Most amazing places in London?

Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:05 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most amazing places in London?

If you wanted to convince someone that London was one of the best cities in the World... where would you take them... or make sure they visited?
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:34 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most amazing places in London?

Originally Posted by brissybee
If you wanted to convince someone that London was one of the best cities in the World... where would you take them... or make sure they visited?
My husband visited for the first time with me a couple of years ago, and I took him on an open air bus to get a superficial view of the major sites - Trafalgar Square, Tower bridge, the tower of london, St Pauls, big ben, etc....

We went back to actually visit the tower of london and the crown jewels, see the ravens, etc.

I was testifying in a trial, so didn't have days free myself, so he came to the courts, which the general public can do, and he loved the wigs and gowns and to see living history.

He kept himself entertained, and visited the natural history museum, and the V&A, both of which he loved and wished he could have spent more time there. He liked the pubs and was overjoyed at the food selections at gastro pubs.

He like traveling on the tube, and thought the bus / train and tube system was awesome. especially as it was so easy, and so relatively inexpensive.

(One of his most mentioned things from the trip was seeing the Paddington bear at Paddington station!)
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever I returned for a trip to England I've always taken a tube to Westminster Bridge, and walked out into the light to see the Thames, Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

I then go by boat to Greenwich seeing much of London on the way. At Greenwich I walk up through the park to the Royal Observatory where there is a magnificent view across the river to Canary Wharf and the City.

For my return I walk under the Thames and take the overhead Dockland Light Railway to Tower Gateway.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:13 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I love visiting the Tower of London. The Natural History museum is great and I'd do a bus tour and hamleys too as well as covent garden and camden, ok thats me homesick again
Old Oct 7th 2013, 6:17 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

I absolutely adore Borough Market and hidden behind it is the most wonderful old church. The food goodies you get at the market are amazing.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Tower of London, definitely!

Covent Garden Market and the streets around it, Neal's Yard, the Astrology Shop, that whole area.

Camden Town and the Market

The walk along the Thames by the Houses of Parliament, opposite the SouthBank Centre and the London Eye

Primrose Hill - stunning view!

The Tube, I love riding the Underground and my niece has picked up the same enthusiasm, insists we go everywhere possible by tube, and go up and down the longest escalators around!
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:16 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

There are some lovely ideas here... thanks.

I have never seen many of the touristy things so hope to rectify that and am really pleased to learn about Borough Markets, Neals Yard and the Astrology Shop.

I'm a country girl but my loved ones seem more interested in concrete than countryside so any further ideas will be very welcome!

Last edited by brissybee; Oct 11th 2013 at 4:19 am.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:20 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen many of the touristy things so hope to rectify that and am really pleased to learn about Borough Markets, Neals Yard and the Astrology Shop.

I'm a country girl but my loved ones seem more interested in concrete than countryside so any further ideas will be very welcome!
I just think it's great to take people to see the "iconic" - My hubster was into phone boxes and taxi's!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 5:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you like the Astrology Shop and that kind of thing, look up Mysteries as well, thats in Monmouth Street, and the Astrology Shop is in Neal Street, about two minutes apart. Real treasure troves for everything from candles, to books, to rocks and gemstones
Old Oct 12th 2013, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Whenever I returned for a trip to England I've always taken a tube to Westminster Bridge, and walked out into the light to see the Thames, Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.

I then go by boat to Greenwich seeing much of London on the way. At Greenwich I walk up through the park to the Royal Observatory where there is a magnificent view across the river to Canary Wharf and the City.

For my return I walk under the Thames and take the overhead Dockland Light Railway to Tower Gateway.
This is a favourite day for me too
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:44 pm
Banned

Nora77 is an unknown quantity at this point

for me it was thames river, well, at least untill they made this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Oct 13th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nora77
for me it was thames river, well, at least untill they made this...

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1619/a66c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
You still have a few years to enjoy it . . .
Old Oct 25th 2013, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Most amazing places in London?

Well that mostly dépends of what that particular person enjoy doing as there are so many things to do and see in London

I love the Covent Garden area and walking through St James Park and the many green areas of the town !

Not to forget the quintessential afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason of course

Karim