Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Dec 25th 2010, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

6 eggs sally!!!!!

Looks delish.......
Old Dec 25th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

For those who follow Royalty

www.youtube.com/TheRoyalChannel/

dontheturner PS Remember the speech is on here @ 3pm, not before!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
For those who follow Royalty

www.youtube.com/TheRoyalChannel/

dontheturner PS Remember the speech is on here @ 3pm, not before!

Hi Don: This is terrific! If you don't mind, I'd like to correct the link so everyone can find it

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalChannel/

(I added the word "user")

I wonder if we will see the Queen's Christmas speech uploaded

Last edited by windsong; Dec 25th 2010 at 7:44 am.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by windsong
Hi Don: This is terrific! If you don't mind, I'd like to correct the link so everyone can find it

Thanks, but as I did cut and paste, it should have been complete. yes, I think it will be on there, later- but by then I will be TV ing in the bedroom! only the tele in the bedroom, has the english language on it. I am bored to death, as everywhere is open as normal.( No xmas celebration here. take care. first time I ever got liver and bacon for dinner on the 25 th! dontheturner.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I wish I felt more merry. Two days ago I came down with the worst cold I have had in years - watery eyes, sniffles, sore throat and cough

Hope everyone has a good day
Old Dec 25th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I wish I felt more merry. Two days ago I came down with the worst cold I have had in years - watery eyes, sniffles, sore throat and cough

Hope everyone has a good day
Never fear - I have had sickness & Diarrhoea for almost a week, but it cleared last afternoon.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:02 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
I just saw this.
Yes I know it quite well. I have an apartment there, just off the main road, across from the park. It's about 45 minutes from Manchester airport so it's convenient for me whenever I visit the UK, which isn't very often these days. It has all amenities that I need. There is The Buxton Festival, The Opera House, The Winter Gardens and more. It has a quaint little "department' store called Potter's. It's just like Grace Brothers on Are You Being Served ! I suppose it depends on what you want but for me it is an ideal spot.
Thanks Simon. I really think we need to check it out. Our friends are in Manchester and Yorkshire, so it's pretty good for both. Only problem is it's a way from my mum in Cumbria, but I think she has half a mind to move wherever I move anyway.

The Royal family link reminded me of Christmases as a kid. My gran always used to say 'Oh turn that off!' when the Queen came on. She was so traditional and middle-class in every way, but she really did not like the Royal Family! Later when she came to stay with us each Christmas, it became a running joke. We'd say "oooh let's make sure we've finished our Christmas dinner before 3. Nan won't want to miss the Queen." And she'd roll her eyes at us. Good times!

Windsong, I hope you feel better soon.

Videografics, wow - 8 days? I am envious and also excited for you. Which part of the UK are you moving to?
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Never fear - I have had sickness & Diarrhoea for almost a week, but it cleared last afternoon.
Oh my goodness, Don. So glad it cleared up. This is not the time of year (Christmas) to be down with that sort of thing. Glad you are feeling better
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Windsong and Don,

Hope you get better fast.

We had my daughter and their two boys with us for a few days and she and a boy had all the good stuff, not, and we had to change and wash the mattress pad and sheets three times in the last week and then the 4 yo also threw up on a wing chair. Glad to see them go. The daughter we think was playing it up so we would baby her and take care of the boys because she had been on the road with them, playing in the snow and shopping, for about four days. She lives a different life style than the rest of us. She pays off her credit card each month and I think it is typically around $8,000 per month When she was with us her husband called and said he had got a good appraisal this year and a pay raise and a bonus of $30,000. Must be nice.
Someone said the good Lord must have liked poor people because he made so many of them, me included.

Again a very merry christmas to you all.

Cheers
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Thanks Simon. I really think we need to check it out. Our friends are in Manchester and Yorkshire, so it's pretty good for both. Only problem is it's a way from my mum in Cumbria, but I think she has half a mind to move wherever I move anyway.

The Royal family link reminded me of Christmases as a kid. My gran always used to say 'Oh turn that off!' when the Queen came on. She was so traditional and middle-class in every way, but she really did not like the Royal Family! Later when she came to stay with us each Christmas, it became a running joke. We'd say "oooh let's make sure we've finished our Christmas dinner before 3. Nan won't want to miss the Queen." And she'd roll her eyes at us. Good times!

Windsong, I hope you feel better soon.

Videografics, wow - 8 days? I am envious and also excited for you. Which part of the UK are you moving to?
Thanks, Sally. All I am doing is lying down and resting. I have had nothing but Theraflu and chicken noodle soup for two days. House is a mess
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:47 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Windsong and Don,

Hope you get better fast.

We had my daughter and their two boys with us for a few days and she and a boy had all the good stuff, not, and we had to change and wash the mattress pad and sheets three times in the last week and then the 4 yo also threw up on a wing chair. Glad to see them go. The daughter we think was playing it up so we would baby her and take care of the boys because she had been on the road with them, playing in the snow and shopping, for about four days. She lives a different life style than the rest of us. She pays off her credit card each month and I think it is typically around $8,000 per month When she was with us her husband called and said he had got a good appraisal this year and a pay raise and a bonus of $30,000. Must be nice.
Someone said the good Lord must have liked poor people because he made so many of them, me included.

Again a very merry christmas to you all.

Cheers
How lovely for your daughter to get such a Christmas surprise. You must be very proud of her.

I pay off my credit cards every month too. Always have. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked the message. I wonder who wrote it?
Old Dec 25th 2010, 5:03 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I really liked the message. I wonder who wrote it?
Traditionally The Queen writes her own Christmas messages There is no political interference. It is one of the few times that she actually gets to use her own words.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Traditionally The Queen writes her own Christmas messages There is no political interference. It is one of the few times that she actually gets to use her own words.
OK I just found out where Sedona is, right by Flagstaff. Been there. Lots of snow.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Tanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really niceTanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wawa
To Everyone.....Have a merry, merry Xmas (there's a song in there somewhere) and a safe and happy 2011, where our dreams and hopes turn to reality and new friendships made here grow yet stronger. Thinking of you all, especially those alone
Wawa - same to you!! Happy, merry Christmas to all and a joyous New Year! Hope the loners today check in here......
Tanto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.