Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Not strictly UK, Isle of Man. Crown dependency but self- governed.

Not strictly UK, Isle of Man. Crown dependency but self- governed.

Old Sep 8th 2022, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Not strictly UK, Isle of Man. Crown dependency but self- governed.

Hi everyone.
Hope it is ok to post in this UK thread.
Does anyone know if there is a specific Isle of Man thread please?

I am currently living in NSW Australia just outside Sydney in the foothills of the mountains. I am fully retired and just turned 70. I am English. Came to Oz in 1986 and lived here half my life now.

Things aren't what they used to be here now. I am beginning to feel quite concerned with what lies ahead for the world in general but particularly here. I have no desire to return to the UK as such (mainland). I'm sick of all the "wokeness" here and the politics are insane, not to mention completely unlawful now. I can explain that another time. It is no longer operating as a Commonwealth under the crown and riding roughshod over our constitution.

However I was listening to someone talking on a video on the internet about the Isle of Man, very safe, very well governed, no silly covid stuff going on now. Very beautiful,.if small, island compared to this one! As I am retired and somewhat reclusive I don't have the desire to travel far these days. So it might suit me.

Does anyone know if there is a forum on here or know anyone that has successfully settled there?

I would also be interested in some details as to transporting cats, someone mentioned they had done this. I understand from reading that all animals immigrating into the Isle of Man have to go via the UK and be passed through their own immigration and health checks there before on-transport to Isle of Man.

I've done a fair bit of reading this evening!

To all.of you who have returned to the UK from wherever, I wish you Welcome Home, good health, good luck and a wonderful new life.

Thanks for reading and any pointers.

Old Sep 9th 2022, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not strictly UK, Isle of Man. Crown dependency but self- governed.

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Hi everyone.
Hope it is ok to post in this UK thread.
Does anyone know if there is a specific Isle of Man thread please?

I am currently living in NSW Australia just outside Sydney in the foothills of the mountains. I am fully retired and just turned 70. I am English. Came to Oz in 1986 and lived here half my life now.

Things aren't what they used to be here now. I am beginning to feel quite concerned with what lies ahead for the world in general but particularly here. I have no desire to return to the UK as such (mainland). I'm sick of all the "wokeness" here and the politics are insane, not to mention completely unlawful now. I can explain that another time. It is no longer operating as a Commonwealth under the crown and riding roughshod over our constitution.

However I was listening to someone talking on a video on the internet about the Isle of Man, very safe, very well governed, no silly covid stuff going on now. Very beautiful,.if small, island compared to this one! As I am retired and somewhat reclusive I don't have the desire to travel far these days. So it might suit me.

Does anyone know if there is a forum on here or know anyone that has successfully settled there?

I would also be interested in some details as to transporting cats, someone mentioned they had done this. I understand from reading that all animals immigrating into the Isle of Man have to go via the UK and be passed through their own immigration and health checks there before on-transport to Isle of Man.

I've done a fair bit of reading this evening!

To all.of you who have returned to the UK from wherever, I wish you Welcome Home, good health, good luck and a wonderful new life.

Thanks for reading and any pointers.
Isle of Man is certainly an option and have met a few people over the years who had lived there, or they planned to return. I'm in Ireland now and have visited before, but unfortunately the ferry doesn't go that frequently and day trips are no longer possible, so can't comment these days. It really is a bit like a mini Ireland and they seem to have similar issues
https://michaeljosem.com/irelands-ho...r-isle-of-man/