Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Moved from Montreal to the UK but it's not working out

Moved from Montreal to the UK but it's not working out

Old Apr 2nd 2016, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved from Montreal to the UK but it's not working out

Maddie, just to say I remember your posts from before you came back and I am so very sorry to hear it is not working out. I do hope something comes up to improve the scenario...

alas, I have no advice, except that I agree you should go to a Citizen's Advice Bureau and see if there is some avenue you haven't yet explored--tho it does sound as if you have thought of everything.

I didn't know about the government's change of paying claimants their housing benefits directly instead of paying them into landlord's bank account, that makes things so much more difficult....

Oh dear, I have no advice except to say, my heart goes out to you!
Old Aug 6th 2016, 10:27 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

Is it worth considering London and environs? You might have to stay in a hostel for a while but it might have a lot of agencies in your field? Would it be the best chance of getting UK experience?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered being a property guardian ? It might help with the living situation, for example I have a mate who is registered with Guardians of London and is staying in a huge listed property in Mayfair for practically nothing. They would rather have someone in these vacant properties than let squatters descend on them.

http://guardiansoflondon.com

Edit: I just noticed she hasn't been active since late April :/

Last edited by Freshwhyte; Aug 11th 2016 at 1:16 am.
Old Aug 11th 2016, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, no word from Maddie since April, I do wonder how she is doing....