British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Rovers Return (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/)
-   -   Opinions on England Please. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/rovers-return-111/opinions-england-please-615744/)

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 6:51 am

Re: Opinions on England Please.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004194)
That is perfect! :lol:

Is that pic from the Devil May Cry?

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 6:57 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 8004200)
Is that pic from the Devil May Cry?

Yes, it is.

Here's another good game for you, Vagrant Story. You really have to think about the combat. although I've heard that people who like Final fantasy aren't so keen on it.

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004215)
Yes, it is.

I`ve never been into those games, as I far prefer gun crime to knife crime.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 8004221)
I`ve never been into those games, as I far prefer gun crime to knife crime.

He has some great guns, too.

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004224)
He has some great guns, too.

Keeping this topical, just how long do you think it will be, before violent gangs are roaming the streets of say sleepy Swindon, like they do in Los Angeles?

Ciderman Oct 9th 2009 7:09 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8004068)
Hardly a hell hole though is it:)

It has 5 little ones that you drive around the wrong way to get onto the big 1 in the middle.

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1092..._Wiltshire.jpg

Definitely wouldn't class Milton Keynes as a "hell hole". It's got some rough areas like everywhere else but there's a lot worse places I can think of.

Ah the Swindon Magic roundabout; those who've driven it many a time will be familiar with the concept of pick an exit an go for it. I've driven the Hemel Hempstead one many a time as well (in case your wondering I'm an ex-company car driver) and that one's fun in the rush hour. Maybe it's time for a classic roundabout drivers' club in the same vein as classic car owners club- the Milton Keynes Roundabout Appreciation Society?

On the subject of roaming gangs in Swindon, I'm thinking there may already be some but perhaps they don't quite have the headline grabbing attention of the Hell's Angels.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 8004230)
Keeping this topical, just how long do you think it will be, before violent gangs are roaming the streets of say sleepy Swindon, like they do in Los Angeles?

I think it's less likely there because pressure of space means you cannot have so many 'no-go zones' as here, where people who can afford to just move away from the trouble spots and don't worry too much about people killing eachother there. I also think there would be more public indignation about gang warfare in Swindon.

Did you check out my Vagrant Story edit above?

N1cky Oct 9th 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 8004169)
Hemel Hempstead has a similar one only with 6 little roundabouts plus the added bonus of being able to go either way round the big on in the middle :confused:

Oh my goodness I think I'd have a panic attack if I had to negotiate that.
Must strike MK and Swindon off my list of places to go, or rather add them to the "places to avoid list"[/QUOTE]

When I first arrived in LA and was a bit nervous about the driving I went out on a driving lesson. It was a bit of a joke, 'cos actually I was fine so it turned out to be a 1 hour chat with the instructer instead.

When I said MK was built on a grid system but with roundabouts at each junction, he said 'whats a roundabout?':lol:

I have come acoss one in a car park near where I live, I love watching people panic when they get to it, go the wrong way around it, do a u turn so not to have to do it, I even saw someone drive straight across it:eek:

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Ciderman (Post 8004235)
On the subject of roaming gangs in Swindon, I'm thinking there may already be some but perhaps they don't quite have the headline grabbing attention of the Hell's Angels.

Its all about glamour, LA has it and Swindon.....well what can I say, for once words just fail me.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Ciderman (Post 8004235)

Hell's Angels would be the least of your worries in parts of LA.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:15 am

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 8004240)
I have come acoss one in a car park near where I live, I love watching people panic when they get to it, go the wrong way around it, do a u turn so not to have to do it, I even saw someone drive straight across it:eek:

They put some in near us, completely pointless as no-one understood them and they've had to add 4 stop signs to each one :lol:

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004238)
I think it's less likely there because pressure of space means you cannot have so many 'no-go zones' as here, where people who can afford to just move away from the trouble spots and don't worry too much about people killing eachother there. I also think there would be more public indignation about gang warfare in Swindon.

Did you check out my Vagrant Story edit above?

Vagrant Story this is really old and somewhat forgotten, I do remember it as I used to have it, saying that though, I could never really get into it.

Jules Europe Oct 9th 2009 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 8004245)
Hell's Angels would be the least of your worries in parts of LA.

Spain`s pretty popular with Hells Angels and there is a town in Almeria province that they congregate to.

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 8004259)
Vagrant Story this is really old and somewhat forgotten, I do remember it as I used to have it, saying that though, I could never really get into it.

Fair enough, I loved it and kept playing it through with the upgrades :o Happy days :)

Sally Redux Oct 9th 2009 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Jules Europe (Post 8004266)
Spain`s pretty popular with Hells Angels and there is a town in Almeria province that they congregate to.

The LA gangs are sad territorial organizations.

http://www.streetgangs.com/maps/