Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old May 23rd 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by dunroving
The one underneath is the female.
Ha Ha VERY FUNNY INDEED
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

The one underneath what.......
Old May 26th 2013, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Changing the topic from stray cats and gender issues...

I took some photos at the recent Devon County Show, and at Exeter Quay:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7633610922403/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7633681960660/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7633646295915/

and if you are desperate to see spring flowers:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7633693487258/
Rosie
Old May 26th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120

Rosie
How lovely! I would love to have seen the County Show! Rougemont Gardens looks beautiful!!
Old May 29th 2013, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

islandwoman120..Really beautiful pictures just makes your heart miss a beat. Nothing can compare. Thankyou for posting them.
Old May 29th 2013, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasper123...or all you oldies...Have any of you heard from Easterndawn....I have not since last year. I remember how we were all so excited when she finally got to Scotland. She left behind her husband and dogs but was going to send for them when she was settled. She really had some hard times she tried so hard to make it work. I looked back and it seems that it was around 2010 when she left. I know up till last year her husband has not joined her. I hope if she is reading this she will let us know how she is.
Old May 29th 2013, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
islandwoman120..Really beautiful pictures just makes your heart miss a beat. Nothing can compare. Thankyou for posting them.
Thanks Trotty - nice to hear from you.
Old May 29th 2013, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Jasper123...or all you oldies...Have any of you heard from Easterndawn....I have not since last year. I remember how we were all so excited when she finally got to Scotland. She left behind her husband and dogs but was going to send for them when she was settled. She really had some hard times she tried so hard to make it work. I looked back and it seems that it was around 2010 when she left. I know up till last year her husband has not joined her. I hope if she is reading this she will let us know how she is.
Yes, it seems from searching the forum that her last post was in September 2012 and at that point her husband still had not joined her.

I was one of those who followed her story from the beginning and I think of her often. I too would to know how she is doing.

So many on the thread have said she has inspired them with her determination and her courage despite setbacks. But I hope she knows she doesn't have to live up to her reputation as an "Inspiration" all the time! Even if things aren't going well--though I so hope they are!--it's always good to hear her voice.
Old May 29th 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am another who has wondered how she is doing. I do hope things have improved for her.
Old May 29th 2013, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello trotty,
I often think of how easterndawn (pegie) is getting on, she has always been a true inspiration to me, she went through a series of tough times in Scotland,
but she overcome all of them just by true grit and determination and the strong desire to succeed,
I wish she would post something just to let us know how she is doing, and how she feels now,
I hope her Hubby and dogs are with her now, and that he was able to sell there house in Canada, but if not, and if her battle is still on going then I hope that she will not feel uncomfortable in posting again on here, she should be very proud of what she did and the way she inspired so many,

And how are you now Avril ? and how is your husband now, I remember you telling us that he was very poorly,
Take care,
Rodney.
Old May 29th 2013, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120

Rosie
Gorgeous photos. The flowers are so beautiful.
Old May 29th 2013, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Gorgeous photos. The flowers are so beautiful.
Thanks!
Old Jun 1st 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

So with no postings on here for a couple of days so I think I have this forum all to 'me' self.

I was trying to find the poster who got back and got a job right a way. She hasn't posted for a few days. I know she has been working but she still found time to post.

Change of subject. If you pay for a TV license which is not cheap, do you also have to pay for cable/satellite service on top of that?

Credit cards. If you you use a credit card do you have to use a pin number like you do on a debit card? And then there is the thing with the chip??? Does the credit card have to have a chip in it?

Cheers
Old Jun 1st 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
So with no postings on here for a couple of days so I think I have this forum all to 'me' self.

I was trying to find the poster who got back and got a job right a way. She hasn't posted for a few days. I know she has been working but she still found time to post.
WhoFan63? You can find some of her updates here... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794426

Change of subject. If you pay for a TV license which is not cheap, do you also have to pay for cable/satellite service on top of that?
If you want cable or satellite services then yes, you would have to pay in addition to the TV Licence. There are alternatives though - you can get the terrestrial channels (BBC1 & 2, ITV1, Channel 4 & Channel 5) just through an aerial if the reception is good enough in your area.

Or there are various subscription free services such as Freeview or Freesat. These will give you the terrestrial channels plus the 'free to air' channels - including some HD channels if they are available in your area (and you have a digital freeview or freesat device).

TV Licence is free once you are over 75 if that is of use to you.

Credit cards. If you you use a credit card do you have to use a pin number like you do on a debit card? And then there is the thing with the chip??? Does the credit card have to have a chip in it?

Cheers
Yes - you get a PIN with your credit card - the 'chip' is the smart card technology inside the card - hence the name 'chip & pin' - the chip in the card, the pin in your head
Old Jun 1st 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
WhoFan63?

Yes - you get a PIN with your credit card - the 'chip' is the smart card technology inside the card - hence the name 'chip & pin' - the chip in the card, the pin in your head
Thanks for this valuable info. To clearify.... Right now if I'm in the grocers for example I just swipe my card and sign, and they have done away with signing for below $50. Are you saying my credit card won't work in the UK because I don't have a chip?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.