Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Midnight here and I have been watching the build up on Fox who are relaying British Sky TV. Very exciting! Been watching for 2 hours at this point. I hope I can stick with it.

I'm actually jumping between BBC News Channel on the net and Sky on TV and I feel really lucky to watch everything.

If you are up check out Fox TV for coverage.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Midnight here and I have been watching the build up on Fox who are relaying British Sky TV. Very exciting! Been watching for 2 hours at this point. I hope I can stick with it.

I'm actually jumping between BBC News Channel on the net and Sky on TV and I feel really lucky to watch everything.

If you are up check out Fox TV for coverage.
It's 11pm here and I too am watching TV coverage. I plan to stay up all night to watch. I'd better put the kettle on!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys getting the coverage of all the parties in the different parks and the fun of people arriving in the train stations to London all dressed up and waving flags or just the more serious news coverage?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Are you guys getting the coverage of all the parties in the different parks and the fun of people arriving in the train stations to London all dressed up and waving flags or just the more serious news coverage?
No. But lots of good stuff. Apparently the chairs in Westminster Abbey that the Royal Family et al will be sitting on were donated by Canada on July 1 1949 in honour of those fallen in the war.
On the foot of the Tv screen they are streaming messages from Canadians as part of an online guest book.
I'm flipping between CBC and BBC World.
Just heard that they will become the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The route: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13155517

Last edited by bandrui; Apr 29th 2011 at 7:08 am.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:10 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
No. But lots of good stuff. Apparently the chairs in Westminster Abbey that the Royal Family et al will be sitting on were donated by Canada on July 1 1949 in honour of those fallen in the war.
On the foot of the Tv screen they are streaming messages from Canadians as part of an online guest book.
I'm flipping between CBC and BBC World.
Just heard that they will become the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Yes I just heard that too, have you tried getting it online, I am sure I saw somewhere there was live coverage on BBC online!!

YES it is I just checked with the television and the computer - BOTH EXACTLY THE SAME - go Linda!!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Just heard too that the dress MOST PROBABLY has come from the house of Alexander McQueen.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Just heard too that the dress MOST PROBABLY has come from the house of Alexander McQueen.
Yes, that's Sarah Burton (designer).

We are getting live BBC coverage on BBC World (TV).

Last edited by bandrui; Apr 29th 2011 at 7:34 am.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:35 am
Home Sweet Home

Oooh lovely Linda, so glad you are getting it live, I am watching ITV AND BBC just flicking and am just loving the trees in Westminster Abbey as the first guests are shown in.

Just think they have to sit there for the next 2 and a half hours, let's hope the seats are comfy LOL!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bandrui
Have you heard about this EU ban on herbal medicine? This has been in the works for some time and is something we need to be very concerned about.
http://www.anh-europe.org/campaigns/codex
Britain has a deep history in herbal medicinals and natural remedies. It would be a real travesty to see this outlawed.
This law was passed about 6 months ago, and was reported on line.

The reason, is because many herbal remedies, have never been tested for dangerous elements. Any producer, (Like Heath & Heather) can apply for their products, to be tested, and lots have done so. The original fear that many herbalists would close down, appears to be unfounded. Don
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Oooh lovely Linda, so glad you are getting it live, I am watching ITV and am just loving the trees in Westminster Abbey as the first guests are shown in.

Just think they have to sit there for the next 2 and a half hours, let's hope the seats are comfy LOL!!
I was thinking the same thing. Hope they have a book to read!

Love the hats. I have a thing about hats.

Last edited by bandrui; Apr 29th 2011 at 7:41 am.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

A few minutes ago they caught Prince Harrys South African girl fiend entering the Abbey and the commentator said she was the Paris Hilton of the UK? What a slam! IMO.
I just lost BBC. I hope I can bring it back.
DW called from the TV room that CNN had good cameras.
Barbara, I wish I could have seen the pictures of the parties and train stations.
They identified Beckham arriving.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:49 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by cheers
A few minutes ago they caught Prince Harrys South African girl fiend entering the Abbey and the commentator said she was the Paris Hilton of the UK? What a slam! IMO.
I just lost BBC. I hope I can bring it back.
DW called from the TV room that CNN had good cameras.
Barbara, I wish I could have seen the pictures of the parties and train stations.
They identified Beckham arriving.

You need to get Expat Shield up and running Cheers.

Elton John and David Furnish just arrived, pop royalty along with The Beckhams footie royalty.

I just heard George Michael has a song especially written for the couple, available for download as a gift........must check that out!!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

One hour to go, I am glued to BBC World here in France..very exciting!

Tina
Old Apr 29th 2011, 9:00 am
Home Sweet Home

Guy Ritchie and girlfriend just arrived, I bet Madonna is kicking herself.

Just found out that the George Michael song is a Stevie Wonder number and was announced a week ago I will look for it later.

http://www.georgemichael.com/gift/

I wasn't really bothered about the Royal Wedding before now but have become quite caught up in the whole thing today, I wish now I had taken the train to London for the day to join in with the feel good crowd.

Last edited by Beedubya; Apr 29th 2011 at 9:14 am.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

We are watching CNN with Piers Morgan, Anderson Cooper and Richard Quest, excellent coverage and knowledge...

First Class, just love this, it pulls on my heart strings...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.