached, plus I like to support the local guy who will treat me right.

I looked at many over a two month period before buying, I wanted to have them in my hands and see how they felt, many camera's are so small today, some are too small for guys with big fingers, some are made of cheap plastic and delicate, some are more solid so that's what to look for.

I found ones I liked, then came home and compared features and read buyers reports online at places like Amazon, I wanted to buy one with a good track record.

I have a Canon Power Shot SD970is it retailed for $379 and I paid $350 including a 2gb memory card and bag, they are worth at least $25, so that means I paid $325 for the camera when all said and done.
It came with a lithium battery, its very small with a large screen a 5 x optical zoom and no viewfinder, my first camera without a viewfinder. I love it, since last July I have taken 3544 pics and some video with it, I do not consider it a great video camera as the sound isnt a major feature, still it took nice take off and landing video's on my trip back to the UK last July.

I was also looking at a Canon powershot SX120is, its larger and looks more traditional, it fits tightly in my pants pocket inside a carrying case, its runs off AA batteries which are easy to find, plus it has a wonderful 10x optical zoom and video, it retailed for 249 and since has dropped in price to 229, I see it everywhere for $200, its a wonderful camera for $200.

My Dad who was alive last year at this time actually went looking with me and bought the 120is for $200, we took it to the UK and it took some great pics too, you can get rechargable AAs for that camera which would be the way to go, but if you are caught out you can always find regular AAs.
I gave that camera to one of my sisters after my Dad passed away, she loves it and enjoys it more than her Nikon.

Previous to Canon I bought Fujis and enjoyed those too, Its a case of going and seeing what you like and what feels good to you.

Memory cards, The pics are stored on memory cards, you can download them straight into your computer, I was going to erase and reuse the memory cards, then figured they are so cheap I decided to delete pics I dont like and keep ones on the card that I do, so I dont have 3544 pics saved, many have been deleted, the memory cards are available in the UK so thats not a problem.
A 2gb card will hold close to 500 pics and costs around $15.

Wow Vegas is a Great place for Photo's, Bigger than Life.

Good Luck on finding a Camera, Take Care...
Fish n Chips,
Thanx for all that info, I do appreciate it, so I will look into those two choices, pick em up and look and see which one I like, after all with yours you certainly did a lot of checking on line, so all the hard work has been done for me, thanx for that, ---- 3,544 Pics huh --- oh boy thats a whole lot of picture taking there, yes I too have never had a camera without a viewfinder but have seen them, and I like the idea of the memory cards too, never had that before either,
what I would like to do is keep the pics that I like on the card and then just buy another card and take more pics, rather then downloading the pics to your computer, isn't it wonderful that we live in this age of high tech everything, people of our age has seen a lot of changes havent we, remember when people actually wrote letters to each other, it used to take about a week for my letters to get to UK from US, and I think when I lived in Oz they took around 10 days,
long distance Phone calls were out of the question in those days unless you were a millionaire, I remember from US to UK the calls would cost around $1 per minute, and you would only use the phone home for emergencies --- and then talk real fast too I have a good deal with Telecom USA for all my long distance, it only costs me a little less then $4 to call my Mum or Sister or Son and speak for an hour, around 6 cents a minute from my landline phone,
Take care,
Rodney,
Old Apr 26th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wingandapray
Leaving the house now for airport hotel-not sure if I can be online-I do have wireless so maybe-Worn out with all he house cleaning-(rental) haven't slept for 3 days and now have to do a 21 hour flight!! then we will have to search for work-operation D-Day has commenced-we will prevail-Ed I appreciate your support and I will PM u if I can get online!! We are having trouble with accommodation so u are right to start a rovers return place for people to come to-we should start this ASAP.
Hope you have a comfortable flight, 21 hours form Oz huh, much better then when I emigrated to Oz in 1965, like you I was a 10 pound Pom too but an adult almost ---- of 19 years old, but I went alone, I remember the flight was 36 hours with 5 or 6 stops for refueling along the way at different countries, but flying time alone was 24 hours,
Take care and hope you get over your jet lag quickly, good luck on finding accommodation for you and your family and later also on finding work,
keep us all posted as soon as you can, all the best,
Rodney.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 3:37 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

didnt pay me at all..

I do want to ask you guys your input on a settlement place.
After I have done my travels this year I intend settling on the south coast somewhere....have been looking at the usual spots Torquay, Bournemouth, Poole, Salcombe, Cornwall...but all in all nothing leaps out. Ideally a pretty, warm place not too small...get a little job, maybe with ferry to France..any suggestions?
Hi Relocateme
I am hoping to go back to UK this year or begin next year, and I have been looking at Park Homes in the Bournemouth/Poole area. They are small enough not to spend a pension on heating but also big enough to have everything you need - 2 beds, kitchen, living. I also would like to do some travelling, something I didn't do before going to the land down under which I would hopefully be able to do with remaining money If you go to The right Move and just click on mobile homes I think you should get to see what I mean.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Fish n Chips,
Thanx for all that info, I do appreciate it, so I will look into those two choices, pick em up and look and see which one I like, after all with yours you certainly did a lot of checking on line, so all the hard work has been done for me, thanx for that, ---- 3,544 Pics huh --- oh boy thats a whole lot of picture taking there, yes I too have never had a camera without a viewfinder but have seen them, and I like the idea of the memory cards too, never had that before either,
what I would like to do is keep the pics that I like on the card and then just buy another card and take more pics, rather then downloading the pics to your computer, isn't it wonderful that we live in this age of high tech everything, people of our age has seen a lot of changes havent we, remember when people actually wrote letters to each other, it used to take about a week for my letters to get to UK from US, and I think when I lived in Oz they took around 10 days,
long distance Phone calls were out of the question in those days unless you were a millionaire, I remember from US to UK the calls would cost around $1 per minute, and you would only use the phone home for emergencies --- and then talk real fast too I have a good deal with Telecom USA for all my long distance, it only costs me a little less then $4 to call my Mum or Sister or Son and speak for an hour, around 6 cents a minute from my landline phone,
Take care,
Rodney,

Thanks Rod.

As I say look and find a camera that feels good in your hands, one that is solid that doesn't seem like it will fall apart, play with the zoom and other button etc, then research it online, I must have looked at 2-3 dozen of all the major brands, many places sell the same camera's, you could always look at canons website to see both camera's I mentioned, or look at others like Fuji, Nikon, Minolta or Sony, there are many good cameras out there, I just liked the Canon this time around.

3544 pics, its a no brainer as I see it, take a pic if it doesn't turn out good no loss, so I go crazy, I also use it at work.

I certainly remember when calls cost $1 a minute on Sundays, more on week days, those were the days Huhhhhhh. I was earning $3 an hour back then and calling my future wife for an hour every other Sunday.

I love some of the new technology, I always used to be an early adopter, but these days new inventions pass me by, I never thought that day would come, I don't understand what many of the new devices are for, plus many seem expensive, most appeal to young kids as we once were.

I love MP3 players, Im still fascinated that you can store
that much music on a small device.

My first CD player cost $500 and my first VCR was $675 from a discount place, blank VHS tapes were $10, Wow things do change, I'm sure most kids dont even know how to use a VCR or know what a 45 or LP or cassette is.

I'm not a big lover of cell phone's, I like what they do as far as calling people in an emergency but the need for games and camera's seem a bit over board for me, I just want a good phone that's simple to use.
I'm totally against the idea of driving and using a cell phone, Id never forgive myself if I was to hurt someone while driving and using a cell phone so I never use one while driving my car, (Never).
Hands free is just another idea to steer around the real problem, its not the hands that are distracted its the brain.

Oregon has banned cell phone use while driving but I see people doing it everyday.

A guy overtook me the other day while using a laptop at 60mph, he looked smart but come on, thats one of the dumbest things Ive ever seen, I knew this day was coming, but just because there is no law against it doesn't make it a good idea.

Ok I'm off my soapbox.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:42 am
Just Joined

clodhopper is an unknown quantity at this point

Your not alone Ed I cant remember Mr Pastry either, but yes like you I used to watch andy pandy and the flowerpot men (weed weed) the woodentops, & lots of other kids programs, how about that Australian guy who used to have a weekly program on telly he was a sketch artist, Ralph something I think his name was, and later in the early 60,s I think it was I used to love the billy cotton band show !! and I think in the late 50,s the saint with Roger more, and even earlier then that the very first program on TV that I saw roger more in was ( Ivanhoe)
Anybody remember that one he was a knight on a white horse, and steptoe & Son, so many, too many good programs to mention, but I loved them all, over here in US sanford & son was a spinoff from steptoe & Son,
Oh boy am I ever getting home sick now !!!!
Congrats again Ed on your new Job, we have to keep saying this about you cause its true ---- you are truly an inspiration to us all,
Rodney.
Rolf Harris.still performing
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Honeybun
Hi Relocateme
I am hoping to go back to UK this year or begin next year, and I have been looking at Park Homes in the Bournemouth/Poole area. They are small enough not to spend a pension on heating but also big enough to have everything you need - 2 beds, kitchen, living. I also would like to do some travelling, something I didn't do before going to the land down under which I would hopefully be able to do with remaining money If you go to The right Move and just click on mobile homes I think you should get to see what I mean.
Thank you Honeybun for this suggestion!...Park homes in Bournemouth- Poole area...hmmm..didnt think of that..some of the interiors of these are just super..hey!..wonder if they have the calor gas stoves?..

thank you Rodney for the Cornwall suggestion..I have plenty of time now to research them..

Bee...you are right about the driving...here's me thinking driving in Canada...just keep on going for hours and only 96c a litre..ha ha not on UK time!..
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

WAWA
A huge big welcome to you, you say your children are in UAE, stupid question maybe but where is UAE?
And you say all your family and friends are in UK, thats good, all my family are in UK too, I will be living with my 90 year old Mum, I am 65 in June, Im hoping to get out of U.S. as soon as possible, I booked a flight and all fully paid for leaving Vegas November 30, I booked it a few months ago but now recently I have changed my mind and want to go back earlier, so will have to change flight date soon, so its a mad rush for me to take care of everything ASAP
I just so really want to get home with my family,
You know the biggest obstacle that we all have to overcome is getting in the frame of mind that there is not a single doubt in your mind that you want to return to your birthplace, and that you absolutely know that this is what is right, and this is what you want to do,
All the rest you can take care of in the move, and when you get back home even though it will be tough at first it will all work out for you both and then years later you will look back on where you are now and be so thankful that you made the decision to go home,
Take good care, and you know that we are all here to help you and give advice on anything ---- or just chit chat if you want too,
I personally would not be in the stage I am in now if it were not for all the wonderful people on this thread, they have each helped me sooooo much in there own way with advice and encouraged me and inspired me,
Take care, and keep posting,
Rodney.
Thanks for the welcome, Rodney, I have been following your posts since you first started writing, I feel as though I know you all well now! Yes it pretty daunting this move, however I am hopeful I can get a reasonable job in UK (am a Personal Assistant) and we will rent out our property in Canada (it will help towards our pension eventually), so I now have a long list and the first will be to get rid of my huge winter coats!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Welcome Wawa!...I am always amazed how us "over 50's going home" keep popping up on our thread. When I first saw your name I thought of Wawa Ontario..been through there a couple of times! So where will you be going back to?

Hi and thanks for the welcome! I think there comes a time in your life when you want to go home, its been a huge pull and I cannot ignore it any more. I am really excited. I am not sure where we will go, I will be staying initially with some close friends in Hertfordshire, and where we end up will depend largely on where we get work. I know its a huge upheaval, and to be honest I have had some pretty big moves in my life (UK to South Africa-to UAE-to Canada, I have been around the block!) so I know I can deal with it. I am sure I will have many questions for the forum, though as I get closer to my departure.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:07 am
Honeybun

Honeybun will become famous soon enoughHoneybun will become famous soon enough

Thank you Honeybun for this suggestion!...Park homes in Bournemouth- Poole area...hmmm..didnt think of that..some of the interiors of these are just super..hey!..wonder if they have the calor gas stoves?..

thank you Rodney for the Cornwall suggestion..I have plenty of time now to research them..

Bee...you are right about the driving...here's me thinking driving in Canada...just keep on going for hours and only 96c a litre..ha ha not on UK time!..
Why do you wonder if they have calor gas stoves? Would it be a problem or good? Cornwall would be very nice but not much good for jobs, still can visit once established. I think that Bournemouth is a good bet if you would be looking for a job. I guess I will be looking for something part-time (even if its as a checkout chick!!) as trying to live on the Government pension will be very hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.